Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 3 Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:54 pm 
We've had three deaths today and it's not even 1pm. Discuss!
Who should we investigate? Who seems sketchy? Is anyone following up on alibis?

Post subject: Re: Day 3 Discussion
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:05 pm 
Since the kills were very close time-wise, I think we should look for 2 people who are each other's alibis. Not that that necessarily tells us something, but just a thing to think about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:06 pm 
I'm confident that aok killed Ellena, and probably anpere too, given the timing. He should be lynched.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:00 pm 
I did not commit any of these kills. Either Lily is making this up in an attempt to frame me, or Ellena was mistaken somehow.

Your prior on "someone sent a text message with their murderer's identity before dying" should be very, very low. This basically never happens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:24 pm 
But Lily did say that Ellena sent her many paranoia texts. She could still be lying this time, but I don't think it's unreasonable to believe her.

Also, to me, aok's response to being blamed (either caught or framed) for this kill is kind of sketchy. He's not really providing any good reason we should believe he's not mafia.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:34 pm 
Additionally: At the start of this thread, checking alibis was mentioned. I think this should definitely happen. Last game, fmajluf won the game bc she had alibis that seemed reasonable but nobody checked.

So that being said, post detail in your alibi. Tell us names of people who can confirm and give specific details.

For example, last game: There was a kill at 8:45am. Frevan said he was eating breakfast with Ben (NP). I asked Ben what time he ate breakfast with Frevan and he said 9:20. This doesn't mean automatically Frevan is mafia (in fact, he wasn't) but it is more of one of those "mildly sketchy things" that makes him worth an investigation; and if this happened with several of his alibis then it would have made him pretty sketchy.

We don't want to waste an investigation on someone whose alibi can be easily confirmed, meanwhile someone who could be easily caught lying if we asked a few questions just slips under the radar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 pm 
So 4 kills in a day is starting to make me think the multiple mafia factions hypothesis is somewhat likely. I certainly don't think anything the mods have said rules it out.

Still trying to think of possible explanations of the thing with the text about aok...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:56 pm 
Should we have some sort of petition-signing/discussion meetup?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:15 pm 
Plz don't lynch me! It wouldn't have made much sense for me to make that kill, since I knew that Adamberg saw me right before it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:20 pm 
I would go to a meetup Friday, is that too late? I just have too much homework to do before that ): (I shouldn't even be checking forums right now..)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:24 pm 
I've been pretty busy - not had time to do much other than read fora and vote to lynch. I might be able to go to a meetup though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:26 pm 
I could make it only if we meet up at 6 or earlier. I have to be at choir at 7.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:00 pm 
ahhhhh so who are we lynching today? aok? I feel like it's possible he's not mafia..... but I feel more strongly that he is actually mafia. So that's who I'm voting for now in case nothing else comes up and/or I don't have time to check back before 11

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:29 pm 
I'll be voting for aok. I have my doubts about it too, but I don't see any better target.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:32 pm 
I'm voting to lynch sashacf. In the past, when ET people have died after van runs, it's almost always been another ET person.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:40 pm 
aok wrote:
I'm voting to lynch sashacf.

Wait, really? I thought you'd vote to lynch aok </sarcasm>

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 pm 
Why the push for lynching specifically Sasha out of the three people who came to campus on the ET van? That seems pretty arbitrary to me, and therefore mildly sketchy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:47 pm 
Because he looks the sketchiest of them, by his own admission?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:51 pm 
*they

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:35 pm 
All I know is that Ellena texted me "aok" and then died a minute later. That's enough for me to want to lynch him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:54 pm 
Hmm, I'm still not sure about this, but I guess it's sufficient evidence to warrant a lynch. I suppose we'll see what happens afterwards, and we can try to use any aftermath there is (more people staying alive after death? shovels?) to figure out more of this mess.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:18 pm 
In all games of mafia, there have been no games in which someone texted the name of a player before they died. Zero times. People just don't have enough time to communicate the name of their killer before they die. I think that either Lily is making this up, or Ellena orchestrated her own death and framed me for some reason.

I'm changing my vote to Lily. I would encourage others to do the same.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm 
In the ET game, Troy texted several people that ermain was about to kill him, and town lost because I didn't get the text, and assumed that the two people who claimed to have received it were mafia. That said, I think it is possible that Lily is trying to frame aok.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:29 pm 
sashacf wrote:
Lily is trying to frame aok.

I don't think that makes sense at all. If I was trying to frame aok, why would I post about having received a text about Ara about 10 minutes prior? It only serves to confuse things. I legitimately got those texts, and I think my claim about getting those texts is pretty believable. So from my perspective, either aok really did kill Ellena (and somehow Ara is mistaken/lying about not being near Ellena at the time when I got the Ara text), or Ellena was mafia and was trying to frame aok by killing herself.

The latter possibility really doesn't make sense, since if that were the case, why would she bother texting me Ara falsely? That would only confuse things. If Ellena was mafia, she really didn't have a good reason to kill herself. Nobody suspected her in the slightest, and definitely not enough to force her to kill herself. In addition, I have high priors on Ellena having been town-aligned, for role-related reasons.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth....

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:39 pm 
hmm idk
from ellena, kemus suspected foul play
but I really didn't see her that time and day

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:04 pm 
aradhana wrote:

sorry what do you mean specifically? the rhymes are great though

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:05 pm 
aliciacm wrote:
aradhana wrote:

sorry what do you mean specifically? the rhymes are great though

She's saying that Kemus suspected Ellena, since sammyluo apparently had some idea of his role when he tried to kill him yesterday. He thinks that Ellena could have told sammy his role. (She's told me this before in some PMs.)