Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dear vampires
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm 
Town seems interested in vampire checking me tonight, so one of you should pm me that you're a vampire and are going to check me. I will then tell you my role, and you will tell me whether or not I am tasty to you. If so, then I will ask for another vampire. If not, then you should attempt to drink my blood tonight. Approximately 2 hours before day end, you should declare yourself to be the vampire checking me and dictate the lynch vote, giving your lynch target enough time to reveal if necessary.

Obviously if the claimed vampire doesn't die tonight, you should lynch/vigilante kill both of us. Otherwise mafia would have no penalty for fake claiming vampire.

Post subject: Re: Dear vampires
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:32 pm 
What if a mafia PMs you and says they are a vampire, then after you reveal your role they say "oh darn can't drink your blood you're tasty" ...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:45 pm 
Well, I would definitely tell a person or two who that vampire was so they can't anonymously trap me. Then if I die from set a trap it would link link back to them. I would also push them to be vampire testing another person soon, and if they didn't, then I would lynch them.

Alternatively I could ask them for what roles they find tasty first, and then only tell them my role if I'm not tasty. But in the theoretical case where I was mafia, that could be a ploy to find the roles of a bunch of vampires. So I guess that would be up to the individual vampires preference, and whether care about dying in a couple days if I do end up being tasty to them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:06 pm 
Any vampire who wants to volunteer for this SHOULD NOT do it directly. They should go through a proxy. And don't make the proxy obvious.

DO NOT reveal yourself to ksedlar directly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:32 pm 
Wait, what the heck, Dgrazian? I don't want to tell my role to some random proxy! Dgrazian, I freaking volunteered to be vampire checked! You don't get to dictate the conditions of it.

It the theoretical case where I'm mafia, the vampire could check someone else tomorrow and die from that instead. Whereas with your suggestion this random proxy needlessly finds out about my role (as well as the vampire's role.) Also, if the vampire claims that I'm tasty to them, then I won't know who they are and be able to retaliate (as explained above) to a fake mafia claim.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:42 pm 
How will you not be able to retaliate? You'd know their role right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:44 pm 
I think Katie's right here, actually. Ideally an innocent child or otherwise proven innocent could act as a proxy, but since that's not feasible, it seems better to have a vampire at risk of being set-a-trapped than to have Katie at risk of being set-a-trapped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm 
I wouldn't know anyone's role if the vampire used a proxy. The point is that in order to do the thing I posted in response to Oreo, I would need to know who the "vampire" who found me tasty was, so I could have someone to point to and say, if I die in a trap-ish way, lynch them / make sure they test someone else in the next few days.

Also, if the proxy happened to be mafia, they could just lie to the vampire about what I told them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:52 pm 
How about this: Katie tells a person who she trusts what role she's claiming. She posts who this person is. Vampires contact this person, and they determine whether the vampire is suitable for a check on Katie. The proxy then announces that a vampire check has been arranged, and if the vampire doesn't die the next day the proxy can say so and lynch the fake vampire. The vampire doesn't learn Katie's role, and Katie doesn't learn any vampires' roles. If Katie then dies from set a trap, the proxy who arranged the vampire check is implicated. It's not perfect (in particular it requires a relatively trusted proxy), but it seems better than revealing to "some random proxy".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:56 pm 
Katie doesn't even need to tell the vampire her role though. The vampire should say what roles they don't find tasty and ask whether Katie is one of them. She doesn't need to specify which. This doesn't seem that risky at all for Katie in terms of getting set a trapped no matter which way it's done. All the vampire would know is one of 5 or one of 3 roles she is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:58 pm 
I think the concern there is if katie is mafia, and says that she's tasty to all the vampires who contact her, she could weasel her way out of being vampire-checked as well as learn a bunch of vampires' roles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:17 pm 
If there is a random proxy, and they're mafia, then they simply reverse say the opposite of whatever I say to the vampire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:18 pm 
Derp, *simply say the opposite

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:23 pm 
Right, which is why you presumably pick someone you trust to act as the proxy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:27 pm 
Ah, I guess if that was with the proxy chosen by me. Okay then. The plan will be, I will name proxy X. 1 vampire will reveal to proxy X, who will then tell ask me if I'm one of the vampire's three roles. Repeat until a vampire is found who I am non-tasty to.

Does anyone object to this plan before I name my proxy?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:09 pm 
Vampire, please do this.