Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Day 5 lynch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:38 pm 
I think we should talk about who to lynch today.
Obvious choices:

Jakob
Reason: he accidentally revealed that his role involves a word-a-day, and tsims listed jakob in his top 3 (I think 3 or maybe 4) suspects for poisoning him. The conclusion is that Jakob is porbably mafia and can poison people who say a specific word. It is also possible he poisoned kemus this way, since kemus and Jakob both live in EC, it is very possible Jakob could've tricked him into saying a word.

Me :(
Reason: I was seen killing jessk. I apologize for not telling town that it was me who killed her, but I didn't want mafia to know that I could make kills. It seems to make me a bigger target because that's pretty powerful /: If people are inclined to want to lynch me, I will provide details to someone to hopefully convince you otherwise. If that doesn't put you at ease, please tell me what will. I want to lynch mafia tonight, and I know I'm not mafia!!

Arkadiyf
Reason: I'm not 100% sure. People in support of an Arkadiy lynch can elaborate. I think people think he was lying about Adamberg trying to kill him. I don't have reason to believe one over the other, but I would love to hear more from people who know these people and/or know more about what happened.

Anyone else?

I can't think of anyone who I feel strongly enough about to lynch today, so i think Jakob would be a good choice. Agree? Disagree?

Jakob said he would role-reveal privately to someone if necessary. I also said the same thing. Would it be a good idea for us to both reveal to the same person?

Post subject: Re: Day 5 lynch
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:46 pm 
Disagree. I think being publicly seen kabooming someone is a little more concerning than having a power that might be similar to a mafia power that exists. Tsims listed me because we interact sometimes, so it would have been possible for me to poison him (presuming poisoning even is done like my ability is, with a word). I'm still willing to explain my role to someone, if necessary. Why did you suspect jessk? Is lgunder the reveal-person? I haven't heard many opinions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:55 pm 
If people wanted it, I'd also be willing to reveal my role to someone. If people do reveal roles, though, it should be public who is getting what information when.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:59 pm 
I agree it should be public. I will post when I tell someone the details of my role.

I had reason to believe jessk was mafia-aligned, due to information I got from my role.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:03 pm 
Also why is kaboom such a big deal? I guess the only town-sided killing role I've ever played with was a vigilante and they couldn't use kaboom, but I barely even questioned my ability to use kaboom since this game is so screwy anyway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:30 pm 
I have to agree with oreo here on the kaboom. Coming from a non-mafia-ish background having a kaboom doesn't seem like that weird of a thing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:11 pm 
If Jakob and I are going to role reveal to someone, we should do it soon. Doing it within an hour or two of day end seems too close, we need time to discuss things, and I don't expect people to be checking the forums every 5 minutes so we need to give people time to think about and respond to whatever happens

Also, I think we should consider everyone playing. Is there any other good lynch for today? I can't think of anyone who really sketches me out. Tbh Josh Frisch did before the poison thing, but I would be surprised if he is lying now since if he doesn't die at day start we will obviously lynch him

Anyway I checked usergroups and here are living players. I added some comments. Please add comments on any players you know any more information about. We NEED to find the mafia!!
3 Alex (I'm not sure he's ever posted anything...)
4 Josh Frisch
5 mchang02
6 andrealincoln
7 Eric Yang
8 asjm
9 shensley
10 lzahray
11 aliciacm (I believe she is town after her "helpful info" post)
12 aradhana
13 michikyo
14 Sarah Pratt
15 sashacf
16 jakob (probably mafia (sorry))
17 vlonge (She seems to be less active this game than usual! I hadn't thought about her at all this game)
18 oreo (me!)
19 Troy
20 lgunder (says he has a provable role)
21 arkadiyf
22 Trek

Uhh so what I gather from this is that most people are not very active because I can barely remember anything most people on this list has said/done

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 pm 
Hmm... perhaps you're right. "bang" became a non-mafia thing last game and I suppose it's reasonable for kaboom to be one as well. However, I still think you're an objectively better lynch target than I until we role-reveal. If nobody has any other suggestions, then perhaps lgunder?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:48 pm 
If we are going with lgunder, I would feel better if I knew more about his role. Do you have anything more to say about this, lgunder? I also don't think that kaboom is too outlandish as a town power this game. I don't know what the word power could possibly be used for, other than killing people, but because I think that kabooming could be town-sided, I don't have strong evidence why jakob's couldn't be either. I just think that kaboom is more trollish for town to have, so it fits with the theme of the game...We should decide what we're doing soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:01 pm 
Ok, so nobody has responded, and nobody has contacted me. If anybody is going to vote for me, I'd prefer them to give me a chance to prove my innocence first. My role can be pretty helpful to town if I stay alive

