A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: lynch sammyluo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:07 pm 
eom

Post subject: Re: lynch sammyluo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:11 pm 
any possibility this could be a mystery role?
I doubt it, but you never know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:16 pm 
what does sammyluo say?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 pm 
Darn, sorry guys, busy with a meeting now, but here's a quick explanation:

I have a role that allows me to kill people I get positive investigations for. I was pretty sure my investigations were reliable (flavortext seemed to indicate this). ksedlar's comments about isaacg's death (at least two other people can relate these if I die today) seemed off to me so I thought something might be up. I investigated kemus -> isaacg and got a positive result. So I tried to kill him.

It didn't work, he said something weird and dropped down so I was confused and after hesitating a bit decided to leave. I'm still kind of confused about this.

Sorry kemus if you're innocent, I'll try to clarify more later if I have time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:55 pm 
Alright, I'll roleclaim as well:

I created my own role, which was named opossum and says that I cannot be killed with a bang if I am lying down.

Sammyluo showed up after my PE class in dupont and said "Are you Kevin?", at which point I dropped down on the ground as he tried to reach me (he missed and said "bang").

He reacted to this, and said that he would stay until I got up, and kept trying to trick me into standing (he turned the corner and waited, then tried to catch me, etc), but he failed to get me to stand, and gave up and left, at which point I ran to the bathrooms and posted on the forums.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:57 pm 
How in the world did you "create your own role"? O_O

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:58 pm 
That was what I was told to do in my role PM, with gods telling me that they reserved the right to say no to unbalanced roles.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:59 pm 
Oooooohkay. Wow. This game. I don't even.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:02 pm 
Sammy mentioned to me that he had some investigative powers [and went with me to the scene of the mads killing], and hasn't been giving me evil vibes. I can't vouch for his location for the past ~2 hours, nor for his role too much, but I suppose it's believable. Not sure what to think at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:03 pm 
Is that a "dgrazian and pravinas ran out of ideas" thing? :p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:09 pm 
+1 can confirm
kemus is innocent to reaffirm

sammyluo has outlived his term
let's lynch him and watch him squirm

burn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 pm 
jakob wrote:
Is that a "dgrazian and pravinas ran out of ideas" thing? :p

No comment >.>

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:14 pm 
"I created my own role, which was named opossum and says that I cannot be killed with a bang if I am lying down."
"I tried to kill him. It didn't work, he said something weird and dropped down so I was confused and after hesitating a bit decided to leave. I'm still kind of confused about this."

don't even care, this is hilarious

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:16 pm 
lol I agree
it's really funny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:22 pm 
I also have reason to believe kemus is innocent, hence, I believe, he couldn't have killed Isaac.

I don't even know that to expect in terms of roles from this game, and investigations are totally wonky.

I'm personally for lynching him as well, regardless. You can't go around trying to kill my Kevin because of potentially unreliable investigation results.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:24 pm 
Do we believe mafia knew ltchin's role and were in this way able to (attempt to) kill two people today? Or that they have some other way to kill multiple people in a day?

Or that sammyluo is saying the truth?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:30 pm 
seems like now is a good time to mention that lgunder knew ltchin's role.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:30 pm 
It seems plausible they would have multiple kills, but with roles like "make up your own role," it definitely can't be something like set a trap.
Maybe scheme? But scheme seems like it's usually saved for special circumstances, like group kills or near end game, so idk.
I would not be surprised if there's a power that has never existed before, though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:36 pm 
anpere wrote:
seems like now is a good time to mention that lgunder knew ltchin's role.

ltchin told me before she died.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:38 pm 
Perhaps it only requires guessing flavor of role (investigative, innocent-based, immune, item building, etc).

It could also be a rogue who made/attempted one of these kills.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:40 pm 
Another thing about sammyluo is that yesterday my roommate told me Sammy had asked him if I attend 18.702 lecture, which was a bit sketchy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:41 pm 
Sammy's story sounds believable to me. I'm inclined to believe that they're both innocent and that this was a hilarious misunderstanding. I'll about that I don't see a better lynch target at this point though. I'd either vote to lunch Sammy or no lunch.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:41 pm 
*lynch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:47 pm 
I kind of believe Sammyluo's story, but that being said he could easily be lying. And you have to know that being a town power role that can kill, you need to be ready in case the person doesn't die and assumes you're mafia. It's probably a good idea to tell people (at least one person) ahead of time (I was vigilante last game and first I discussed with an innocent child who I should kill, then I publicly announced my kill right before I tried it)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:58 pm 
Ellena wrote:
It seems plausible they would have multiple kills, but with roles like "make up your own role," it definitely can't be something like set a trap.
Maybe scheme? But scheme seems like it's usually saved for special circumstances, like group kills or near end game, so idk.
I would not be surprised if there's a power that has never existed before, though.

The only way I could see set-a-trap working in a game like this is if the mafia had a "find out a person's role" style power, but I'm not sure how that would work and be balanced.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:59 pm 
lilychen wrote:
Sammy's story sounds believable to me. I'm inclined to believe that they're both innocent and that this was a hilarious misunderstanding. I'll about that I don't see a better lynch target at this point though. I'd either vote to lunch Sammy or no lunch.

I am still advocating for lynch-us-both, especially given that we don't have any better lynch targets.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:00 pm 
^ Eh, I think that's a reasonable decision considering the current situation :/ unless more kills happen, of course. This situation reminds me a lot of the situation with me and ltchin in the fall game, but I guess my mess-up is more serious this time...

I have a video call at 10pm so I'll be quick here and dump some info before I (most likely) get lynched. I talked to ksedlar a bit while signing her petitions at random yesterday; she claimed some sort of role that caused isaacg to kill himself, saying that she thought killing him was preferable to getting killed (she was outside his room cooking apparently). In light of what happened today this seemed dubious, but I didn't think she would make up the story if she had made the kill herself, so I investigated kemus (the first other person she proposed making a petition for) and got the positive result. Since kemus didn't react to the "bang" in a way mafia would be expected to react (e.g. counterbanging, or trying to disarm me), I'm sort of doubting my investigation, but I still think it's quite likely that he's guilty.

I don't really have much other info except what someone told me about granting ltchin bang-immunity, which they can presumably relay to someone else after my death. The other people ksedlar made petitions for were aok, someone at ET (ermain? Lucy?), me, and one other person.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:04 pm 
I don't think ksedlar made petitions for ermain, since she's not playing :p. Lucy made some petitions for herself, though IDK if ksedlar ended up with them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:16 pm 
I still have my petitions. I didn't ask ksedlar to make any petitions for me but she knew I was running so she might have started some of her own for me. Mine are on their way to random tonight so people should sign them :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:30 pm 
with all this chaos I think it's more likely that we lynch a townie and not a mafia. To maximize
townies alive we should vote no lynch