Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 Lynch
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:43 pm 
Hey guys,

We need to start thinking about lynch targets much earlier than in previous days. Unfortunately, I don't have any particularly compelling suggestions for lynch targets, other than inactive players. The players who have not posted at all and have no alibis are akshat, asludds, AustinFathman, Brenda, and cstubbe. The other players with no alibis (ameliek, Haley, and ksmori) have posted at least once.

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Lynch
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:46 pm 
Today is day 3...

[EDIT FROM GOD: FIXED SUBJECT LINE FROM "DAY 4 LYNCH"]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:05 pm 
Oh whoops... date errors aside, do people have opinions on on lynching ABC versus lynching inactives? I'll note that the people with no alibis and no posts are pretty high in alphabetical order so there's that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:20 pm 
I proposed abergal as our default lynch in the other Day 3 Lynch thread.

Aside from being first alphabetically, she has also been less active this game than she usually is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:28 pm 
Less active than previous games because I am kind of hosed this IAP and don't want mafia to take over my life like last IAP game.

I would rather not be lynched, but understand the alphabetical order idea. I will reveal my role closer to lynch time if there's a strong movement to lynch me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:43 pm 
I have a mild preference for lynching akshat since it's pretty close to the top but also someone who is inactive and therefore less useful to town. I guess I'm okay with alphabetical too though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:44 pm 
I think the vampire testing me should decide the lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 pm 
For what it's worth, I am on board with ksedlar's plan as I understand it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 pm 
I am fine with lynching either abergal or akshat.

It would have been really nice if the vampire who tests me could decide the lynch, but we should probably decide on a default lynch before it gets too late again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 pm 
But actually, guys. I would guess that Akshat wouldn't role reveal one way or another, but if we plan to lynch abergal, we should at least agree on it within the next half hour. I would personally not be comfortable lynching abergal with less than half an hour before lynchtime.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:55 pm 
Don't hate me Ksedlar, but I'm just calling things as I see them:

We are using a lot of effort to decide if Ksedlar is town or not. And we've lynched people for less. Much less in Jessk's almost lynch case. I just want to know if all this is worth it, because if Ksedlar were mafia, then:

The lynch vote has been postponed till now. We were gearing (slowly) toward a lynch target until welp. Let vamp decide. Jk no time. Decide someone now.

And then this really elaborate plan smacks a teeny bit of stalling. Perfect stalling procedure. Vamp and not investigator. Why didn't we do this sooner?

Maybe I'm too lazy or paranoid. Maybe it's all incidental and vamps are new so we don't know how to use them. Maybe we're making a lot of mistakes. But maybe it's a lot easier to just lynch Ksedlar tonight. I mean she's a brilliant player. No matter which side she's on. But this is a large delay/hold up in game. And that's exactly what I would cause if I were mafia aligned like I was in a past life.

I just... I dunno. Highly evolved play, or highly evolved ploy? Which wayof handling it actually gives us the advantage? I'd hate to lose an innocent but... Eh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:58 pm 
I don't know if it's a mark of manipulation or cooperation, but the majority of game action, or forum action at least, has been driven by Ksedlar for a while. I don't know if that means brilliant mafia or brilliant town.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 pm 
We should definitely make a lynch decision. Doesn't have to be Ksedlar tonight. But if this isn't resolved by tomorrow I see no reason to make this take an extremely long time. Maybe we should lynch abergal to avoid last minute shit storm.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:09 pm 
I was pushing for having a default lynch before this as well. Also, I started discussion about vampire checking me at noon. I did not expect all this delay.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:11 pm 
I want to lynch an inactive to get them out of the way, because they're less valuable to town even if they are townies than active players like ksedlar. I mean, akshat hasn't posted once, and probably wouldn't even notice if we lynched him. I like having really active people around even if they're riskier to keep alive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:11 pm 
If there's a default lynch can it not be me? I will role reveal to ksedlar as soon as she is vampire checked. I'm not mafia; people who played when I was mafia can confirm that I am generally much more active/stressed in that position.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:18 pm 
I would be up for lynching akshat, especially with this late of discussion on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:19 pm 
I'm on board with the inactive lynch.

I'm not exactly thrilled about the abergal lynch tonight. Also, I'm the vampire drinking Katie's blood and if all goes well, we will both be confirmed innocent (and me dead) in an hour.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:20 pm 
Yeah, akshat seems like a reasonable lynch to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:23 pm 
Ummm, pravinas I am also a vampire drinking ksedlar's blood... This seems fishy now.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:24 pm 
Oh god. X_X

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:27 pm 
Lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:29 pm 
Only the one who doesn't find me tasty should have revealed!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:30 pm 
Pravina: as the vampire who is dying tonight, who would you like to lynch?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:34 pm 
I will be busy for at least the next half hour. so I am going to vote for akshat. I also think inactive players are not valuable; even if they have an important role, it's not going to help town if they don't use it. The vampire stuff just got really confusing to me but we won't have time to settle it before tonight's lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:43 pm 
Let's Lynch akshat.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:45 pm 
Unless vampire shenanigans pull through, that is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 pm 
It's probably too late to change lynch targets regardless of shenanigans... We don't want another tied vote fiasco like last night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 pm 
I changed my vote at literally the last minute to Shikexue (text sent at 11:00, assuming that will count)
Jeanie and cstubbe came to my room and told me about the positive investigation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:07 pm 
I don't think I was able to change my vote in time either... it's probably fine. I'm sure enough people voted for him to get lynched. Miles and I were both playing Settlers of Catan so I don't think he was able to change either.