Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:06 pm 
4TH CHANGE FROM ORIGINAL: Both sueshep and jessk are dead. God did very poorly tonight; this will not happen again.

sueshep: (6)
abergal
isaacg
frevan
lilychen
shikexue
sueshep

jessk: (5)
Daniel Grazian
Lucy
lzahray
pravinas
sashacf

isaacg: (4)
dukhovni
fmajluf7

dukhovni: (2)
lopzev
ltchin

ksedlar: (1)
lgunder

lopezv: (1)
ksedlar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:10 pm 
Wat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:11 pm 
I take responsibility for that, though I wasn't terribly expecting it to happen. Basically, I became convinced that sueshep was quite likely innocent, so I last-minute went back to jessk.

I'm hoping I can be more involved with the game tomorrow, though I still am going to be at work until 7 p.m. I'd like to see a meeting of players happen on campus afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:12 pm 
Secret last-minute lynch mobs are awful for town, and you of all people should know that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 pm 
There were just four of us, that should not have been enough to make the vote.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:13 pm 
As far as I know, dgrazian was only responsible for at most 4 votes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:15 pm 
Not so terrible from my perspective when I am dictating the decision. And it was tremendously unclear who was going to be lynched anyway.

Still, I'd buy that it was a bad decision. Especially from a global perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:22 pm 
Wow, um, okay. And here I was all ready to write a long post berating town about why they had just lynched someone whose play would have made no sense at all if they were mafia, and whose life is worth a lot more than people were giving it credit for... (see my other post).

I guess I feel... neutral... about lynching jessk...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:36 pm 
I didn't vote, which I know is pretty bad for town too ): But it was unclear to me who the best lynch would be, and I was occupied with something else in the last hour or so and just never made a decision. I think in general for town we should discuss lynches a little bit more ahead of time if possible. I personally feel like I know less of what's going on since I don't live near a majority of players. I don't want to make an uneducated lynch vote because I didn't have time to read every post in the last half hour before 11 /:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:47 pm 
Yes, we definitely should have had an earlier lynch. In particular, jessk never got the chance to say if she was an innocent child or gay knight... I again propose a default lynch that is decided >=3 hours before 11:00. If crazy stuff happens later in the day, then we can always overwrite the default. Defaults can reveal if they are innocent child / gay knight during the last hour-ish of day, so that there is enough time to change the lynch vote to whatever they decide, but so that they don't reveal early if other events take precedence over the default lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:01 am 
I propose that we lynch abergal, the first person alphabetically, unless a better choice presents itself. Josh was arguing for an alphabetical lynch, and given that he was killed, I'm more inclined to go with his plan (even though I don't like it that much for out-of-game reasons).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:06 am 
Whoah, whoah. I did NOT vote for Sueshep. I voted for lopezv, as I said I would, because I didn't see a non-Sueshep option that would be popular enough in time. So Jessk should be lynched via tiebreaker from yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 am 
nooooooooo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 am 
I'm sorry. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:10 am 
God, this is why you should make a Google form for voting...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 am 
ksedlar wrote:
Whoah, whoah. I did NOT vote for Sueshep. I voted for lopezv, as I said I would, because I didn't see a non-Sueshep option that would be popular enough in time. So Jessk should be lynched via tiebreaker from yesterday.

Hey katie, can you check your message logs to see whether the email actually got sent, and whether aok has read it (if it's in the outbox or not)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 am 
Why did sueshep vote for herself?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:48 am 
As someone who lives away from hubs, I also would like an in-person townie meeting to happen (because I am actually too busy to wander to Random and hang out there). Tonight I was busy from 12:30-6:00 and also 9:30-11:00 (as I am on Monday and Thursday b/c rugby practice) so I didn't get to vote... but for the record I would not have lynched Sueshep because she could totally be useful as confirmed non-mafia at least until she died. I definitely think default lynch should be in place, too, so if people want to lynch me on a Monday or Thursday (as an early-alphabet person) I can at least defend myself.

Also sorry for being super quiet but I don't know most of you or the rules too well and I actually haven't been witness to anything useful yet. :/

Long post is long.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:14 am 
Please can we get a google form for following days? There are too many problems

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:19 am 
Today I was busy at 11 PM. On subsequent days, I do not expect to be busy around 11 PM.