Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 Investigations
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:42 pm 
I thought I'd make a new investigations thread, because the previous one is getting very long.

3 thoughts on investigations:

1. There is a mafia don in this game. Given the very long Day 0 period, the don was almost certainly selected before Day 1, or during Day 1. Given that there have been two kills at EC, and they were exactly 3 mafia kills apart (asjm and jakob), I would guess that those kills were made by the don, and that the don lives at EC. Thus, we should not be investigating them, and EC players should be trying to use NP witnesses to figure out who killed them.

2. If that conjecture is correct, the only investigable kill is dgrazian's, so I think we should be investigating that kill.

3. However, I'm not a proven innocent, abergal is. She should be calling the shots, if possible.

Post subject: Re: Day 5 Investigations
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 pm 
If any investigator doesn't know who to investigate today, I have one idea. Have your proxy PM me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:08 pm 
This seems risky. We need to be careful that the mafia don't get a chance to use Frame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:09 pm 
Nevermind, I changed my mind. Do not PM me

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:13 pm 
I thought I had an idea, but realized I was wrong about something so just ignore me :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:21 pm 
Agreed, abergal should be calling the shots.

Your theory about don sounds sensible, but keep in mind that some of those kills might have been rogue kills, so the parity argument isn't that straightforward.

Also, the remaining EC players are Miles, Anpere, cyqwang, Brenda, and akshat. Miles and Anpere had a solid alibi for the murder of asjm, and akshat was highly trusted by ksedlar for unspecified reasons. Cyqwang was investigated and turned up innocent for that murder, so she could have done it as don, but I don't think she's been very active in the game so far. Brenda also hasn't been terribly active.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:23 pm 
Forum inactivity is a good cover for mafia activity.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm 
It's true. Maybe cyqwang and Brenda should be lynched, but we might have higher priority lynch targets. In any case, abergal should decide.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:42 pm 
Let me revise my original post. dgrazian, jfrisch and ksedlar's deaths are the best ones to investigate, because they are unlikely to have been made by the don.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:44 pm 
Detective Conan went to Daniel's death scene and found 6 clues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:19 pm 
Dr. Watson is dead, he was isaacg.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:21 pm 
Detective Conan is dead, it was lilychen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 pm 
If there are any investigators left, I think that I would be a prime target to check. I am innocent, but I think town should be strongly suspicious of me and my poor timing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:49 pm 
Poor alibi, wants to be investigated, seems sketchy to me, possible Don? Or just eager townie? I don't know what to think about this.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 pm 
I'm an eager townie. Suppose I were don. Since I told lopezv and dbauscher that I was going to lecture, they would both be aware of me being near the death location when it happened. That would get me suspected quickly, so instead I wish to dispell the logical conclusion of me being mafia by just declaring that I happened to be there at the wrong time.