Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Conscription Strategy
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:25 pm 
With the low amount of role information available, I think the optimal strategy is to conscript quickly. Honestly, the most important information we get out of delaying is "who is going to be active". If I die, conscript ASAP.

Candidates who are too obvious to be good choices:
dgrazian
isaacg
ksedlar
lilychen

posting in the mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 pm 
we should conscript someone soon....I don't have a strong preference. I feel like jakob would be a pretty active mafia. sammyluo, abergal, ltchin, and anpere also come to mind. Sadly I don't know much about a lot of the people playing

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:51 pm 
I agree with ltchin and jakob from that list. Only thing I'd be concerned about is conscripting someone who will be too busy.

I think oreo might be a good conscription target too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:16 pm 
+1 to ltchin and jakob. Let's not do anpere since we have Ama on the same hall and anpere doesn't provide any extra advantage.

[posted in mafia den]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:21 pm 
I think Lilly is too hosed to be a good conscript.

I will conscript Oreo if I get a chance. If that fails, I will come to EC and try to conscript Jakob.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:30 pm 
kmuhlrad also lives in simmons so, for convenience, she should try to conscript oreo. If conscripting oreo fails I (or ara) can go for jakob

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:36 pm 
oh whoops didn't know aok was already at simmons. Alrighty then.

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:46 pm 
Conscripted Oreo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:05 pm 
Oreo added to mafia den -- congrats on the conscription

Posting to mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:06 pm 
yaaaay. oreo what's your role?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:07 pm 
Gay knight, unfortunately

Posting in the mafia den.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:09 pm 
Yikes. Who's her gay night?

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:10 pm 
her partner*

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:31 pm 
HELLO EVERYONE I AM HERE

My partner is Svolz. I had already been in contact with her saying that we should message each other when we are going to be with other players or see anything sketchy. I will try to keep up the communication with her and act reasonably paranoid.

Posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:47 pm 
I apologize, everyone. I didn't realize that you could conscript someone immediately after failing to kill them. We should have saved conscription for exactly that use case. I should have looked at the rules better.

posting in the mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm 
I thought it said you can't do that when I read these rules. Unless they changed that from the initial email to the updated one.

Posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:27 pm 
It's true, the final rule for this game was that conscription could be used after a failed bang. This was changed in the rules due to a question someone asked before game start.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:41 pm 
wow I didn't know that either. Speaking of failed bangs, what should we do if one happens? Posting on the forum that the person you tried to kill actually tried to kill you, and then pretending to be a conspiracy theorist or something makes sense.

posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:23 pm 
Yeah, I guess that's what we could do. Typically in that situation, both people involved get lynched though, however if you try to make your case the more convincing one, then at least get your lynch pushed off one day /:

Also, if possible you could claim vigilante. If the person you tried to kill did look sketchy, this could seem valid. However be careful because that's like the easiest lie mafia can tell and people are likely to see through it.

Aok seems to be the most experienced mafia, so let's see what he thinks.

PS Sorry if I wasn't the best conscription target and you would've rather waited until a failed bang, but thanks so much!!! Being mafia is gonna be WAY more fun than being gay knight.

Posting in mafia den

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:13 am 
I honestly think conscripting after a failed kill is too powerful to allow the mafia to do. From a point of view of making the game fair, I'm not that upset that we've just thrown away an extra mafia.

ltchin would have been too hosed to be a good conscript, btw. Pretty sure oreo is our best choice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:08 am 
I think Katy should claim vigilante if her target survives.

Ama should claim superhero if this happens. At all times, you should think of "Who could I have possible put on my list yesterday that would have triggered my invincibility?"

Ara, oreo, and I should claim conspiracy theorist if it's at all viable. If the target was someone we wouldn't reasonably put on our conspiracy theory list, then claim that we had an activated medkit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:44 pm 
We might want Oreo to start being more aggressive. Her discovery as a conscript would make me look very innocent.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:09 pm 
Cool. I'm the only one who hasn't killed yet :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:19 pm 
I actually disagree. Her conscription and verifiable role gives her advantage and the chance for us to win. You will be eventually lynched when people panic and lynch experienced players.

But then again, I'm being lynched tonight so it's your call :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:25 pm 
I can try to make a few kills that I likely won't be caught for, though. Also the mic-kaboom thing. Plus my body double (once I find one...) can make a kill. But I do think that it will most likely be me and Ama left at the end, and I'm a little scared to get found out.