Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ABC it's as easy as 123
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:26 am 
So, based on the lynch proposal that happened it seems clear we need a way to choose people-pseudorandomly which won't be easily mafia manipulable. Here is a proposal simply called ABC here is how it works, if we are unsure who to lynch vote for the first person in alphabetical order (by usernames) no exceptions. (I'm J, I'm solidly in the middle of this, not why I chose it). But Josh, what if we know that's it's better to lynch one of the following list of seven sketchy people. i.e. people at EC, peckerites, people who own ghost costumes?, simply take the relevant list of people and lynch the first one of them in alphabetical order (if ya'll really want we could do reverse alphabetical order in this case, I don't really care). This is a good way to make sure mafia have much more limited control over our forced lynches so they go from an active penalty to functionally neutral.

Josh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:58 pm 
I would prefer a precedent of reverse alphabetical.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:47 pm 
I thought god-lynching was not permitted :P . I think it should be reverse-alphabetical on the md5-hash of the board username.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:02 pm 
getting md5s is a hassle. How about reverse alphabetical on the last letter of the board username?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:13 pm 
usernames meant to be forumnames, lynching aok not recommended.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:31 pm 
Stating that I dislike this method on principle. Also, I don't think it is actually better than going off of soft suspicions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:47 pm 
Much, much, much better. People are shit at soft suspicions and mafia are good at manipulating, I dislike on principal, vastly prefer in practice.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:58 pm 
Jessk, I was joking. My md5 begins with 0.