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:03 pm 
I have role-revealed to lgunder via PM.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:12 pm 
sorry was at dinner. am back on this again. i am town aligned and can provide more info now aside from just declaring with certainty sammyluo's alignment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:15 pm 
After reviewing his supposed role, I believe Jakob for the time being. I say we lynch oreo tonight unless I receive information otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm 
i have received role messages from both jakob and oreo, and am inclined that if both are telling the truth, i'd rather have oreo be lynched than jakob. in short, vote for oreo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:51 pm 
Guys this is really sketchy because:
1. I strongly believe Jakob is mafia so idk why lgunder is supporting him so much
2. Lgunder said his role was provable, but never proved it. We just somehow let him dictate what happens.
3. I don't know why lgunder doesn't see this, but my role is really helpful to town!! I don't know why he would want to have me lynched if I'm telling the truth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:57 pm 
I guess based on what lgunder said, I guess I can't really blame anyone for voting for me. But I'm telling you right now you shouldn't. Consider the following things, and if you still want to lynch me then okay.
-it's possible Jakob and lgunder are a mafia team. Nobody was speaking up so they slyly let lgunder take the spot as "trusted townie" and let him dictate the lynch of a town power role.
-if I was a bad guy, why would I be so active on the forums? There are like barely any active people so why would I not just let the town fall into inactivity and lose?
-Guys. My role lets me kill mafia members. You don't need the details but you NEED me alive. Or town will lose ):

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:06 pm 
did you role reveal to lgunder?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:11 pm 
I did and I am very concerned about him saying I should be lynched. It makes him very sketchy. Also did he ever actually prove his role to anyone?¿

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:27 pm 
I have proven my role to arkadiyf and ltchin. They can verify that I am town. In fact, I am the reason that arkadiyf is still alive, otherwise adamberg would've killed him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:41 pm 
I DONT THINK WE SHOULD LYNCH OREO?
I'm voting for Jakob!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:42 pm 
With Alex's death, it might also make sense to look at the people at ET, as it is almost guaranteed that it was one of them. Based on the spreadsheet, the current living ET people are:
Eric Yang
lzahray
Sarah Pratt
sashacf
Troy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:49 pm 
lgunder, is Oreo's role claim something you believe and want to get rid of/think it wouldn't be too bad to get rid of? or is it something you don't believe and we should lynch her because she's mafia?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:00 pm 
jakob, to answer your question, i think that oreo's role could be either extremely helpful or hurtful for town, but she has not used it properly, which makes me suspect that she's actually mafia or will be extremely hard to distinguish from being a mafia member actually. for this reason, i advocate for her lynch tonight and you or an ET person tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:17 pm 
Ok, I've talked to Troy, and have reason to believe he's not mafia. I'm voting to lynch arkadiyf.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:18 pm 
wait, why are you voting for arkadiyf? i don't see anything sketch about him, so could someone please explain this?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:18 pm 
i really don't believe we should lynch oreo. can we lynch lzahray or jakob? or some ET player???

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:19 pm 
people should give reasons, not just throw names around.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:21 pm 
From the incident of arkadiy and adamberg, it's reasonable to believe that one of them is mafia. Since we are not even sure about oreo and jakob, we should lynch arkadiyf. Plus I still think adamberg is not mafia.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:23 pm 
Usually when there is a pair of people involved in a "you tried to kill me" situation, you lynch them both. Since I can't tell the difference between oreo and jakob, the decision would seem kind of arbitrary, so I am putting it off until tomorrow. Since I also already said that I would want to lynch arkadiyf, I see no reason why I should change my mind. Oreo has been very forthcoming with information, so I don't think I necessarily agree with you on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 pm 
At the same time, a kill literally just happened at ET and everyone from ET seems to be brushing it under the rug and ignoring it. This is really strange, as voting for me or oreo or jakob would do nothing about the killer in ET.