Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: On the Isaacg question
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:15 pm 
presumably one of the following three things happened

isaacg had a role which wanted to be dead (unlike, these roles seem very very stupid)
isaacg was bad aligned and then killed self (most likely)
isaacg was bad aligned and killed by other baddies (fine, but not a big dealeither way)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:17 pm 
I think he was a mafia who slipped up, and then killed himself to mitigate the damage done.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:27 pm 
That sounds a bit strange to me--I feel like the general consensus among mafia who are royally screwed is to go down and take a ton of people down with them. They wait for the lynch to kill them, instead of helping the town by essentially lynching themselves.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:29 pm 
I think a differently aligned person killed isaacg. Was he definitely a mafia/baddie? If so, then it could have been another flavor of baddie, or just a townie that killed him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm 
I don't think I buy that. If it was a differently aligned baddie then it doesn't make sense to kill Isaac because he's likely getting lynched tonight. If it was a townie then presumably they'd have contacted a proxy by now to inform town that this is the case.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 pm 
Perhaps some type of town role that gets a bonus from killing mafia?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:51 pm 
If a town-sided person killed him, they wouldn't necessarily have said so by now. A town role that can kill mafia is very powerful and they would probably want to keep their identity as secret as possible, and not risk it (even telling just one proxy)

Especially since this kill was a little weird. As in, isaacg was almost definitely mafia so investigations etc. are probably not going to be used on it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:02 pm 
I think investigations should be used on Isaac's death only if there are no other deaths today. Regardless of how Isaac died, I don't think investigating who killed him will bring us closer to catching a mafia. It seems like terrible play for another mafia aligned player to kill him in every scenario I can think of, other than really absurd powers.

Most likely either:
a. A town-aligned player killed Isaac to prevent him from kamikazeing.
b. Isaac killed himself. I don't see why he would do this instead of kamikazeing, but it's possible there's some sort of weird incentive for mafia to do it in this game.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:27 pm 
There's most likely not any incentive for a mafia to kill themselves when revealed, as far as I know there's never been a role with some special benefit from killing mafia and even if the gods put one in why would mafia know... However there's been town killing roles in previous games so unless some more weirdness happens that's the assumption I'm going with.
This also means i think more kills will probably happen today because I doubt Isaac shot himself ....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:22 am 
dude, maybe someone has a death note

With all the potential for roles messing things up, it seems we can't be sure about anything in this game

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 am 
A death note would be so broken... I wouldn't put it past the gods. :-P

I don't doubt that there's a town role that gets a benefit from correctly killing a mafia. That actually seems very likely to me. Some of us have discussed this informally in the past, but there's only so many ways you can reasonably change things up given our current framework of roles/items and the types of things that they do. E.g., past roles and items are some linear combination of investigation-like abilities (investigator, superhero, genie, microphone, gay knight), invincibility-granting (medkit, conspiracy theorist, cynic, superhero, taser), innocence-establishing (gay knight, innocent child), role-information (seer, genie, vampire, police officer), mafia-guessing (conspiracy theorist, vigilante, taser), vote-manipulating (fake ID, mayor), etc.