Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rules Clarifications
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:47 pm 
You all can ask any questions you want, and I'll give any answers I want.

About Elected Positions: As a reminder, here are what the elected positions are.

Class Clown: Do I see any funny business? This officer has the ability to give an item of unknown (but probably good) status to a player once a day. Unless mafia, in which case they can kill a person who laughs at their jokes. So make sure this person is someone you can trust!

Meanest Person in Mafia: You're a mean mean investigation machine. But maybe not a good one. If the person you investigate is not the killer, the response will be random, but otherwise, the response will be truthful. You also get a single kill to use at any point during the game.

Question: Does the meanest person in mafia get infinitely many investigations? or once a day?
Answer: Once per game. If a new meanest person is elected after the first one uses that shot, then the second person does not get the kill.

Question: Do petitions work normally?
Answer: Yes. You have to get a strict majority of living players to sign someone into or out of office. They function just like they did in the Fall 2014 game. Not aok's game.

Question: What does "can kill a person who laughs at their jokes" mean? Is it like Set a Trap?
Answer: Yeah, that's basically how it works. The victim gets a kind of "laugh trap" set on them.

Feel free to ask any more questions in this thread! No guarantees at a straight answer though.

Post subject: Re: Rules Clarifications
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm 
pravinas wrote:

Question: Does the meanest person in mafia get infinitely many investigations? or once a day?
Answer: Once per game. If a new meanest person is elected after the first one uses that shot, then the second person does not get the kill.

Wait what?

pravinas wrote:
Question: Do petitions work normally?
Answer: Yes. You have to get a strict majority of living players to sign someone into or out of office. They function just like they did in the Fall 2014 game. Not aok's game.

So to be clear, this means we can have completed but unsubmitted petitions for literally everyone in game existing at once?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:54 pm 
Yeah, I think you should use the petition rules from my IAP game (Petitions that are currently invalid are immediately auto-destroyed). Otherwise I'll ask someone to buy lots of carbon paper, and fill out petitions for everyone in game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:58 pm 
I guess so, but would you really want the chance that the mafia to have the ability to become an elected position come down to a quick draw?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:01 pm 
If we have impeachment petitions for everyone also, then yes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:11 pm 
Except that people can't be impeached the day they're elected (by at least one ruleset, not sure if we're playing with that here)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm 
It would be nice to have things clarified before I run around with a bunch of unnecessary petitions / with not enough petitions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:14 pm 
Attempting to answer questions here:

A player cannot be impeached the same day they are elected.

Are there other questions that still need clarification?