Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 am 
The roles have been chosen. They were decided completely and uniformly at random, with no regard for past game games.

There are 21 players like last game, with the same number of each role. However, this game has 1 Medkit, rather than 2.

Dalitso! has been chosen to randomly receive a Medkit. Dalitso, what is your name, and how can I get the Medkit to you?

The game starts at 6AM on Thursday.

Good luck!

Also, please see my note in the Rules Forum of "Don't Show Others Your Forum Screen".

P.S. If you've not received your role by PM (or I messaged you twice), please tell me.

Last edited by Alex on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:06 am 
Ah, the game will start in 6 hours. But does that mean we cannot discuss mischevious things here yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:13 am 
Yes, feel free to discuss and trash talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:32 am 
Hello World!

Having received my assignment from mister Alex, I am happy to announce that I can stand by my previous claim of not being mafia!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:58 am 
bleah.."Hello World" sounds like my Python class motto :)) Anyways, hope you guys are not going to be influenced by the last game :D

Have fun!

P.S I am not the Mafia and yes, I'm going to respect the rules ^.^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:03 am 
I just had an idea. Everyone can put something on their shoulders. Like duct tape with sharpie ink attached to it. And then when the mafia own you, they will be marked, aha!

Or something else equally sneaky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:37 am 
That is horribly tacky and not sneaky at all. It's better to soak you clothes in ink and thus the mafia's stained souls will be portrayed externally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 am 
Isn't it better to get surgery to become incredibly ugly, so that mafia cannot bear to seek you out to kill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:07 am 
But then the world will be denied my lovely visage and that would be oh so cruel.
No, instead I will enlist my bodyguards. *nods*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 am 
i hope your not talking about me and/or rutu nur. you tried that last spring too and i believe that's how you got shoved in the pool during holi...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:07 pm 
Hi everybody,

I'm going to 7.391 now in 68-074. I will be there until around 5:00ish. So if you must kill me mafia it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll be at Baker Dining at 5:30; anybody interested in talking please come (I can get you half off at the dining hall if you don't live in a dining hall dorm.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:58 pm 
Dear All,

I will be in Spenser's room for most all of today. If one of us dies, obviously the other is suspect. But because of this, I think we will not kill one another.

We shall be in room 366 of Next. Give it your worst.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:58 pm 
I'm feeling semi-ill at the moment (wtf, I've been sick off-and-on the entire IAP!) so I'll be sleeping in my room for most of today instead of class. Please do not pick the lock. If you want to kill me, wait until 10pm, where I will probably be in the floor lounge near my room, or in 2E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:51 pm 
So, I've been gone for most of the morning/early afternoon.
Currently, in my room.
Am going out to dinner later this evening with Hilary.
So, if one of us is dead it's probably the other one.
Thus, we probably won't kill each other.
Consequently, I am about to visit Ashley (acowall), thus if I'm dead...you know who did it as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:08 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm going to 7.391 now in 68-074. I will be there until around 5:00ish. So if you must kill me mafia it shouldn't be too difficult. I'll be at Baker Dining at 5:30; anybody interested in talking please come (I can get you half off at the dining hall if you don't live in a dining hall dorm.)

I may be showing up to Baker Dining as well. I may have surprises. Or Cake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:19 pm 
oo, me gonna goto baker to eat dinner too. around 1800? see you guys there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:24 pm 
I'll come to Baker at 6:00 too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 pm 
yeah if I die please inspect David first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:23 pm 
I'm still at lab at Shriner's Hospital... which makes me hard to kill :P

On the other hand I'll be UPOPing all of next week. Any UPOPer mafias?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:44 pm 
OK, sorry about that. I went to Garment District to get an outfit for Arcadia. I'm walking over to Baker now, in case anybody is still there or is coming. Then I'll be over at Next.

