Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:23 pm 
ksedlar, why do you believe this investigator?

Post subject: Re: Day 4 discussion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:33 pm 
It is bad play for a mafia to falsely claim a positive result. Either they are relaying an unfounded result, or they are relaying a frame (which townies would relay equally).

Also, I personally mistrusted Shi-ke due to his happiness about lynching Sueshep.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:35 pm 
Frame a townsperson seems rather likely to me at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:36 pm 
That shikexue was framed seems pretty unlikely to me - why would the mafia choose a seemingly random person to frame when there are a bunch of bad alabis and they don't know who would be investigated?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:45 pm 
I agree that framing Shi-ke when there was no discussion of having him investigated is weird.

So, there are 4 scenarios:
a. Shi-ke was, in fact, mafia. (likely)
b. Mafia framed Shi-ke and had a mafia masquerading as investigator report it. (semi-likely)
c. Mafia framed Shi-ke and a regular investigator happened to report it (fairly unlikely)
d. Mafia did not frame Shi-ke, but had a mafia masquerading as investigator report it. (Very unlikely unless somehow mafia were trying to protect akshat, but that still wouldn't make sense since the person who claimed to investigate Shi-ke was likely the more valuable player to mafia).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 am 
In case I die, I want to make a note of something:

Ksedlar was innocent (as of the end of day 3.) I (among others, but especially me) were wrong.

However: remember that conscription exists. Ksedlar is an extremely enticing conscription target and, while we should trust her for now, if she survives more than a few days, we should be be quite suspicious of her.

In particular, if she is one of the only experienced/high-energy townies left, she is very likely mafia. So do not let her get away with end-of-game bs (same applies for other really experienced players, including lilychen and myself.) And remember, the end of the game comes sooner than people realize (20 players left is at end-game.)

This is the last 'anti-ksedlar' thing I will say in a while (probably.) But please remember this!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:04 pm 
Welp, she certainly wasn't conscripted.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:09 pm 
I actually did that with her consent. We were trying to decrease the likelihood that she would be conscripted...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:14 pm 
I'm sorry dgrazian, I don't understand. Are you saying you killed Her?

Oh and slightly related: we need a new police officer. Mafia are too on top of things.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:14 pm 
Important question: at some point ksedlar gave me a microphone which I later gave back to her. Does anyone know where that microphone went/who has the receiver?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm 
Of course not. I mean that ksedlar and I agreed that it would be good to place some artificial heat on her to discourage the mafia from conscripting her. Hence my post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:28 pm 
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. Sorry about the potentially inflammatory nature of my ignorance. >_<

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:31 pm 
No problem. I don't mind inflammatory statements. I just want to be vampire-checked instead of lynched tonight if it's going to be one of the two things. And I reluctantly think that from an external perspective it should be.