Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:07 pm 
NOOOOO! Town is going to lynch Sam, and there's a decent chance he isn't going to vote or make his freaking mayoral investigation tonight...
:( :( :(

If someone else in Random could poke him that would be great... I swear, if there is a hell, it involves watching your boyfriend play Live Action Mafia sub-optimally and have a lynch mob against him, but not being able to do anything about it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:10 pm 
Also, I'm a bit surprised that Lucy either didn't reveal that she vigilante-banged dukhovni, or that the GCN is lynching him anyway...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:17 pm 
Also, lgunder is wandering around here, not posting anything to forums, and not poking dukhovni into making a mayoral investigation!

I may be slightly obsessed with game / worried about dukhovni...

Edit: Nevermind, lgunder is also distracted by the AMC which will probably end like 3 minutes before day end...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 pm 
hahaha the mayor will be impeached at last!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:48 pm 
impeachment by lynch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:51 pm 
My poor mayor...

Anyway, Frevan is at least being a pretty good force for town. Not only did he activate right when mafia poisoned him, but he got himself elected police officer just in time to use those extra investigations. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 am 
I think that lilychen faking her townie innocence was a great idea because town is scrambling for the mafia mastermind that is still alive,
when it was her. Also I'm not sure how confident town is that I was mafia.
I have high hopes for mafia, especially how they have been behaving after the loss of 2 of their kind in one day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:05 pm 
I'm thinking that at this point the scales have definitely tipped back in favor of the mafia. Town is investigating Isaac's death tonight, and with the last investigator (dininno) and the last superhero (dukhovni) dead, the only investigators are the 3 desperadoes dying tonight. Oreo will also die, and Sasha will die tomorrow.

The thing that would put town in a good place would be if they listened to Lucy's suspicions. Her sketch list was fmajluf7, ameliek, vlonge (dead), and frevan (soon to be dead). Or if a non-ameliek killed Lucy with a bang, activating her mic. Otherwise I think town will be in for some hard times.

After tonights deaths, the player list is:
asludds (inactive)
cyqwang (inactive)
Miles (semi-inactive)
Brenda (inactive)
cjfman (mostly inactive)
Haley (mostly inactive)
sashacf (dying tomorrow)
Adamberg
Jeanie
lzahray
ameliek (mafia)
dbausher (mafia)
fmajluf7 (mafia)
asra (mostly inactive rogue)
akshat (inactive)
AustinFathman
Lucy

This is basically 5 townies to 3 mafia, which is way worse for town than I had realized. Town NEEDS a good lynch tonight.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:53 pm 
Oh my gosh, look at Lucy go! She proposes the ameliek lynch, and fmajluf7 tries to push for other choices, and then Lucy shoots them down with good (e.g. Shi-ke wanting a lynch, me trusting, etc.) reasons!

Lucy endgame mvp!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:55 pm 
Fuck yes Lucy! Avenge me and lynch the motherfucking don!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:08 pm 
Okay, so mafia now has one no-kill day, and their don is dead. This is good. What would be really great would be if some inactives could come out of the woodworks. Other than, you know, the rogue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 pm 
Haha I activated the rogue before I died! Mafia FTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:14 pm 
Also dang the GCN guessed well

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:16 pm 
Ameliek, what was with the last minute cynic claim? I was kind of confused by that...

Also, good job killing me! My thoughts as I died were to try and memorize a description of you, so I could try and think through which player you might have been. I believe I was thinking ksmori at the time, who I later learned was Japanese. O.O

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:23 pm 
Also, I think it was more Lucy than the GCN who was responsible for your death. She made a list of sketchballs with dukhovni a couple days ago, which included you, fmajluf, vlonge, and frevan. And she thought through exactly why other proposals weren't as good as the proposal to lynch you. Basically she is just a pretty impressive player. :)

Anyway though, I think you did very well as a first time mafia, and other than a bit of inactivity recently, you didn't make any bad plays, which is more than many of us can say. I think your lynch was more of a combination of Lucy having a good sketchdar and most other lynch options not being as good for various reasons (Adamberg is an innocent child, Shi-ke proposed lynching Akshat and cyqwang at various points, etc), making you the target both of Lucy's suspicions and the ABC lynch.

