Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Day 5
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:58 am 
Also, I think that the frequency of posts in town square vs. the frequency of posts in mafia den is a good proxy for which side is currently winning. By that metric, I think we're doing pretty well. :)

If we let the town lose steam and fizzle out, they'll be much easier to kill and lynch off.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:02 pm 
Oreo is being pantsful. We should kill her. Does anyone know who she is?

Francesca, are you still on for the dininno kill tonight?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:03 pm 
Also the "besides us 3" slip... might mean that oreo is an innocent child and there are currently 3 of them? Idk...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:04 pm 
Actually I think that's reasonably likely. She listed innocent child first on her list, which shows that she's been thinking about the role and is more likely to be one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 pm 
That could make sense. I am on for the dininno kill, but I'm using a kaboom. If you don't think I should, then someone else should do it because I'm kind of getting paranoid after the "only investigate dgrazian's kill" comment :s

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 pm 
I don't think they'd investigate you for his kill. There are too many sketchy alibis. We'd be having some serious bad luck if they managed to get two legit positive investigations this game...

It would be reasonable to go either way with the kaboom on dininno, but I'm just a little worried about running out of kabooms for endgame. It's ok though, if you want to use a kaboom just do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:14 pm 
According to isaacg I'm don :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:14 pm 
And besides, I'm guessing town only has 1-2 legitimate investigations today anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:16 pm 
Anpere, did he say this explicitly? You have a solid alibi for asjm's murder, so he should realize that can't be the case.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:25 pm 
He says it's likely that there is an ec mafia who is don.
the claim is weak though. If this is a problem I say we keep him alive for a while and kill after the connection between him and the idea dies down

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:26 pm 
Two questions. First, isn't ameliek also an EC player? I think leaving her out of your list, lily, might seem sketchy to some people. Second, should I come to the meeting? I'm extremely good acting as a paranoid townie, but if I'm going to make ambush kills, I rather not be recognized. And people can't find me in facebook because my name is a diff one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:29 pm 
Also, I'm starting to come around to the idea of laying down a frame-a-townsperson on dgrazian. I doubt there will be a much better opportunity to use it, and we might just get lucky and get someone lynched.

dbausher, you suggested framing lopezv. Do you know if he would have a reasonable alibi for the kill?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:31 pm 
Ameliek is listed as Senior House on the spreadsheet. I was just listing everyone who put down EC as their location.

And yeah, that's a good point, you have a big advantage in not being recognized by most players. It's up to you, I don't think either would be a terrible decision.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:35 pm 
Don't go, there are too many players got anybody to notice the absence of any particular player
I also expect turnout to be low

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 pm 
Cool beans.

Last thing. Is anybody against the idea of killing dininno outside of 35-225? Do you think other players would be there?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:41 pm 
Anpere, are you going? If you are planning on going, you could suggest that people go to Talbot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:44 pm 
I'm not sure what he has in that room. It might be safer if you do it on Mass Ave or in front of the Student Center, where there will be more people and he'll be less likely to spot you and be on his guard. The flip side is it might be harder to find him.

Either way, this kill is not urgent/mission-critical, so don't do it if you think you might get caught.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm 
Maybe we can frame Austin Fathman. His alibi is that he was at work in Kendall, which would put him pretty close to the kill. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:47 pm 
It's also the first alibi he's posted all game, which makes him look sketchy.

The trick is that someone else has to notice this and decide to make the investigation... If I suggest it, it'll make me look sketchy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:48 pm 
Plus we know that he's not an innocent child, so if he gets investigated for it, he won't have the option of mass-revealing to town and getting out of being lynched.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:51 pm 
Gotchu. And I like the idea, but for katie to trust him so much there has to be a catch, and I don't want us to trip over that. But if you're not worried, you could be the investigator who reports it. To Lucy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:53 pm 
Well I am worried about that. I think I'd get more suspicion than he would, if I were the investigator to report his guilt. I'll see if we can plant the idea in someone else's mind though.

I think the reason why Katie trusts him so much is either that he's gay knights with dukhovni, or because he gave her the microphone that he started with. In either case, it's easy to imagine that he got conscripted sometime that day before Katie got vampire-checked.

If there are no objections, I'm going to go ahead and ask god to frame him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:00 pm 
I agree with the frame.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:02 pm 
No objections from me neither.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:29 pm 
Panic?? Panic!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:29 pm 
Should you commit suicide?? Noooo D:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:39 pm 
At this point only a mafia would commit suicide.
If you can kill your targets sooner rather than later and commit suicide we would force town to change their lynch vote and then there might be a chance if we squeak a tie that sam gets lynched or maybe we can pull enough votes to lynch oreo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:43 pm 
Should one of us fake being a vampire? Or a proxy for a vampire? Maybe I can ask miles to be my proxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:45 pm 
And then what, commit suicide and tell gods to call it a death not a kill? We would lose two mafia members instead of one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 pm 
I can try to kill abergal. David Kaufman said he'd love to help coordinate a kill. She was helping him move on Sunday which means he might be able to get her to come to ec or at least help me find her unnoticed. I find her and then kaboom her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next