To new players (and old ones): if you are mafia then you will really irritate everybody playing if you do not make kills every day (or very nearly every day. So make a kill tonight! (Ideally not me, but you can do so if you must :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 pm 
I never made it to Baker D either. But that's because I took a nap and plotted for Arcadia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 pm 
It's 7:36 and nobody has been killed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:46 pm 
David seems to me veery suspicious. However, since there were no kills, I would be up for no-lynching if nothing happens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 pm 
I think David is def someone to look out for. I passed him multiple times in 5E and he acted strangely when we walked pass each other. Of course, he could not kill me because many other people who are playing mafia are also around the 5E area.

Unless there's an announcement on a death or whatever suspicious behavior, I am voting no lynch...

I am in NYC now, but I am checking this forum regularly until 1AM. Therefore, in order to kill me, you have to kill my roommate Steve Drapcho. I have internet access right now until tomorrow morning like 7 AM, but I am not sure about the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm 
Hmmm........still no activity...........interesting.............this means no one died.........unless they were saved by a medkit? Or unless the mafia decided to recruit today? Though, I don't see why they wouldn't wait to do that later..........

Anyways, I also vote no lynch unless something happens............

Oh, and Joy, I'm in UPOP too....see you there ^__^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm 
This is what happened to JJ today.

JJ was about to go to Baker dining around 5:45 PM. She opened her door to go to the bathroom first, but as soon as she opened her door, she saw a somewhat muscular figure quickly turning away from her door. Before she even had time to see the person's face, the person spoke and it was david chen. He pointed at her and asked "are you in the game?" Annoyed, JJ said "yeah, i'm just going to the bathroom". Then david chen just walked away.
At first, JJ thought he was just scared that JJ was going to kill him, but then afterwards JJ realized that it doesn't make sense because first of all, in order for david chen to be scared, he needs to first see it's JJ who opened the door, recognize JJ as a live action mafia player, and then think about the possibility of her killing him and lastly, be scared. JJ didn't even have time to look at his face when she opened up the door, so how could david chen react so quickly unless he already knew JJ was in the room and was planning to do something - maybe interrogate JJ or kill her.
However, JJ said daniel pointed out at the dinner that the most logical thing for him to have done would be killing JJ right on the spot, but he didn't.
David, can you give us an explanation for what happened?

p.s. JJ doesn't have her lap top with her and she's too lazy to type, so I just typed up what she told me.

p.p.s. I promise you guys that both of us are NOT the mafia this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 pm 
David's girlfriend lives in 4W, so he visits there sometimes; that's the only reason I can think of if David is in 4W.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 pm 
I think we're playing this game a little too cautiously this time around. Yes, I know it was a bad game last time, and we don't want to replicate it, but at the same time, we should really chillax and just have some fun with the game. It does no good to be hiding all the time; you don't want to make it impossible for Mafia to kill you. And the same time, we really need to get some discussion flowing. Yes, discussing tactics is good, but if you're going to do that, don't do it on the very public forums. You're just telling Mafia your battle plan, and they can work around it. Discuss over PM and in person with people you trust. Do not bias your posts on the forum (i.e., "If you're a townsperson, do this and this.") since it very blatantly tells Mafia what's going on (unless you're attempting a diversion tactic, which may or may not work).

Anyways. Let's get some suspects on the table, shall we? :D
I don't have anyone yet. JY was at dance practice with me (no other mafia players were there) and did not attempt a kill. I've also met with Steven and Daniel 1-on-1 and have not been killed yet. Other than that, no news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:22 pm 
Also Steven, JJ lives in 4E, a fair enough distance away from Angela's room...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm 
I kind of suspect that the mafia is trying to conscript somebody.

I dunno about that incident. Sounds...fishy, but it could just be a simple case of "I don't know what you look like." I don't think we should read too much into it without more info. We killed a number of innocent townspeople last time because we read too much into things, but it wouldn't hurt to keep this incident in the back of our minds.

Incident with me and jy today: She ran up to me after asking whether I was in the game. Then, she kept on asking me the same questions over and over even after I replied the first time, "Are you mafia? Are you anything special? Are you a townsperson?" It might just be a mind game or it might be something else... But I'm pretty sure she knows how horrible I'm at lying after our last table mafia together. =P