Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:20 pm 
Darn, Francesca should have manipulated the press on Jeanie's kill. She's way too important to the mafia!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:26 pm 
Oh nevermind, mayoral investigations don't need clues anyway... I think this might be too strong for town.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:06 pm 
Town is magic. I can't even. T_T

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:35 pm 
r. i. p.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:06 am 
I am so proud of Lucy. She, despite having used up her vigilante charge on a townie, is being the vigilante hero town needs. Two correct lynches in a row, plus getting petitions done, and basically singlehandedly keeping town afloat... if town wins this game, it will seriously be Lucy who won it for us.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:59 am 
lilychen wrote:
Town is magic. I can't even. T_T

S A D B O Y S

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:03 am 
Now Lucy wants to lynch miles, and lzahray wants to lynch Lucy if miles isn't mafia :/ Hopefully AustinFathman vigilante kills fmajluf7, or she screws up and gets caught.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:48 pm 
Although I'm still definitely town aligned, I'm starting to kind of root for fmajluf7 despite myself. She's been a great mafia, despite it being her first time, and her allies have been sniped out of nowhere, so now she's all alone against the town. Which is, you know, basically just 4-5 (Lucy, lzahray, Austin Fathman, Adamberg, and kind of Miles) people at this point, but still.

I do think she needs to kill Lucy to win though. Even with lzahray wanting to lynch Lucy, Lucy still has 3 votes, and so she would need at least 1 more person (possibly two to avoid tiebreaks) in order to get that lynch through. Also, I think Lucy will eventually turn her sights on fmajluf7 as a target if left unchecked.

The things is, from Lucy's perspective, she knows that there is one mafia now, but that Sam counted 5 mafia after Shi-ke's lynch. Even if she doesn't trust that Sam was innocent, she should be relatively sure that Shi-ke was guilty, given that dininno was killed by mafia. So, from her perspective (which probably doesn't include suicidal mafia), 4/6 of the lynches since Shi-ke were mafia. (This is close enough to true, since Ama was a known rogue). So, she can look back and see which living players WERE NOT HAPPY about a lot of the various lynches (as it turns out, the answer if fmajluf7). So I think Lucy could potentially target famjluf7 tonight.

Even if she doesn't though, tomorrow Lucy will have another mayoral investigation. Additionally, if fmajluf7 kills Lucy or Austin Fathman at any point, lzahray will get clues for a police officer investigation. So I think the best she may be able to hope for is to kill lzahray today, let Lucy lynch Miles, kill Lucy tomorrow (with a kaboom), and then persuade Asra to make a kill and/or Austin Fathman / Adamberg to lynch a less active player.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:51 pm 
I also think that fmajluf7 should take a risk and just guess on the remaining slaughter the weak charge (Adamberg and lzahray are both innocent children, as it turns out). It's close enough to endgame that using up powers is probably fine, and even if an innocent child does get revealed in the future, it's still possible to set-a-trap them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:09 pm 
Hehe, I'm definitely cheering for fmajluf7. She's been really impressive. And if she manages to pull this off, it might be the best mafia comeback performance ever.

I don't think Lucy will allow this to happen though. She's been incredibly good the last few days! And I really liked her trick of switching the lynch vote away from Miles when she realized that there wasn't any resistance to lynching Miles :D

Right now though, she should be focusing on getting the inactive players into the game. She should realize that the town will win if she stays alive and that she just needs to worry about the case in which she dies.

But yeah, I have to be rooting for Franchesca!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:20 pm 
Semi-joking:
I guess the things to keep in mind though are two of the immutable laws of Live Action Mafia:
1 (sample size 8 games). Lucy can never be killed by the opposing side. So she either gets lynched, gets vigilante killed by Austin, or lives until game end.
2 (sample size 8 games). Austin Fathman can never be in-person killed. So he either gets lynched or lives until game end.

These laws make it difficult for fmajluf7 to win.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:04 pm 
I would be really impressed if fmajluf wins! But I'm definitely hardcore rooting for town. For the amount of effort I put into this game, town better win :P And honestly if fmajluf doesn't win, she still did very well and should be proud of her performance!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:56 pm 
So Lucy gave her mic to lzahray, which I think is a good choice. If fmajluf7 doesn't use a kaboom on her attempted kill of Lisa today, then it's all over for mafia.