I need to give Lucy a hug when I see her. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:27 pm 
What would be awesome is if one of the living players poked cjfman or akshat into giving up / using a shovel for ameliek. Then fmajluf7 would look super sketchy for pushing away from that lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:29 pm 
I thought cynic was a role like conspiracy theorist... It's not in this game. Noob move.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:44 am 
So, Lucy isn't going to be killed soon, which is unfortunate since she has the game's good mic. :( However, she can hopefully drive the lynch votes more like this. I think it's unlikely that the remaining players, many of whom are at ET (adamberg, sashacf, lzahray) would be easily persuaded to lynch Lucy. I would be surprised if the ET block doesn't decide tomorrow's lynch.

One thing that would be very exciting would be if Austin Fathman managed to kill his would-be-murderer before they manage to kill him! I did specifically tell him while I was alive to be on the lookout for players coming to kill him, and to kill them first and deal with the repercussions later.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:50 am 
Gods, are there any active desperados?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:56 am 
Nope. Cjfman, Brenda, and Haley are desperadoes, but none have activated.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:16 am 
Ahhh I just read so much.
I was very suspicious of Frevan too, an he made merely angry when he said that all 4 of us Simmons people would run for police officer without any if our permission, but my violent reaction to this made him believe I was town and he revealed to me. It was a cute little clever plan, to get elected policeofficer and go desperado same day. He would get 2 investigations per day, plus as police officer he would be a prime kill target, but he would be invincible so he was hoping to catch a mafia. Unfortunately, the poison made the 2nd part less useful /: But fortunately, the poison was wasted on someone who was gonna die anyway.

Also I am very surprised by fmajluf and impressed with her, we met in person once and I got more town-sided vibes from her than I have from anyone besides Jeanie (who hates lying and loves being town-sided)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:18 am 
So many spelling/grammar mistakes. Ignore them pls

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:20 am 
Yep, fmajluf7 has been a very impressive mafia this game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:32 am 
Wait wait wait guys. Look at the post activity thread! It contains Lucy, AustinFathman, fmujluf7, a bunch of innocent children and a dying gay knight.

If mafia kills Austin Fathman tomorrow and town decides to lynch someone "active," then it's going to be Lucy vs fmajluf7. And given her living group location and the fact that lzahray trusted her, I think Lucy would win. :) That's assuming they lynch someone "active" though, which they very well might not. There's a lot of ways things could turn out tomorrow. A lynch error or two could spell the death of town, assuming inactives stay as inactive as they are now.

I think this has been the closest Live Action Mafia game (not counting Spring 2 and Summer 1, which were swingy, but not consistently close) that I've seen in a while...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:18 am 
The gay children network is pretty small, but the have a lot of power considering so many people are inactive. From my understanding they somewhat trust AustinFathman so if he does stay alive they wouldn't lynch him, and considering he's becoming more active, maybe he will use his vigilante shot well. (Fingers crossed) it sounded to me like he knew about many of the members of the GCN so he wouldn't shoot those. I'm not sure who he would shoot if he does decide to though. I don't know that he would think to kill fmajluf. Hopefully not Lucy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:29 pm 
I think there's at least a 1 in 3 chance Austin Fathman will kill Francesca if she tries to kill him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:26 pm 
Just looked at many posts in mafia den. Thoughts and things:

Subject: Day 5

lilychen wrote:
Oreo is being pantsful. We should kill her.

I don't really know what this means, but I thought it was funny :P

Also, the mafia talk about how it's good that people wouldn't recognize fmajluf, and told her not to go to the town meeting. This is in my opinion very bad. I think that photos should be a necessary part of intros. But even if you disagree, it is not fair that someone can go out of their way to try to find what you look like and simply can't. If you were mafia and couldn't find a picture of a townsperson, you would be mad (this is a similar situation as the intro thing)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 pm 
Lols I'm at the town hall meeting as a ghost, and only Lucy and Francesca are here. Town needs to get their shit together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:52 pm 
Francesca is doing wonderfully at acting innocent in front of Lucy, IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:19 pm 
oreo wrote:

lilychen wrote:
Oreo is being pantsful. We should kill her.

I don't really know what this means, but I thought it was funny :P

It means your were playing really well and keeping the town alive :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next