Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: HELPFUL INFO
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 pm 
I was given four questions at the start of the game as my ability, and (somewhat accidently) burnt through them after the confusion of the last three days. I’m guessing the moderators wanted some sort of role to help reduce the confusion of this game.
Three of the questions had to be for the game setup rather than the current status, but I was given a few days so I could pick those after seeing how the game went. I’ll list them with comments on each at the end. I’ve been warned that I would not be given ALL powers available to mafia or third parties. I summarized neatly everything below under appropriate headings, as my questions were very convoluted in order to get as close to game breaking as the moderators would let me :P

How do the investigation results in this game get manipulated?
1. There are circumstances in the game under which reversed and 50/50 randomized investigation results will be returned.
2. The mafia do not have as extensive a list of investigation-manipulation powers as they do in typical games.
3. Many investigation mechanics are inherently unreliable since certain items return weird results and certain roles are weird (neither of which necessarily apply to this game) though generally tend to be reliable. There may also be some roles that mess with investigations daily.

What powers have the non-townies been given in this game? NOT COMPLETE but all I could get
4. There is a mafia role who can poison a player if they trick that player into doing something.
5. There is no rogue, but third-party roles may or may not have the ability to kill.
6. There is a mafia role who can find out people’s roles.

How do third-party roles win?
7. There exist third-parties in the game with their own win-conditions, which may include if town and/or mafia win conditions are met.

Under what conditions can the dead come back to life?
8. There are roles and/or abilities that explicitly allow a player to communicate from beyond the grave or 'come back to life' after death. These roles do not depend on how the player dies.

And lastly, as of Frevan’s death currently 9 non town-sided players are alive.

Quick comments before I go work on 2.005:
1. Based on this, day 1 investigations and the fact that I strongly believe the investigator for lzahray was town-sided, she might be our best lynch.
2. Yay I guess, but everything’s still pretty confusing.
3. It’s not surprising, I can believe mafia role that messes with investigations or possibly two mafia factions.
4. Watch yourselves! This could be a renewable power and who knows if poisoned players still die at the end of the day.
5. After today I believe the correct answer is yes, they do have the ability to kill.
6. …..Good luck everyone?
7. I’d rather have a mafia win then one person with a troll role -_-
8. Case in point: sammyluo
9. ……………………………………………………………….

Post subject: Re: HELPFUL INFO
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:02 pm 
Interesting. Thanks for posting.

How did you get all this info from 4 questions? Did the gods include the standard disclaimer that it may or may not be truthful?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:08 pm 
they were some extremely convoluted questions that went through evolutions to stop being game-breaking, and i kinda feel bad but the moderators responded around the same time for one so it got a lot more detailed than expected. now actually i have spent enough time today thinking up those questions and have to finish two psets....

they said it would be all truthful (but not necessarily complete in one case)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:59 pm 
So, I've been poisoned and I will die by the end of the day today. Based on question 1, I believe that it's likely that one of the people in EC, probably one of the people on 4E or jakob may be mafia. I strongly suspect michyko or ama may've been able to trick me into doing something to have been able to have poisoned me. jakob could also be responsible.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 pm 
Before you die, is there strange interactions you remember with ama, michikyo, or anyone else?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:13 pm 
Not particularly. It's just that I interact with them a lot and would've been easy for them to poison me in that manner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:53 pm 
This makes me very sketched out by Josh. He has a role which lets him determine other people's roles, a power which apparently a mafia has.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:14 am 
tsims wrote:
So, I've been poisoned and I will die by the end of the day today. Based on question 1, I believe that it's likely that one of the people in EC, probably one of the people on 4E or jakob may be mafia. I strongly suspect michyko or ama may've been able to trick me into doing something to have been able to have poisoned me. jakob could also be responsible.

Ok so the mafia is Jakob, and he tricks people into saying a specific word in order to poison them. I say we lynch Jakob today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:27 am 
Well, my role involves a word each day, but if I role-reveal it becomes useless. If we choose a trusted person, I'd be willing to explain my role to them if people think that's worth it. It's not a word that poisons people though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 am 
"trusted person"? What's that? I'm paranoid of all of you people 0.o

Anyway idk if Jakob role-revealing to someone would convince me of much. I'm very convinced Jakob is mafia, and just made a very unfortunate mistake.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:46 am 
just going to post some things here that people have been messaging me while i'm at it:

aok was shoveled to not be mafia-aligned
conscripting town to become mafia is in this game but it's not clear who has the power

i don't really have anything to say about either....
and i may have accidentally on purpose left out something i learned about third parties during the questioning :P i felt it helped mafia more than town to learn, but if im alive in a few days and i feel its getting kinda close then i'll post it. honestly im not too worried about it