Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: If I die
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:26 am 
I might be subject to a vampire test at some point. If that happens, and we can't kill the vampire before day end, I think this is a reasonable thing do:

I will try to make a secret kill right before day end, and then we set a trap on me and one of you guys kills me. Ideally Amelie if the don parity works out, so it can't be investigated. If I fail a vampire test then I'm as good as tased and lynched anyway, but this way there'd be some amount of confusion. Hopefully by the time this becomes relevant, the players who might be able to see through the scheme will all be dead.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: If I die
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:29 am 
It's really crazy, but better than just revealing I guess. Also, three vampires are dead. How many are there?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:33 am 
Also, if I die, here's some general advice for end game.

I think at this point we are doing pretty well. If we just keep on using our powers judiciously, eliminate the active players, and keep on making multiple kills a day, we have a good chance at victory.

If I'm dead, the game will probably be over soon one way or another, so at that point pick some players who are mildly active but hard to kill, like Miles for instance, and poison them. Anpere can also claim to have been poisoned at that point in order to buy him a few extra days.

Keep on using kabooms for players whose roles you don't know. We have a decent number of them and might even get more. Continue to keep track of and think about where items might be.

At some point pretty soon, all mafia players should just use/destroy any items you have. It's getting late enough in the game that it's unlikely anyone will ask you for them, with the possible exception of anpere and dbausher. If asked, just claim you gave the item to dgrazian/someone else tried who's dead at that point, and you don't know where it s anymore.

Once the game is small enough, one of you should make a play for the mayorship and start killing tactically with an eye towards whittling down the people who actually vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:38 am 
*someone else trusted who's dead at that point

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:46 am 
Does this have anything to do with dgrazian wanting a vigilante?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:14 am 
Quite possibly. I could see him trying to kill me.

God, a rules question: may I set a trap in myself and kill myself?

If that's allowed, then either tonight or the next day, if a vampire check or vigilante shenanigans seems imminent, then I'll go scheme-kill abergal or isaacg and then kill myself and plant evidence to look like I'm an un conscripted investigator.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:19 pm 
Bump. Gods, am I allowed to kill myself?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:24 pm 
Unless rules have changed, yes. There has previously been a game where a mafia (bowler) killed himself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:29 pm 
Cool. The way this is going though, I'm not sure I'll even have to... :-P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:18 pm 
Yes, you can kill yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:10 pm 
Yeah please avoid dying, I'm afraid that if you die the game will be too boring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:17 pm 
We'll see. I really want a world in which killing myself in a murder-suicide is a good play, because that just seems like it'd be so exciting. But maybe I'll be able to avoid suspicion for another day or two.