Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:26 pm 
(See topic title)

So we need to get on top of things. I realize that many people are much more heavily involved in the puzzle hunt than I am, so if not a lot of discussion happens until Sunday, that's understandable. But if you have a chance, you should definitely think about things and post your thoughts.

Here are things I want to talk about, please bring up other topics if you think they are relevant:

1. New police officer.
Ugh. See Frevan's post. It will most likely be Frevan or me as the new police officer, so if you are not comfortable with that, please say so.

2. Dukohvni.
I can see how it's suspicious that he's still alive. But also the mafia are very smart this game, and I think it would be smart for mafia to keep him alive and let us lynch him. So I'm curious how other people feel about dukohvni. I do support sending around an impeachment petition, but not necessarily impeaching him right away. If we do impeach him, we need a new mayor immediately after. It might be me, or another Simmons player. If you want to run or are not comfortable with a Simmons player being mayor please say so.

3. Inactive players.
Are frustrating. asludds and brenda have zero alibis. This doesn't imply anything about them being mafia or town, but I have no idea who they are. Lots of people have very few alibis or have not been posting on the forums at all. Come on. Are you even playing?

4. Investigators
If you are an investigator and you are still alive, PLEASE start being active now. You are hurting the town if you are not making investigations.

5. Vigilantes
What does everyone think: Should a vigilante shoot when there is so much at stake? What kind of evidence should a vig have before shooting?

6. Desperadoes
You should probably go desperado if you haven't yet. Unless anyone else has reason to advise them to do otherwise. I think this game could be over very soon if town doesn't get our crap together. You don't want to die having not used your power.

7. (Obvious) Who is mafia??
I have no idea. The mafia members are clearly very good at what they do.

And I know you guys have no reason to blindly trust me, but I'm just trying to start discussion. I'm not a very experienced player so if you know better strategies than me please say so. I've tried to be more active this game than last because I think it's more helpful to town that way. Please follow my example so we can work together and pull out a win against the mafia!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:31 pm 
Okay, so wait I was confused about a rule. We can't have petitions going for mayor until Dukohvni actually dies/is impeached (I thought we could have petitions but couldn't try to submit them. Maybe that was a dumb thing to think, sorry)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:26 pm 
Hey, sorry I've been so quiet/inactive--I've been spending most of my time doing Battlecode, and applying for a grad fellowship.

The only good alibi I had, I posted--the rest of the kills, I'm un-alibi'd for. Unfortunately, the rest of my Battlecode team includes God among its distinguished members, and he's not allowed to vouch for my good character.