A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 4 discussion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:19 pm 
Crosspost from one of the death announcements:
lilychen wrote:
shensley wrote:
The gods are persistently insisting their innocence....

This is actually really interesting, and something that I just now noticed. Some of the deaths have flavortext along the lines of "I swear, I didn't do it", while others don't. Given that dgrazian usually isn't a huge proponent of flavortext/themes, this seems like it's potentially meaningful. I wonder if deaths tagged "I swear, I didn't do it" always turn up innocent for investigations, or something like that.

It would be nice to see some investigations on deaths where the gods have included the "I swear, I didn't do it" flavortext. E.g. Ama, Ellena, Lucy. Additionally, Frevan's death had the flavortext "There's a murderer among us!". This is just pure speculation, but I wonder if that indicates that all investigations on his death will turn up guilty.

Post subject: Re: Day 4 discussion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:47 pm 
So. Lynch vote today. Jakob? Adamberg?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:50 pm 
I have a power that is similar in ways to a mafia power. Perhaps we shouldn't lynch me based on that alone? I'm still willing to role-reveal today. As for adamberg, she and arkadiy claim opposite things. I'd like to hear what people who've talked to them about the situation say about their probability of lying, and if anyone has reason to believe one or the other is telling the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:10 pm 
jakob wrote:
I have a power that is similar in ways to a mafia power. Perhaps we shouldn't lynch me based on that alone? I'm still willing to role-reveal today. As for adamberg, she and arkadiy claim opposite things. I'd like to hear what people who've talked to them about the situation say about their probability of lying, and if anyone has reason to believe one or the other is telling the truth.

Why does this sound a whole lot like a mafia trying to cover for another mafia?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm 
I've received word that Adamberg -> Lucy investigated as negative, but Lucy was also one of the deaths where the gods said "I swear, I didn't do it", so I don't think we get that much information from this result.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:22 pm 
I say we lynch adamberg. Although I do agree that Jakob is sketchy, I have reasons to believe arkadiyf, so I will defer to his story and vote for adamberg and encourage others to do so too.