Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Running Commentary
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:19 am 
Mafia mistakes:
0- that desperate kill of regirock
1- not realizing manipulate the press can save katy
2- not realizing regirock has a probability of having told trek (given that trek voted for fmajluf7, it seems certain)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:21 am 
Regirock, did you tell Trek anything about being suspicious of her?

Also, yeah, I was thinking about manipulate the press the whole time when they were talking about how Katy would get investigated.

I think killing Regirock was totally the right move though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:28 am 
killing regirock was good, but killing her at 1201 would've saved them scheme.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:47 am 
In hindsight, yes, but I think from their perspective it made sense to kill her as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:55 am 
So fmajluf7 says in the chat, "I think I will reply with the suggestion that someone else might have picked the name ksedlar."

Apparently now I'm starting to become some sort of investigator synonym or something. Though it makes sense, given that I have been investigator 4 times, versus only 3 times as ALL OTHER TOWN ROLES PUT TOGETHER (including last game, when I ended up being conscripted).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:58 am 
Yeah I did tell trek my suspicions before dying. So hopefully he can use that information.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:22 am 
Regirock, what exactly did you tell Trek? Do you know why he hasn't yet posted that Francesca and Ama are both almost certainly mafia?

Also, I totally second Ksedlar that the mafia were correct to quickly kill regirock, almost no matter the risk. They were probably screwed if they killed her, but they were certainly screwed if they didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:30 am 
Also, I'm really curious if jhgilles actually saw Aradhana kill Jakob.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:17 pm 
He knee that I was an investigator, just as I knew that he was a superhero. And I told him my investigations and their results. I'm not sure why he's not posted yet, but hopefully he will before dying, since I'm pretty sure he will soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:11 pm 
Did you tell him you were picking Oreo as a proxy? If so, Trek speaking up could take down Oreo, Ama, and fmajluf7 in one fell swoop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:28 pm 
You know, if aok were even more clever, he totally could have made all of mafia's kills himself. I would make literally no difference that he would lose his don powers, because everyone would think that aok would have don powers if he were mafia, and so they wouldn't investigate him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:33 pm 
Yeah he knew Oreo was my proxy, and yeah I really hope he says something.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:41 pm 
Trek has the power to incriminate half of all mafia aligned players with the simple phrase:
"regirock investigated that fmajluf7 killed Austin Fathman; Oreo was her proxy."
Just like (I think) jhgilles could have incriminated Aradhana by saying that he saw her killing Jakob.

Seriously, why won't people speak up? I'm rolling over in my grave here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 pm 
Yaaassss trek says something

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:44 pm 
Wow, he just incriminated a completely different mafia than the three I had posted about. Wow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:44 pm 
But nothing about regirock's investigation! He has the power to incriminate 3 and has only done 1 yet :/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:48 pm 
No, he can incriminate 3 more on top of the one he already has. So he has done 1/4.

Come one Trek, you can be the Santiago of this game...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:55 pm 
So I'm not sure he knows about the ama thing, and I actually hadn't realized that you could talk to NPs about mafia after you died, and he found out about the Oreo thing because of asking NPs I'd talked to (sorry gods- I'll remember that for next time). So that's why he hasn't posted about those

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:57 pm 
On my death:

I could have prevented it. I blame sleep dep and hosage and also feeling that I had lived much longer than I should have. When I was writing up my last post about why mafia hadn't killed me yet, I was pretty I was going to get killed at 3. It was out of the way, and I was going from a lab to an exam review session. Not things I can easily miss. I was walking up stairs and I saw someone waiting outside 68-181. She hadn't seen me yet. I probably could have turned around and left through the tunnels or disappeared enough to get a message to mads before walking into my death. Instead I stopped for a second and then continued upstairs. She looked up from her phone, strolled over as I finished going up the final steps, and BANGed me.

I haven't gotten spoiled on much just that aok is mafia. I'm not even sure who killed me. I think it was cstubbe but I'm not actually sure.

I'm kind of annoyed that I got killed now. There's an exam review going on and all I want to do is catch up on game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:02 pm 
regirock wrote:
So I'm not sure he knows about the ama thing, and I actually hadn't realized that you could talk to NPs about mafia after you died, and he found out about the Oreo thing because of asking NPs I'd talked to (sorry gods- I'll remember that for next time). So that's why he hasn't posted about those

Oh, okay if he found out about Oreo from NPs you talked to while dead, then he shouldn't tell that to anyone. But if you told him that you found that fmajluf7 killed Austin Fathman while you were alive, he should definitely be telling people that. That result incriminates fmajluf7, and then it incriminates Ama because she reported that fmajluf7 didn't. So Trek wouldn't know he would be incriminating Ama.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:05 pm 
Oh alright, I was wondering what people were talking about with Ama. And yeah I've told him that it's not legit tonpost that, and he found out the fmajluf7 thing while I was alive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:12 pm 
Has he told anyone about the fmajluf7 thing yet?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:13 pm 
Ugh why is mafia ignoring their serial killer's sensible suggestion to just use manipulate the press on this. It would likely save Katy (at least for another day) and probably get Trek lynched (if used with plant evidence, they could even convince town they made the right choice and maybe permanently save Katy). There is no downside to making this kill disappear.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:17 pm 
MtP sets the number of clues to 0, rather than making the person being investigated show up negative. Quite possibly they don't want to use it now that the murder site has been sitting around so long, because investigators could have already grabbed clues. Also, the lack of clues would indicate MtP and Katy would probably get lynched anyway because it would be clear mafia were trying to cover the kill up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:20 pm 
Right. I forget about the clues system (I've never played with it before). OK that makes sense then. The best they can get is have aok report the guilty and maybe manage to make himself look a bit less sketch.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:24 pm 
Aok volunteered to get lynched tomorrow (and committed to it at the start of game). Someone should really call him out if he tries to wiggle out of it. And as Anpere wisely pointed out, he's still alive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:29 pm 
Grrr...Trek, say something!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:57 pm 
Okay, Trek finally said something! Yay!

Also, yay Justine for not telling gay knights about the ICN (even though these were actually legit knights to start).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:11 pm 
Yikes Justine has been on 4e for 1.5 hours and Ama has been acting soooo hilariously trying not to freak out about her and then ara just killed her :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:34 pm 
wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I can't belive aok is mafia
or Ama
SHE LOOKED SURPRISED WHEN I INTRODUCED MYSELF TO HER!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next