Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The spirit of Ksedlar.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:20 pm 
Ksedlar was found dead in her room as a soulless husk. Her evil spirit could be seen floating, taunting the town. Eventually, it settled down...in somebody. But who?

Ksedlar was mafia and is dead. Another player has been possessed by her spirit (aka conscripted.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:22 pm 
wat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:23 pm 
srsly wat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:24 pm 
So I guess mafia have netted 0 loss of people? Also, does anyone know where all of the petitions are or should we assume they are destroyed?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:25 pm 
Assume destroyed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:32 pm 
I doubt katie would have willingly died as a mafia so early on, though, unless it gave her an advantage...

Options:
- The person conscripted is somehow in a very good place (trusted, and ksedlar knows they are trusted)
- Ksedlar wasn't willing and someone caused this effect to happen to her

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:43 pm 
From my understanding Katie hates being mafia and decided that she should instead focus on class work than be a role that she strongly dislikes. I had heard through the grapevine that Katie was going to request to go inactive, so this agrees.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:45 pm 
I don't think it was unwilling, because a townie with this power would never use it (since it has a net effect of killing a townie), and mafia wouldn't do something against their own will. Though I guess there might be a third party that for some reason had interest in this happening?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:47 pm 
katie said she was really busy this week i believe, plus she's told me before that she spends like twice the time when she's mafia. i can believe she just wanted to go inactive

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:55 pm 
Katie has previously stated that she dislikes being mafia a great deal. That being said, I don't know if that would be enough for her to be willing to leave game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:40 pm 
Katie really, really, really, did not want to play this game. This is a god-fix to try and solve this problem.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:59 pm 
If that is the case, I bet the conscript was random.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:08 pm 
Looking back at Katie's post history reveals a couple of things:

1. She was advocating for no-lynch. In retrospect, this is a big red flag, because she usually argues for random lynches since her simulator says that that's good for town.
2. She was running for class clown. Unsurprising, since the role comes with free kills for mafia.
3. Her strategy post seems pretty generic and was probably prepared before roles came out.
4. She was advocating for investigations not to be used on isaac's death. It might be worth investigating his death, in light of her being mafia.
5. She said she should be lynched if she's still alive on Day 5. Unclear what this means.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:21 pm 
1. I did agree with her reasoning though, that since we had no real reason or suspicions of anybody yet and it's no fun to be lynched randomly day 1.
3. Agree that it probably was created before roles came out
4. Interesting. Yeah, I think we should maybe try it unless there are more investigations we feel are important to make today
5. I think she was probably just trying to get us to trust her until then. 5 days of a mafia misdirecting us out of only a ~week long game is huge for mafia. Also she seemed genuine about being busy this weekend and not wanting to have to think about the game

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:33 pm 
I agree with her reasoning, but in retrospect it seems strange for her to be arguing as such given that historically she has argued for random lynches despite people putting forward the kind of reasoning she posted this game.

Now that Katie and Isaac are both dead, they're probably looking to get another mafia in Random. People should pay attention to me, Josh, aok, and other Randomites for any change in behavior or rhetoric which might indicate a conscription. Also not a bad idea to consider default-lynching me or other experienced Randomite players if we're still alive in a few days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:52 pm 
Hey all:

Katie was texting me, aliciacm, and Sammyluo for accountability and avoiding death things. She described her role to ua as being along lines of a vigilante, but she only had one kill per game. She said she used it on isaacg. Since he was a known mafia. This happened even though earlier she said it wouldnt be the best idea. Later after ahe supposedly did it she had gotten over her reservations, seemingly happy enough with the fact that a mafia was out of game.

I have to admit my sketchdar was going off a bit. She revealed quickly, and made quips that were too offhanded about mafia maybe wanting to kill her. Well, coming out of hiding if mafia wanted to kill her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:24 pm 
vlonge wrote:
Hey all:

Katie was texting me, aliciacm, and Sammyluo for accountability and avoiding death things. She described her role to ua as being along lines of a vigilante, but she only had one kill per game. She said she used it on isaacg. Since he was a known mafia. This happened even though earlier she said it wouldnt be the best idea. Later after ahe supposedly did it she had gotten over her reservations, seemingly happy enough with the fact that a mafia was out of game.

I have to admit my sketchdar was going off a bit. She revealed quickly, and made quips that were too offhanded about mafia maybe wanting to kill her. Well, coming out of hiding if mafia wanted to kill her.

Seems pretty consistent with Katie being mafia. Thanks for sharing. This is the kind of thing that people shouldn't hesitate to post about in the "mildly sketchy" thread.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm 
can confirm the above (my phone died a tragic death today, lost the text messages)

so still confused about the isaac situation. possible he did shoot himself after posting in the town forum so katie could capitalize on it, but seems unlikely if she really didn't intend to play long and didn't have the time for big plays. i don't know if it's helpful to investigate it more or if its just a distraction we should move on from
just a thought, is two mafia factions a possibility?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 pm 
aliciacm wrote:
is two mafia factions a possibility?

I highly doubt it. Both for game-sanity reasons, and because dgrazian has expressed a large amount of distaste for having more than 2 competing factions in a game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:48 pm 
I would totally believe that there are more than two factions in this game.