Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:01 pm 
See the plan in "Dear vampires." I am choosing Austin Fathman as my proxy. A vampire should reveal to Austin Fathman, and he will post when one has. Then the vampire asks if I am one of three roles they find tasty. Austin then relays this question to me. I answer and he gets back to the vampire. If I am tasty, Austin posts again asking for another vampire. Repeat until a vampire finds me non-tasty. Then they drink my blood tonight.

This plan has been Dgrazian, Lilychen, and Lucy approved.

This should be done fairly soon so the vampire has time to choose a lynch, who has time to reveal if they are innocent child / gay knight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:02 pm 
Confirming approval.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:07 pm 
And vampires: please, please do this. If Katie is not mafia then you die, but this is the best use-case for your role. The vampire's job, as the role has been designed, is to die in this way (much like prophets in previous games.) And it will be a tremendous for the town to determine for certain whether Ksedlar is mafia.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:12 pm 
Plan approved by me. Vampires, please reveal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:16 pm 
To Austin. Vampires reveal to Austin.

And Austin, you should publicly announce each time a vampire reveals to you and whether he/she is suitable for the task.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:21 pm 
None have as of yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:57 pm 
Vampires, this is not something you should wait until the last minute to do. Don't be thinking, "Oh, some other vampire will do this." This is the most useful use of your power. Please reveal to Austin.

Not only does the vampire testing me need to pick the lynch target for tonight (with enough time for them to role reveal), but it would also be great if you could share your suspicions, anti-suspicions, etc.

There is no benefit of waiting until later to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:05 pm 
Wait. This is not the same as the plan I suggested. I'll say more once I'm on a laptop instead of a phone, but this plan doesn't hold Katie accountable for claiming a role before she hears what the vampires find tasty.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:07 pm 
Unless Katie has already told Austin what role she is

My plan would have Austin make the decision of whether the vampire is suitable, rather than Katie.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:15 pm 
This was what lzahray suggested in the other thread, which I initially misunderstood. I don't find out the names of any vampires, only Austin Fathman does.

If I am mafia and Austin Fathman is mafia, then even if mafia find out several vampires from the deal, then I am a proven mafia (modulo the vampire who didn't die) and implicate Austin, who would probably get lynched soon. 2 mafia for a few vampires, good for town.
If I am mafia and Austin Fathman is town, then mafia finds out the identity of no vampires, and I am a nearly proven mafia (modulo the vampire who didn't die). 1 mafia for no vampires, good for town.
If I am town and Austin Fathman is town, then I'm proven innocent and no vampire identities are known to mafia, good for town.
If I am town and Austin Fathman is mafia, then he lies about my response to the vampire, it looks like one of me or the vampire are mafia, and town is sad. But I think this scenario is low enough probability to risk my life on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:18 pm 
If this is something people are seriously concerned about though I can just reveal my role to Austin, I guess...

I don't think it's necessary, but we're running out of time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:24 pm 
Also, I'm comfortable with playing probabilities to say that if 3 vampires reveal to Austin, and somehow none of them find me tasty, then I will vote for myself in tonight's lynch vote.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:33 pm 
*comfortable enough with

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:38 pm 
So the scenario I'm concerned about is that Katie is mafia and just says "oh, I'm tasty to that vampire" every time, or otherwise somehow weasels her way out of getting checked. If Katie tells Austin her role to begin with, she doesn't have that option.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:51 pm 
If this is something other people are concerned with, I can role reveal, but I'd like to hear from someone else. No one seems to be checking forums. :(
Lily, would you be okay if the first vampire asked me if I was one of three roles, but then I role reveal for any subsequent vampires?

Also, Austin says one vampire did reveal to him, but now they are not responding to pms, and they didn't say anything about tastiness, even just to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:54 pm 
Eh, I mean fine. Having a sub-optimal vampire check is better than having no vampire check, I guess. I would still prefer that you role-reveal to Austin, but I can understand your hesitation to do so. I'm just not totally onboard with this plan and would like to put that on the record.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 pm 
Okay, I'm apparently not tasty to the vampire!

Also, Lily, I ended up role-revealing to Austin anyway...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:12 pm 
Cool, glad to hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 pm 
Hey guys, sorry for confusion. Vampire drinking will occur tonight. Please don't lynch ksedlar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:20 pm 
Just a question, should ksedlar/the vampire reveal to someone else, in the case that AustinFathman is mafia and lied to the vampire about the tastiness of ksedlar and uses the information about her role to implicate her? As in, when the vampire doesn't die, ksedlar appears to be mafia?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:25 pm 
tsims wrote:
Just a question, should ksedlar/the vampire reveal to someone else, in the case that AustinFathman is mafia and lied to the vampire about the tastiness of ksedlar and uses the information about her role to implicate her? As in, when the vampire doesn't die, ksedlar appears to be mafia?

There are two vampires drinking blood tonight. One will die, and that one has been told to publicly reveal that they are a vampire.
The second one will live.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:26 pm 
I publicly posted in another thread. I am the vampire that will likely be dying tonight. If I don't die, it makes sense to lynch both of us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:28 pm 
Oooohkay. It would have been nice if this detail were revealed ahead of time to avoid confusion.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:29 pm 
In that case, I think ICs and GNs should reveal to pravinas so that she can set up a network, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:29 pm 
I really wish you would have posted this change in the plan before

EDIT: agree with lilychen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 pm 
Yeah this is now suboptimal, and very confusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:33 pm 
The vampires revealed late, and then there was some trouble with trying to have them ascertain whether or not I was tasty, combined with confusion about how vampire rules work...

Definitely only Pravina should have revealed.

Tsims, if you find me tasty, then there is no mafia-distinguishing effect from you drinking from me. Only Pravina drinking me tests my innocence. You won't give mafia a free kaboom if they're killed, but that was a benefit that should have been kept secret.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:37 pm 
Yeah, but I wasn't really informed before I posted. :/
Welp, thems the breaks. If I don't die pretty soon, y'all should probs lynch me, cuz conscription.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:39 pm 
You should test someone non-tasty to you tomorrow.