Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hello, all ~
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:29 pm 
I must say this conscription is the worst thing ever because this is a shitty week for me, and being mafia makes me actually want to be super active. But I'll do my best.

Here's what I know (not much, sorry):

Kevin got to choose his own role, he chose a role where he cannot be killed while he is lying down.
Ara also got to choose her own role, but I do not know what she chose.
I was told I was an investigator, but I tested my results after the investigation shenanigans day 1, and when looking at myself->mads, I got a guilty, so I guess I was an insane investigator? I'm double proxying kemus->aliciam, so I'm "Sherlock" (Kevin's name choice).

I also obtained a power to tell the alignment of a dead person (Lily Chen, Kemus, and Ara all know this), so that may come in useful.

Post subject: Re: hello, all ~
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:35 pm 
I'll catch up on mafia forum after my Spanish class.

Also, clarification on kemus, he can't be killed by bang while lying down.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:35 pm 
maybe i should confirm one of the roles they told you then?

(i have the ability to determine what a person's role is)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:44 pm 
No, no need, I'm nearly certain of what they said. Kevin's glee and his process of choosing his own role would have been nearly impossible to fake.

And he told me about Ara (though Ara doesn't know I know her role), though Ara complained that she told an NP and he told Kevin, and she seemed rightfully annoyed. I'm pretty sure this knowledge is right.

Post subject: Fuck. I hate my life.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:00 pm 
Ok, here's the deal. I don't think I can do this.

As a mafia, I will really really want to be involved (I've already spent 3 hours doing all sorts of mafia things instead of work), but I have two difficult midterms this week, and two psets, and however much I tell myself things will probably work out, knowing myself I will fuck up royally and spend way too much time on mafia and do poorly in these two classes. I don't know how to handle this, since I also really don't want to just leave you all dangling, losing two mafia in super rapid succession (and goddamn it I'm in such a good position, being trusted by kemus, probably would be the person Ara would turn to if kemus is killed, and also the only person Lily Chen paranoia-texts, it physically hurts having to not play), but I really shouldn't keep playing now that I'm mafia.

Gods, fellow scum, any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 pm 
Also, idea dump for the next jack-of-all-trades (if I end up departing from this world):

Mixed messages: All investigators get a random response of {innocent, guilty} regardless of whom they investigate. Good for one kill. (Potentially will be redundant, hence unnecessary, with our new rogue's power)

Curiosity killed the cat/Landmine: an item (disguised as something harmless, of course) that instructs the holder to pm God if they go to a certain location. They are warned the effects may be either positive or negative. If they choose to go to the location anyways, they are attacked as if by kaboom, with the appropriate effects occurring as per their role. (The mafia would need to give this item to a player. Perhaps it can work like memory packets in Guild games, with the instruction to not be read until it is passed off from the original holder.)

Hide the Symptoms: The townie is told they have gotten a bad case of the flu, but will probably feel betting in about 2 days. This hides poisoning symptoms, so they are not told if they are poisoned while they are sick. If they die of poisoning while they are still sick, their death is announced as a death from the flu, not from poisoning. (Perhaps could be "transmitted" by giving the townie an infected item, or by the mechanic of coughing while interacting with the townie. This one's for you, Jakob.)

Time keeper: Modulate day end time by +/-1 hour, can be activated anytime during the day.

Ebola: (This was just inspired by the disease above, and is probably way too overpowered, but it just seems fun). Infect a townsperson w/ ebola. One day later, (b/c long incubation period of ebola) the townie is told they have the ebola symptoms, and they are infectious (but are not told what this means, maybe?). They are informed that if they choose to go to a hospital isolation ward, they will not be able to use their townie powers for two days, but will then be cured. Alternatively, they can continue to use their powers, but they will be infectious and die in two days. (Infection means that if they give another person an item, or hand off petitions with a person, that person now gets ebola as well. I was thinking as a limiting mechanic that mafia can also get ebola, and if it infects a mafia, that mafia dies, and everyone else with the disease is cured. I lso don't know whether or not townies should be told exactly what infection means).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm 
Michikyo, you should check what aok's role is.