Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Item moving
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:14 am 
It's usually advisable at game start to start moving around items a little bit, so the mafia doesn't know where they are.

One new strategy I've thought of since last game: Microphones and receivers should be re-merged first. Compare the following two strategies:
1. Everyone give away your item to someone random (except mafia, who lie and keep it)
This strategy is vulnerable to any of 4 people being mafia
2. Microphone and receiver person make sure that one of them ends up with both parts. Then, that person gives away both parts to different people (except if they're mafia, then they lie)
This strategy is vulnerable to any of 3 people being mafia, and only partially vulnerable to a fourth person being mafia (the person who had to give the mike or receiver to his partner, since he might not necessarily be able to keep it, unlike a normal mafia)

The mafia strategy of giving away items to build trust is equally useful in both cases.

tldr; if you have a mike or receiver, find your partner, and make sure that one of you ends up with both parts. Do not accept no for an answer. Post publicly confirming that you've done this if you're part of a pair.

Post subject: Re: Item moving
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:43 pm 
This applies to the Camera/CCTV as well as the mikes/receivers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:50 pm 
I just remembered this thread. Did this happen with the mikes/receivers, or not?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:52 pm 
I can confirm that this happened to a positive extent.