Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lynch Day 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:48 pm 
I want a lynch target! No lynch is a cool lynch target too!

• I'm in favor of lynching an inactive (has not posted a bio and has not posted an alibi), although they will be kicked out shortly after today.
  • I'm sketched out by Simmons people because of the recognition thing that was mentioned in the other thread. Apparently Austin Fathman hangs out at Simmons according to his bio, so Simmons people are more likely to do a kill of convenience.
  • fmajluf7 has a really crappy alibi. She should definitely be investigated, but probably not lynched (speaking as someone who almost always has really crappy alibis)
  • I'm too lazy to go through everyone's intro and see who had class or didn't have class at the time.

Post subject: Re: Lynch Day 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:56 pm 
I'm a first time player, so I don't really have a lynch target to suggest, but as Oreo said on a different thread, Austin didn't hang out with SPA (the lounge that Oreo, Frevan, cstubbe, Jeanie, Texas and I belong to). I can't speak for the rest of them, but I personally had never even heard of him until I saw that he was killed today. I can't speak for any other sims outside of SPA either, but I just wanted to point out that Simmons is a big place, so all of us could easily not know him outside of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 pm 
To add to that, I'm fine with being investigated. But I can't see how my alibi is so much worse than one that says "sleeping in my room" or hanging out alone nearby by, or at any class alone. It sketches me out a bit that I was the sketchy alibi, to be honest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:27 pm 
It also seems a little odd that Lily suggested lynching someone who has not posted an intro, even though she knew they would be god-smited anyway.

I guess lynching an inactive is fine. I'd say someone who is typically a good player but is being less active than usual? I would feel too bad to lynch a brand-new player on the first day-- I would give then at least a couple days to figure out how game works and start posting and stuff (so yes, that being said, I would feel fine lynching a new player starting probably tomorrow or if not then definitely the next day).

So I'm thinking pick somebody who has posted an intro and maybe an alibi (unless it's a very solid alibi) but is not as active as you would expect. Lily Chen?? I don't thunk I've seen her post much. Has anpere posted? He is playing this game right? Ahhh I don't know, I'm not good at figuring out who mafia is so someone who is better at this should put out suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:36 pm 
errr oreo, your first occurrence of "Lily" should be replaced by "Lilly" :P

I don't think lilychen is the kind of player we want to default lynch this early in the game. If she's town, she can be very helpful to keep alive. If she's not town, we can suspect her if she doesn't die within a few more days. And she did say she would be busier and less active than usual this game.

Though I also agree that lynching a new player first isn't optimal. Regardless, we should decide early enough for any defense to be given / necessary innocence proving to be done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:40 pm 
oreo wrote:
It also seems a little odd that Lily suggested lynching someone who has not posted an intro, even though she knew they would be god-smited anyway.

I would imagine that's so town doesn't get penalized for no-lynching, but we don't accidentally lynch a useful townie

oreo wrote:
Has anpere posted? He is playing this game right?

I've talked to him about the game quite a bit so despite his lack of posts I wouldn't say he's being less active

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:41 pm 
Yup, I'm hosed up the wazoo. Sorry that I'm not posting much. I don't think I should look terribly sketchy to anyone at this point, but I'd understand if town believes it should lynch me before too long.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:42 pm 
Sorry Lilly! And yeah, Lilychen probably isn't a good lynch first day. I don't know who is though ):

Jessk- Ohh yeah I guess that makes sense. It would basically function as a no lynch? Hmmm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:43 pm 
To clarify: there is no penalty to town for no lynching.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:46 pm 
Ok..... Sorry guys but I'm going to watch the college basketball championship game tonight so I might not vote if I don't see a suitable lynch target before like 8:30. I won't be paying attention to game for the rest of the night after 8:30.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:47 pm 
== for what people were saying about the lynching an inactive

Francesca, I pointed you out because 66 is really close to 16. EC folks should probably also get checked out

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:48 pm 
Wait, do we get penalized for no-lynches this game? I'm not seeing that in this game's rules... although notably, multiple people can be lynched if there is a tie, which can be useful when there are multiple suspicious people. Everyone can post their vote ahead of time, and people who vote unannounced or who switch unannounced are labelled super sketchy. As long as it's far enough from endgame, we can basically have as many lynches as we want.

