Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nearing Endgame
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:07 am 
Since there is likely only 1 mafia (and possibly 1 serial killer remaining) I think there are a few important things we can do to make sure town wins.
1. Investors: Please investigate and report the number of clues you find so we can figure out if there are any serial killers left.
2. Conspiracy Theorists: Keep you list up to date with living players. At this point getting banged and not dying could end the game by outing the last mafia.
3. Desperados: I think it is reasonable to go desperado at this point. The mafia only started game with one kaboom so having even more people running around immune to bangs would probably be good.
4. Superheroes: Similar to investigators, it may be worth it to go as your superhero identity to try to gain immunity for the next day (again bang immunity).
5. Vigilantes: Your kill could end the game, so it may be worth killing your top suspicion and hope the game ends.
6. Gay Knights: As far as I know there was only one pair in the game (Tsims), that is weird that more have not died
7. ICs: Is this network still active? I think that they should decide the lynches if we have no other concrete suspicions.

I don't know if electing a new police officer is a good idea given that they get free kabooms as mafia defeating the strategy laid out above

Post subject: Re: Nearing Endgame
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:25 am 
Additionally sashacf thought that getting lynched Monday night if game has not yet ended was reasonable to make sure the mayor is not mafia.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:35 pm 
I'm sure mafia have run out of kabooms. Just a hunch, I have no real info to go off, besides the fact that there were many dangerous townies walking around with potential medkits.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:35 pm 
There was one other gay knight pair that died (Mads and Lucy). There may still be at least one pair left.

I think the IC network should be active in helping to make decisions about who to lynch. I realize the network may be small, possibly only 1 or 2 people (I hope it is larger) but I would rather listen to 2 trusted people than listen to a random person on the forum who might be mafia trying to sway the vote.

INVESTIGATIONS are super important now!!! We need literally ONE more guilty to win the game. That being said, I think it is a good idea for the IC Network to give input as to who to investigate. Because if someone was about to investigate an innocent child, or someone that the ICN has strong reasons to trust, then that would be a waste of an investigation and I would like the ICN to be able to warn us beforehand so we can make a better one.

My personal thoughts on investigations is they should be used first on people with no alibis. Having no alibi is much worse than having an alibi near the kill location in my opinion.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:08 pm 
oreo, the thing about no alibi vs. bad alibi is clearly false. Mafia can choose whether to have no alibi or a bad alibi, so there's no reason to favor investigating one over the other.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:14 pm 
Well, I said that in the hopes that it would force mafia into posting alibis. Then, if everyone posted an alibi, we can pick out which ones were solid and which ones were sketchy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:37 pm 
I wonder if this mafia is suffering the same problem as town does: apathy.
Could this mafia player be a relatively inactive player? Could the mafia den be so very ghosty that
they have lost desire to put effort into the game?