Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Mildly sketchy things
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:24 pm 
Dump your mildly sketchy suspicions here.

I saw Lucy at a strange location earlier today, which contradicts where she said she would be in her intro.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:55 pm 
Lily I updated my intro to say I would either go to Random or take the midday van back to ET. Both would have me in that location (if I wanted to stay inside for the longest time).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:20 am 
I would like to add jfrisch and lzahray to this list. The reasons will not be stated publicly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:21 am 
what? that's not how this works.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:24 am 
Yeah, you should state a reason. Feel free to be vague if you think it's warranted, but people should have some idea of why you distrust them in case you die.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:54 am 
It's hard to talk about reasons I don't know but possibly the reason is I wanted to have a private chat with lzahray at one point about game and ltchin died soon after this?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:38 am 
This probably got lost among the conversation but:
lugnder knew ltchin's role the day "multi-kill" day happened

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:51 pm 
I admit that I knew ltchin's role and she told me her role in the presence of jfrisch and lzahray, but only when she thought they weren't paying attention, and that is why I am suspicious of them. There's also a 5% (just an estimate, not anything probabilistic) chance they are aware of my role too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 pm 
I have bad feelings about Josh Frisch. He claimed/implied a role to me that doesn't match what he apparently claimed to lzahray.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:37 am 
I'll find the reference posts for it soon, but:

I was a bit sketched out by JFrisch, Arkadiyf, lilychen, and Jakob.

In the day 4 lynch target thread, adamberg was stating sketchy people, including herself and arkadiyf. Later on, Eric Yang says he doesn't believe she's mafia. Then JFrisch says: lynch lotta on principle? without explaining the principles,and completely ignoring the shady business she mentioned about arkadiyf. Then lilychen agrees and adds in Jakob.

To me it reads like they very smoothly tried to slide arkadiyf out from under the eye of suspicion by omitting his possible sketchiness, and diverting attention.

This is similar to the helpful info thread, where tsims listed some sketchy people who might have poisoned him: jakob, michikyo, ama, 4E people.

Jakob posted next, asking if he rememebered any sketchy interactions with ama, michikyo, or anyone else. He completely ignored the sketch painted all over him. I feel like a townie would defend themselves for the sake of clarity, but it seemed like he was also trying to smoothly transfer the eye of suspicion to michikyo and ama.

To be fair I also suspected ama for other reasons.

I know lilychen and ama (don't know how i feel about her alignment for sure) are dead, but now I do feel like maybe there are two factions of mafia--one with lilychen, JFrisch, and Arkadiyf, and then one with Jakob. Or maybe Jakob was solo. Maybe Adamberg was mafia, I don't know. Last game I had a habit of throwing a lot of 'maybes' out there and confusing things, so I've tried to avoid that this game.

However, this just really stuck out to me, and I didn't want to go without saying it at all. We should remember that there are 'third party' baddies, so a death doesn't indicate innocence. It indicates a death. The person could still have been mafia or baddie aligned.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:25 pm 
I agree that Josh's comment makes him look a little sketchy, but I feel like there's not much that should make me look sketchy now. Oreo's admitted to killing jessk, so I couldn't possibly have killed her and so there would be no point in trying to divert sketchiness from me. I understand if people want to lynch me today, but personally I feel that there are better choices.

Also, statistically, it's really unlikely that JFrisch, lilychen, and I were all mafia. That would mean 3/5 Randomites prior to lily's death were on the same faction of mafia. Adding to that the fact that Lily died in Random, it makes that scenario highly unlikely.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 pm 
Arkadiyf did not kill jessk. But that doesn't clear him. I have no idea whether to believe him vs. Adamberg; it seems like a valid mafia play to say someone tried to kill you, and then it just comes down to your word against theirs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:16 pm 
Well, but if Arkadiy didn't make the kill that made him suspicious in the first place, there isn't really a reason for him to lie to just get a townie lynched. Unless he was trying to protect Sashacf.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:28 pm 
Okay, I'm still a little bit confused about some stuff that happened. Was jessk's death actually the only thing that made arkadiyf suspicious? Then I guess I would believe him, and it's reasonable that Adamberg was mafia and tried to kill him because she thought he was a town killing role.

So I guess we should consider if arkadiyf would have had any other reason to lie. I don't think so? But I have no idea. This game is too confusing