Also, I'm amused at how role distribution has ended up:
3 conspiracy theorists, 3 desperadoes, 2 innocent children (though 3 as of yesterday), 3 vigilantes, 2 mafia aligned (though 3 as of yesterday).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:02 pm 
Lisa just left maslab to go to trashcan drumming...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 pm 
Wow, fmajluf7 used kaboom on Lisa's kill! That was a very narrow escape...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:31 pm 
Woot! I am so proud of her!! :D

Does this mean Lucy is going to lynch Austin fathman now?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:42 pm 
Wow. Wow. Wow...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:44 pm 
Lucy was planning to lynch Miles tonight, I believe. She said that her switch was based on the assumption that there were 4 mafia or something, not just one.

But she may switch again. Definitely the first thing she is going to do is ask Adamberg if she got a receiver message. But upon not getting a result from that, I'm not sure what she's going to do. I get the impression that Francesca did a good job of acting yesterday to Lucy, but I think Lucy wouldn't want to lynch Austin Fathman either.

One way or another I think she wants to use her mayoral investigation as soon as day rolls over, if Miles gets lynched tonight.

Also, Lily, did you, Shi-ke, or dbausher ever add fmajluf7 to your guest list while you were alive? Because if so, fmajluf7 could kill Lucy at Pecker floor dinner at day start. Then assuming Austin Fathman doesn't vigilante kill her that day, I think mafia will nearly have a win. Austin Fathman and Adamberg would be the only reasonably active townies left, versus a mafia and a rogue, which is a mafia win modulo vigilante kill.

It would also be pretty epic if Austin kills fmajluf7 though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:49 pm 
I never added her to my guest list. Is she asking to get access to Random? I can put her on my guest list if she wants it. I'm not sure how she'd have heard about Pecker floor dinner happening tonight though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:00 pm 
She isn't asking to get into Random. If she wants to, she can ask any non-player to put them on their guest list.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:33 pm 
No, she didn't ask. But Lucy put that she's coming to floor dinner in her intro.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:40 am 
Okay, so Lucy is pretty sure she is going to die tomorrow morning. The question is, why isn't she using her mayoral investigation yet?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:36 am 
Omg this really could go either way. You can say there are 3 active townies and 1 mafia right now, and 2 of the townies could die today. This leaves the 3rd one responsible for figuring fmajluf is guilty. And also contacting inactives and making them vote.

God, what happens if there is a tie on voting tonight and neither of the players have any votes from previous nights? Do you extend the day an give people time to edit their vote/vote if they havent? (Idk, that's what my friends do in non-live-action mafia)

The only living player to have any votes on previous days is cyqwang. She has 1 vite from day 2. If fmajluf sees this, and sees that the vote is going to be tied between her and someone else, she'd be better off voting for cyqwang and then killing off the remaining townie(s) tomorrow.

So basically my hope is asra doesn't make a kill today, or kills Brenda, leaving 2 active townies to figure out fmajluf's guilt, and they can probably poke at least one inactive into voting with them. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:37 am 
Best case scenario for mafia is Francesca kills Lucy with a kaboom, Asra kills Lotta (adamberg) with a bang, and then Francesca and Asra vote to lynch Austin Fathman (assuming no one else comes out of the woodwork to vote). I think if that happens, then mafia have a pretty good chance at victory.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:27 pm 
That scenario is my biggest worry D:

I'm also worried even if adamberg and Austin are still both alive I'm not sure if they'll point to fmajluf, or if she can help direct them toward lynching an inactive (and then just killing them tomorrow, especially if she thinks to try slaughter the weak on adamberg)

If she tries to convince Austin and Lotta to lynch one of the other, they may lynch her instead since they both trust each other (I think they do?)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:10 pm 
asra should give her medkit to Francesca, and she should activate it today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm 
Agreed. Asra seems not to be paying a whole lot of attention though. I'm also not sure that Francesca is considering the possibility that she might be killed by a vigilante.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:02 pm 
Also, funny thing I just learned but has apparently been the case for a while: Austin Fathman was part of the innocent child network. For the a bit, the other innocent children just assumed he was an innocent child, but he eventually mentioned he was a vigilante and they all just wtfed about how he knew about them.

This is actually something that I don't know either. The most I ever did was tell him that I actually had high trust for lzahray, not mild trust.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:09 pm 
Oh lol, that's pretty strange. I was following Lucy and Francesca around after the town hall meeting the other day (which ended up just being the two of them), and Lucy mentioned that Austin Fathman knew more about the innocent children network than she did. Maybe Francesca can parlay that into nudging adamberg to lynch Austin Fathman, since so many of the recent deaths have been in the GCN.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:13 pm 
They've also been single kills though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next