Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hello Ghosties!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 am 
I just read all 3 pages of this and I conclude that I have no idea what is going on. This game is soooo crazy! I love it though

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:25 am 
Also, it's sad none of the elected positions ever got filled.

Though, (regardless of my alignment or role) I never really liked elected positions. Idk. I really didn't understand them in the first game I played (last fall- but I didn't understand many things about that game bc it was a first game and I didn't have that much time to invest in it) Also I took literally hours of my time in the IAP game to get petitions for me and Frevan, which ended up not even really helping town

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:57 am 
So troy didn't have that ability. He had copied sasha's yesterday which was is immune to bangs with 1/3 probability (their cover role).

So troy currently thinks that alex killed himself (with bong). Why he believes that I'm not sure (maybe because he really trusts everyone at et and doesn't think an outsider would have managed to make the trek to et and manage to sneak in and out without people noticing) so he's waiting until 10pm to see if alex comes back to life. He also distrusts lgunder.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:39 am 
Lucy wrote:
So troy currently thinks that alex killed himself (with bong).

Lucy wrote:
killed himself (with bong).

Lucy wrote:
bong

I'm sorry, I can't help imagining some absurd situations now.

Also, I think that Jakob is totally right about killing lgunder, but that not knowing where he is going to be isn't that big of a deal. With good probability a mafia could just go to Random, go to Clam, and then kill lgunder when they see him. No one else would be a witness, as it's doubtful lzahray, mchang02, or arakdiyf would be around Clam. Asking an NP would probably be reasonable too.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:19 pm 
Quote:
The phrase used this time is "found killed", which is different from all the deaths before. (They were either "found dead" or "was killed"). My guess is that different phrasing might represents different kind of power in the game.
The deaths that were "found dead": Day 2 death 1(ltchin), Day 3 death 2 (anpere),

...now i want more people to die, just to see Mads' various flavour texts used.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:56 pm 
@Oreo: yeah, town seems to have given up on petitions quite early on this time. They also practically gave up on investigations after mads/ltchin, or maybe all the investigators are just dead.

Yay Jakob! I knew he could do it :) keep this up and short of bang immunities and other weird things mafia will hopefully effectively win in 3 days. Hopefully Jakob can prod michikyo to do role investigations and vote on the critical day.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:23 pm 
Arkadiyf went to ET to kill himself. He has a list of people that he wants to see lynch, and two of them (Sarah Pratt, Eric Yang) are at ET. And I bet that sasha might use this opportunity to get Sarah or Eric lynched.

I hope this happens anyway.

As for the game result itself, mafia are almost certain to win at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:13 pm 
Lolol

++ to arkadiyf's plan

Also yeah there's no way town can dig itself out now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 pm 
Eh, I feel like Jakob insisting that arkadiyf framing Eric is unlikely might look like a desperate self-saving attempt to people who think Jakob is the most suspicious person left alive (e.g. aliciacm). Also if Sasha kills Troy bad things could happen for mafia with vote decisions tonight... it's risky. Mafia should still definitely make a kill if (safely) possible though so that their extra bang doesn't go to waste.

I'm sort of glad I'm away this weekend because if I was hanging around Jakob it would be quite hard to resist trying to tell him what he should do :P Not that I would be much help anyways.

So Trek is a jester? Too bad he's inactive, otherwise this could be fun to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:57 pm 
Nvm Trek isn't vote-inactive, just not posting much. He should do something soon to get himself lynched >.<

Btw what do you all think about mafia's idea of Sasha killing Troy today? I feel like it could jeopardize things for both Sasha and Jakob (due to previous suspicions on Sasha, and an lynch-ET vote split causing a lynch-Jakob plurality), but I could be wrong. It would also make it harder to find Sunday kills for Sasha (remaining active players would all then be in EC/New House/tEp).

EDIT: Just realized (a few days ago, when Jakob told me) I could edit posts within a certain time range. That's nice :P

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:13 pm 
I think someone else should make use of the extra bang. Sasha should kamikaze tomorrow and take out the rest of ET.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:14 pm 
Also wonder what Troy thinks once Alex doesn't come back to life in ~5 minutes. He really trusts Sasha (and he should since he knows they didn't kill arkadiyf).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:26 pm 
sashacf wrote:
Eric leaned over and banged Troy.

housecest is bestcest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:35 pm 
So Eric "investigated" positive for Alex, but Town doesn't actually know if it can trust its investigations. Therefore I think it's not out of the question that sashacf gets lynched tonight due to their sketchy alibi for my death.

Go town! You can do this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm 
Yeah I think this was suboptimal play... I'm hoping it turns out well for mafia though. But oops I'm biased for more than one reason.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:57 pm 
Argh, I'm sad that I decideded to stalk and kill Lucy in 26 rather than waiting to get her before her class. I just didn't think about the fact it would make Sasha sketchy :/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:08 pm 
Eric's blah post is hilarious. I can't quite tell what the encryption system is though.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:26 pm 
Yeah I was expecting him just to use binary or base 4... he is allowed to use the letters individually, right?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:34 pm 
no, I can only use variations of blah and white space between them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:34 pm 
btw, I guessed arkadiyf's role correctly!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:23 pm 
Were you using morse code?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:25 pm 
yes

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:33 pm 
Translation for the lazy?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:45 pm 
It starts with just spelling out blah in morse code (those are the underlined letters), then giving the whole alphabet in morse code, then the actual message is:

sasha is mafia
people who vote for mt [sic] are suspicious
goodbye cruel world

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:12 pm 
Nicely done Eric, guessing arkadiy's role!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:14 pm 
Just found this in last game's mafia den:
anpere wrote:
Kill Jakob if you can, while he's a new player he seems very good at this game and could be dangerous.
Though he is an unlikely conscript so he could be a good target. I have high hopes of him being a good mafia
and people wouldn't suspect conscripting a new player. We would just have to kill off all the good players. And they
would get lynched eventually because of town paranoia.
He also seems the type willing to go out of his way to make kills, I'm not sure I'll be able to give that ability to the mafia.
Also, does he look hosed this IAP, we might want to read his intro.
What do you think about conscripting jacob?

Granted, mafia has had the advantage of a very confused town, but I think both Jakob and Sasha have played very nicely so far, especially considering the early mistakes we made as mafia that could have easily gotten both killed by long before now. Arkadiy and Oreo are both to thank for mafia's survival as well :p

BTW Oreo, if we had gone ahead and invited you to mafia den, or Jakob had contacted you the day after, and you hadn't been caught, would you have just ratted us out to win?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:43 pm 
Mafia need to remember that they shouldn't vote openly. I don't know what powers town has left but its possible they would still be able to pull off shenanigans.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 am 
jakob wrote:
Trek - tomorrow's lynch target (all three of us vote for him)

Trek ... is going to win :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 am 
Haha yeah, I find this quite amusing. I was thinking that if michikyo had role investigated trek one of the preceding nights (I think Jakob suggested this) mafia could have contacted him to make a deal where he joined their voting bloc in return for being lynched the second mafia-majority voting day. But this works too, with less effort on trek's part :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am 
Sammyluo, my plan was to get into the mafia den and then just see who was closer to winning. In this game I probably would've helped mafia. If the mafia team is powerful and has good players, it would be risky to rat them out bc they could find a way to kill me and my only goal is to stay alive

Also, if Trek wins I will be so frustrated. It's absolutely hilarious, but
1. I hate the role of jester to start with
2. He didn't even try he just got lucky hahahah

ahhhhhhhhhh

But it's still funny though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next