Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 1 kill plan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:36 pm 
I just want to post and troll :c

On a more serious note, are we advocating no lynch? I'm advocating no lynch. Also, what do people think about the investigator claim of results not being guaranteed? Personally, I see this as a paranoid cop / naive cop dynamic

Post subject: Re: Day 1 kill plan
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:00 pm 
I think we can get dgrazian on his way to work tomorrow... I am pretty free so I can do it.
wish me luck >:)
also no lynch is probably a good idea

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:01 pm 
Only if you wear a wig ;)

I'm also down for no lynching

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:04 pm 
paranoid/naive cop/investigator? that'd be awful, it's bad enough when the mafia can frame people but a investigator that always gets the same result is at best useless (or mafia bait, which would not be terrible)

but isnt the first kill usually manipulated? i thought that's what they meant, or that there are more than one proxy so they couldn't trust that it wasn't a mafia "investigator." i guess there could be another role, but i'd believe an insane cop/investigator that gets the reverse result over a paranoid one. or maybe the investigation was right, who knows

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:34 am 
It's also possible that the mafia in this game have a power which can make everyone look guilty or at least return deterministically random results for investigations.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:36 am 
I thought so too, except that lilychen's investigator turned up lzahray as innocent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:47 am 
But what I'm suggesting is that for innocents the result has already been determined. For example, I might turn up negative for killing someone no matter who investigates me and aok might turn up positive for the same kill no matter who investigates him, even though in this scenario we're both innocent.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:54 am 
Yeah so I remember reading the way investigations worked for "Meanest Person in mafia" and in my brain I somehow assumed that's how all investigations worked (I know, that's dumb)

To be honest, I think there are too many possibilities to speculate about know. Based on what proxies have said, I feel like some of the investigators know how their investigations work; as in they know if their result might be random. In my experience playing games with different types of cops, you usually have no idea which one you are for the first few days but it makes sense after. Idk if that will be true in a game like this but I hope so

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:13 pm 
I'm just speculating here, but if I were god trying to implement a random result mechanic, I would randomize things ahead of time and give a deterministic/self consistent result for each query. This is how seer worked in the second game this past summer, for instance. If it was actually randomized each time, it would be too easy to see through it by making repeated queries.