Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:32 pm 
I investigated Ama and she turned up guilty for killing Jakob. I'm going to PM her and have God add her to the Mafia Den.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:35 pm 
You can add her to the mafia den, but if she isn't actually a rogue, she will be allowed to reveal everything about the mafia to the town.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:37 pm 
Yeah, actually sorry, we should think about this for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:37 pm 
Wait lily, should one of us pm her instead? I think your identity is more important than ours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:38 pm 
I got too excited and dismissed offhand the possibility that she's a vigilante, but I suppose we should consider it.

Jakob wasn't considered sketchy at all, so if she's a vigilante that's just bad play. What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:41 pm 
She could have heard something he said. But if she's a vigilante and doesn't die at 11 pm tonight, then we have 2 possibilities.
1) Jakob was a rogue and she is a vigilante.
2) Jakob was a townie and she is a rogue.
And considering the disappearance of clues in Morss, I wouldn't immediately rule out the first one.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:42 pm 
Vigilantes don't die if they make a mistake. They just lose the ability to kill again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:43 pm 
Re: clues in Walker, If there are 5 of us, plus 2 rogues alive, there should have been 8 clues spawned. Assuming ameliek destroyed one of them (God/ameliek can you confirm?), then I would have seen 7 (which I did) and then destroyed one more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:44 pm 
Ugh, that's right. I keep thinking they do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:46 pm 
Lily, I apologize; there was always one more clue that I said everywhere.

ameliek did not destroy a clue in Walker.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:48 pm 
Ok, so I should have seen 7 clues on Floor Pi and 8 clues in Walker?

Can ameliek retroactively destroy a clue at walker?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:49 pm 
ameliek says she did destroy a clue and forgot to tell me; the original number of clues I told you for Walker was correct.

Actually, from now on, I'm going to assume you destroy a clue after making a kill unless you tell me otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:50 pm 
Sounds good. So just to confirm, how many clues are there on Floor Pi and in Walker after I destroyed one clue in each?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:58 pm 
6 clues left in each.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:00 pm 
I thought of a (perhaps silly) way to check if Ama is rogue: We can set a trap on her as either rogue or vigilante. This has the disadvantage of possibly losing us a set a trap, but it's one way to be absolutely certain of it without one of us sticking their neck out to contact her.

If we set a trap on her as rogue and she is actually rogue, then we get the charge back when she dies (if she ever gets lynched, e.g.). It just ties it up so that we can't use one of our charges again until she's dead.

If we set a trap on her as rogue and she is actually vigilante, then we lose the charge and we're very sad. But at least we know her role and can kill her eventually, perhaps using the other set a trap charge.

If we set a trap on her as vigilante and she actually is rogue, then we lose the charge and we're very sad, but we gain a rogue.

If we set a trap on her as vigilante and she is actually vigilante, then we get a free kill on her.

If we take a maximin approach to this payoff matrix, I think we'd rather set a trap on her as vigilante. But I think she's more likely to be a rogue than a vigilante, so maybe the expected value is better if we set a trap on her as rogue. I'm not sure how bad it is to have one of our set-a-traps tied up until our rogue dies...

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:03 pm 
Ok, given that 8 clues spawned on Floor Pi, and I destroyed one and none of you guys did, and now there are 6, either Ama was rogue and destroyed a clue when she made the kill, or she was vigilante and one of our rogues independently went there and destroyed a clue.

I think that, given that rogues have not been destroying clues on mafia kills as far as we know (damn, maybe we should have kept better tabs on clue counts), it is more likely that the first scenario is what happened (Ama is rogue).

However since making the wrong decision could lose us the game, we should probably be more certain before admitting her to the mafia den.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:07 pm 
*Sigh*, I think the most practical way to check if she's rogue would probably be for one of us to PM her, ask her to go somewhere and destroy a clue, and then check that a clue has been destroyed. I can't think of a reasonable way to check for rogues that doesn't require one of us to be in contact with her or risk losing a set-a-trap charge (which I think are far too valuable to waste).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:14 pm 
Who is the person best to reveal to her in pm? Me, because I'm not don, etc.?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:15 pm 
I think we should set a trap as a rogue. If she's a vigilante, we lose our charge but keep our identities. Which wouldn't happen if we pmd her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:20 pm 
Maybe. I'm pretty conflicted... I'm not sure that risking your life to find a rogue is worth it. If she's not rogue, then losing a mafia member (and having town gain a trusted innocent because she caught a mafia) would be pretty terrible. But at least you'd have the chance to kamikaze via scheme and our free kill on dininno if she turns out not to be on our side.

If one of us PMs her, you should ask what kill(s) she's made, what clue(s) she's destroyed, and then tell her to destroy a clue at a site of her choosing and then tell you when she's done it.

Let's think on it some more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:21 pm 
And if she's a rogue, we temporarily lose our charge but gain a rogue, which can get us more kills than a trap .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:25 pm 
Rogue can only make a kill every third day though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:27 pm 
Although I guess in that scenario, she's more expendable and can make the tough kills that we shouldn't risk ourselves for. And if she dies we get our set a trap back to soften the blow.

I think in terms of sheer numbers of kills, a set a trap is worth more than a rogue though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:27 pm 
Note: Each mafia can only find out clue counts at a murder scene once per hour.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:30 pm 
I still think that we shouldn't pm her. Either set a trap as rogue or not do anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:14 pm 
I think setting a trap on her as rogue is safest.
Also is there a cap on the number of vigilantes?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:33 pm 
No cap on vigilantes. We'd have to kill tsims or dininno first and then wait until after 11 in order to set a trap on her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:06 pm 
Darn, ama got lynched.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:07 pm 
Ama got lynched, and tsims died... what do we do now?

also lots of mafia voted for dukhovni...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:08 pm 
Yeah. I'm hoping no one got sketched out by that.