Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lynch day 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:15 pm 
We should start discussing who we should lynch.
I say we lynch an inactive player in favor of lynching lilychen
Perhaps an inactive player who currently has an item.
It's more optimal for that item to be redistributed than
having a mafia kill of connivence lead to an item in their hands.

Post subject: Re: Lynch day 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm 
Nah, I'm pretty sure it's in town's best interest to lynch me. If I'm guilty, you kill a mafia. If I'm innocent, I'm an outed desperado and I'll either get set-a-trapped and killed easily (saving mafia the trouble of going after someone who might be riskier to kill), or I'll just die tomorrow night and the only thing I could contribute to town would be a single investigation that most of town wouldn't believe anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:28 pm 
I agree with lilychen. Lynch lilychen.

[A note to make is that I messaged lilychen my proposal / reasoning for who she should investigate around 6 pm, telling her to respond as soon as she saw so I wouldn't think she was consulting mafia teammates. She read the message and responded somewhere around 6:46pm, saying she was in class and couldn't respond yet. Then she responded at 8:47pm saying she agreed. This probably doesn't say anything, but it *marginally* increases the probability that she was consulting mafia.]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 pm 
I was in a 3-hour-long grad lecture from 5:30 to 8:30. I only skimmed your PM because I didn't want to be on my phone too much during class.

Also I think the argument for why I should have investigated Ishara was clear enough that I wouldn't have argued against it even if I were mafia, because it's just clearly correct play.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:04 pm 
Yeah, fair enough.

Should we ask the IC network to find a proxy just to confirm that it exists (and tell us who to lynch if they have better ideas)? Or should we wait until a day without a clear lynch target to do this?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:15 pm 
Ishara should decide the lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 pm 
My investigator says that jhgilles killed Jakob, so that's another lynch possibility.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 pm 
Jhgilles is much less likely than me to have been framed for a murder, btw. I'll be voting for him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm 
In that case, I would suggest that we vote to lynch jhgiles, due to the high possibility that lilychen was framed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm 
Perhaps we should try to coordinate an intentional tie so that we lynch both?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:35 pm 
That's unlikely to work since there's not much time left and mafia can mess with it very easily.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:37 pm 
True, just a suggestion. But if someone votes different than how they say their going to vote, it would be pretty suspicious so I think that would discourage mafia.

Nonetheless, I submitted a lynch vote for lilychen early in the day (in case I forgot to vote later on), so someone could always claim that they had done that and then not seen the updated tie lynch thread or something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:38 pm 
Can someone poke him in person to get a response?

EDIT: frame on lilychen is more valuable that frame on jhgilles, but reasonable in this instance due to intros (I think they both said they would be there/both said they were LAing 6.01)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:36 pm 
I think until we are certain somebody is mafia with probability of 1/8 + e where e is a positive non-negligible value, we should vote no-lynch.
6 because right now there is probably 1 mafia-aligned for every 7 players.
[EDIT]: This is a little hand wavy, but you get the point

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:43 pm 
Do we actually just not have an IC network at all? :/ This is kind of bad...