Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:42 pm 
Here's a bunch of moderately scrambled thoughts:

1. This has been my worst game of live action mafia in years :( A large amount of that has been due to being incredibly busy in real life. I also misjudged ksedlar to a degree that I don't normally misjudge people.
2. I did think I noticed a change in lilychen's behavior yesterday. She seemed more coy about the game, and she also seemed more lynch-happy. I didn't find her terribly suspicious though (it's more of something that I've realized in retrospect.)
3. I want to punch a wall over this one: Today was the ONLY day this game in which I did not tell anybody that lilychen knows where I am when I walked to work. Every previous day, I had texted Lucy. Despite this, the town REALLLLYYYY should realize that lilychen is the absolute prime suspect if I am killed on my to work at a time that contradicted the time that I gave in my intro!
4. Minor quibbles aside, I really like the way aok set up the rules for this game!
5. I was pushing tsims yesterday not to have abergal vampire-checked, because I was confident of her innocence.
6. I believe the mafia will win this game. The town has been far too inactive, too unwilling to dig deeply into the game; most people have been content to let others take care of things for them. This includes me, unfortunately (again, I've been really busy.) The town could win IF a sammyluo(s) steps up to the plate and calls bullshit whenever bullshit occurs. If lilychen is lynched soon (and she should be after my death) that will also go a long way toward a town victory. But I'm pessimistic about the town's chances right now (I'd give a 70% chance of a mafia victory right now. It might be higher; I haven't worked out how close we are to endgame scenarios.)
7. Kudos to the mafia for excellent play so far!!
8. Help me Asya Bergal! You're my only hope!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:36 pm 
Also, I'm really looking forward to the next game! I want to redeem myself!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:50 pm 
I'm hoping that some of the townies left will start stepping up. There are many of them who are experienced and clever, but aren't putting in the time and analysis IMO. I'm interested in seeing if Isaacg, Dukhovni, Lucy, Lzahray, and of course Abergal will end up figuring things out / being interestingly clever.

Also, wasn't lopezv your gay knight partner? Why weren't you sending him things instead of Lucy?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:12 pm 
The best answer is that I was a derp, like I was for most of the game.

A more self-justifying answer would be that:
1. Lucy was almost as good. I wasn't giving her any sensitive information. And I had pretty high confidence in her innocence anyway.
2. I sometimes told multiple people.
3. Victor was generally less responsive.

Again, though, I was a derp this game :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:23 pm 
I agree that I really like aok's rule set. The clue system is interesting and has plenty of subtleties.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:27 pm 
Yeah, I have really enjoyed the clue system.