Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 discussion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:17 pm 
Like dgrazian said before he died, we need to be proactive townies so that the mafia can't just lull us into inactivity and slowly kill us off.

I think we should organize a town meeting tonight in order to discuss investigations/lynches, sign petitions (I think we should elect abergal as police officer), and generally discuss the game/get to meet each other. I have a class until 9, and I would like to be at the meeting if at all possible, so I'm going to propose that we meet at 9 in EC. Abergal and dukhovni should probably have scheduling priority though. Please post if you're interested in coming to the meeting (you should come if at all possible!) and what time you would be able to meet.

Post subject: Re: Day 5 discussion
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:21 pm 
I would like the meeting to be earlier. Starting it at 9 seems to be not enough time to fully discuss things and make decisions before day end.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:21 pm 
I also won't be very available/active on forum after 7pm.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:28 pm 
Ok, how about 6 or 6:30 then?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:32 pm 
I can not make it at 9, there is a Simmons hockey game (cstubbe and Frevan and maybe Jeanie will also definitely not make it at 9). As for earlier, I can come pretty much any time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:34 pm 
Ok, let's plan for 6 pm then?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:38 pm 
how do we get in if we're not a resident/on a guest list?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:39 pm 
Is there someone at EC who can let us into Talbot?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:40 pm 
Wait. It's EC. I feel like that's a little bit of a dumb question. Where will it happen in EC?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:44 pm 
Well hopefully someone in EC can let us in to use Talbot. (Miles? Anpere?) Otherwise we could also move it to Random, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:48 pm 
In case anyone is reluctant to go to the meeting tonight, I outlined reasons why each town-sided role should want to go:

Innocent child: You already have a network of people you know are innocent so that's extra people you can try to stick with besides us 3. Plus you can tell them your suspicions ahead of time just in case.

Gay Knight: IF you do die, at least your partner will be cleared as innocent and can help town for a day. This role may not have the best motivation, but in my opinion it's also one of the less important roles that town has /:

Conspiracy theorist: Put people you're suspicious of on your list and they can't kill you. Also, you can purposely try to be alone with them so they can try to kill you and you wont die. Then you'd have a confirmed mafia

Vigilante: You can possibly publicly shoot someone if that is what town wants; or at least you can learn more here: who to be suspicious of and who would be a good vig kill.

Investigator: We are going to be close to some of the kills so this is a perfect opportunity to stop by a place you might not normally be and check number of clues or make investigations!

Superhero: same as investigator.

Desperado: if you are scared of dying at the meeting without having used your power, you can easily go desperado before the meeting, and while there you can be investigator (see above) PLUS nobody can kill you. I think it would be justified to go desperado today, but also justified to wait. So whatever

Vampire: Ehhhh idk vampire strategy.. so maybe this is the one exception to your ROLE benefiting from going, but I still think it's good for you personally to get more information and good for town overall if more people go.

I wrote this casually when talking to another player, but it seemed worth posting in case others were having doubts/whatever. Also keep in mind that this meeting will be beneficial not only personally (you'll have more opportunity to learn/talk about strategy, meet players you didn't know before, etc.) but more importantly, it should be really helpful for town. It will be more helpful if more people go.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:52 pm 
Oops... ignore the part in innocent child about "extra people besides us 3" That was out of context.

What I mean for innocent children is that you have a network of a few people you can trust, so you can at least try to be somewhat near them as witnesses if someone tries to discreetly kill you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:05 pm 
So is 6pm the time this is happening?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:12 pm 
Desperados have to tell God that they're going desperado before the start of the day. (I think desperados should seriously consider going desperado soon, if they haven't already.) Everything else looks pretty sensible to me.

I think everyone stands to benefit from going to the meeting. It's generally good for town to discuss things and for there to be communication between townies, because we can be damn sure the mafia are communicating with each other. The worst thing we could do now is to roll over and be inactive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:17 pm 
Oh darn I thought desperados could declare at any time then they just died 2 days later. But yes everyone should go anyway.

I think 6pm was decided, and nobody seemed to argue against that time

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:23 pm 
We just need an EC person who can let us into Talbot. Or if enough people prefer, we could have it at Random (or maybe the student center) instead.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm 
Well, the student center is closer for those of us in Simmons. (Also I suppose it's more convenient for McCormick, Maseeh, Next and BC, if those players are planning on attending)

But I am not opposed to going to random or EC since that's where I assumed it would be

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:27 pm 
Ok, let's tentatively plan on meeting in the student center then. Maybe in one of the 5th floor group study rooms?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:37 pm 
I'm sorry but I won't be able to go, guys :/ I just came out of a meeting with my UROP and have to read up on a lot of things for tomorrow morning, building props for Stop Kiss, and making a 2000 pieces puzzle. But I'll be reading everything on the forums and voting. I also apologize for not being active in this game; I've been really busy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:50 pm 
6pm works for me, either EC or student center; shall we go with student center, meet in 5th floor lobby?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm 
Sounds good to me. I'll be there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:32 pm 
I won't be able to make it to the actual gathering, I have a meeting with my Momentum group, interestingly in the student center at 6.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:02 pm 
Dukhovni and I are in the 5th floor lobby. Is anyone else planning on coming?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:04 pm 
Now Lucy and isaacg are here.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:05 pm 
Oreo, frevan, cstubbe, and Jeanie just arrived.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:09 pm 
Abergal is here now.