I do think that Lily Chen is legitimately hosed. She also is very active in town square when she's mafia. She is a very dangerous player as mafia though...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:50 pm 
Just saw Ellena's post. My bad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:07 pm 
If we're not penalized for not lynching anyone, and we don't have any real information as yet, is there any reason to lynch people?
Shooting randomly, we're much more likely to hit someone from the town than a mafios(o|a) or a serial killer, right?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:09 pm 
I will be playing Minions of Darkness at et for the next couple hours. I probably won't be checking the forum in the meantime. I've submitted a preliminary vote for no-lynch, in case I'm not able to check the forum again before 11. However do not take this as an endorsement of that option. Keep discussing!

And keep poking the inactive players. We don't want any evictions!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:24 pm 
aok says adam yedidiya (hitman) killed dgrazian just now

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:24 pm 
lol okay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:26 pm 
I wasn't sure where to post that because a thread should be made soon by Kellena.

aok says that if people want to investigate him, they should get over to ET and investigate him tonight because after that point he'll be uninvestigatable by being mayor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:27 pm 
I believe there is a good chance that there is a mafia member who was close to Austin and felt that they couldn't conceal their identity around them.
There's also a good chance that at least one mafia didn't post an introduction prior to start of game, so that they wouldn't get penalized.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:28 pm 
anpere wrote:
I believe there is a good chance that there is a mafia member who was close to Austin and felt that they couldn't conceal their identity around them.
There's also a good chance that at least one mafia didn't post an introduction prior to start of game, so that they wouldn't get penalized.

I don't think anyone is close to Austin though...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:42 pm 
Oh snap. Given this second kill (by a hitman? yes?) I will not be voting tonight because I'm sure craziness is about to happen and I'm heading down to watch the game soon.

GO DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:54 pm 
People who are vaguely suspicious by their schedules and alibis include:

kmuhlrad -- no alibi
lzahray -- no alibi
tsims -- strange alibi (he said he was almost to 18.03, which starts at 1:05 in 10-250, but the kill happened at 12:55)
ajliu -- no alibi

I would be down to lynch one of them or vote no lynch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:00 pm 
Kmuhlrad and ajliu are new players. I also have minor unsketchy vibes from lzahray (additionally, she was looking at the rules for serial killer and talking about how fun it would be to be serial killer in a way that makes me think she's not serial killer, which makes her less likely to be mafia aligned).

I would be okay voting for tsims. I'm generally feeling indecisive though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:05 pm 
Also, on an unrelated topic, we need to get remaining inactives poked. Particularly michikyo and vlonge (who have played before, and are thus reasonably likely to actually play if we remind them). Aok said michikyo "hadn't even realized game had started" when he asked her to sign our petitions. Ama, Jessk, Tsims, Anpere: can any of you locate michikyo and get her to post something? Trek, can you locate and poke vlonge?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:35 pm 
I'd be okay with voting for either hitman or tsims. But I would like to hear from tsims before deciding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:37 pm 
We can't actually vote to lynch a hitman.

Also, I texted vlonge and michikyo. Hopefully they post before day end.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:44 pm 
So do we think tsims is a reasonable lynch choice? I think that the 3-day is a reasonable excuse for not submitting his intro before game, but so late today makes me suspect him more of being mafia, with the addition of the 'sketchy' alibi.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 pm 
so whats going on? are we lynching anyone is particular?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:59 pm 
tsims is my top choice ATM, mainly because I favor lynching someone to no one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:03 pm 
I don't think Tsims is sketchy in particular, but I agree that we should lynch someone, and we don't have a better candidate at this point.