Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rules and Introductions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:57 pm 
Hello, listeners.

The weather is beautiful outside of the radio station tonight. A bit of a warm wind blowing through, of course, but that's just how it is around here. The stars are shining, the moon is bright, and there is not a cloud in the sky. It's perfect weather for star-gazing, if I do say so myself.

Some strange people came by the town square today. They wore suits, all black, and came in a car with World Government license plates. Who are they? Why are they here? No one knows, but some kids playing in the area said they overheard them discussing scary words, like 'manhunt' and 'capture'. They seemed to be looking for something... or someone.

I don't know what such people would be looking for in our little town, listeners, but best be on the safe side. Lock your doors, keep the pets inside, and perhaps consider staying out of their way until the trouble has passed.

On an unrelated note, the old factory by the outskirts of town appears to have been finally sold to someone today. Farmer Stan by the old gas station nearby mentioned seeing some men milling around outside the decrepit building, carrying heavy sacks and large, metal containers.

'It looked like they were clearing things out,' he said, 'maybe moving things in.'

The factory's been left abandoned since its invasion and subsequent carpet-bombing back in 2007, when a small team of intrepid mole people attacked the building, chased out its workers, and declared the surrounding area the first mole-person stronghold in the land of the sun-walkers. This was, of course, followed by a quick response from our City Council, which immediately sent out its team of unmarked fighter jets to handle the issue in a calm and respectful manner.

These unmarked fighter jets, of course, do not actually exist. And anyone claiming otherwise is deluded and possibly dangerous, and should report immediately to the school gym to be re-educated.

Speaking of our mighty City Council, a memo has just been issued out from the mayor's office to all residents. It's full of letters and strings in some foreign languages of old, but also contains instructions for handling the strange men who have just appeared in town. And since we here at the radio station believe in the dissemination of information, I will reproduce the memo here for you, listeners, so that you may be just as informed as your neighbors on the current state of the town.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fGMdGDrRUn649KzrPWD_dCq4jzV3TX-mFOeknu2HH_o/

And it seems we are out of time for this session, so I suppose we will end this here. Goodnight, listeners, sleep tight. And remember to read through the City Council's memo before heading off to bed tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:34 pm 
Hey all! Game is officially open now, so feel free to start strategizing and doing sketchy things! This thread is basically for general introductions -- everyone playing should post some basic information so that others may easily find them should the need arise.

For this reason, please post to this thread the following information:

1. Your name
2. Your room at ET
3. Other places you usually hang out at
4. Your daily schedule

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:48 pm 
Hey everyone! My name is Daniel. I live in Dungeon on the bottom floor of ET. During the day, between 10am and 6pm I am in 26-321 or out getting lunch or something. I will probably be killed early, as people have lots of excuses to come to dungeon, as I am the treasurer of ET.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:09 pm 
Hi guys! My name is Francesca and I live in Big Back. I wake up at 10 am -ish and go to sleep at midnight -ish. From 2 pm -ish to 6 pm -ish I'm in MIT, either in 16-168, my UROP (66-5xx) or the Alumni pool/showers. From 6 pm -ish to 10 pm -ish I'm in some floor of bldg. 36 dancing ballroom or working deskal at McCormick.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm 
Hey peeps!

I'm Lucy. I live in temple on the basement level.

I... Don't really have a set schedule. Sorry.

On Saturday, I'll head over to EC and pick up some things from np ishara. I'll probably go on the first saferide and be back on the second saferide.

I might head to campus during the day and hang out in MacGregor. If so, I'll probably head back on the first saferide.

Sunday, I'm maybe going contra dancing at 8pm. I'm also maybe doing an unspecified volunteer thing at an unspecified time and place (idk yet will update when I have more info)

Basically, I'll try and post here if I emerge from temple for noticeable periods of time.
Other than this, I'll probably be in temple unpacking.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:26 am 
1. Your name: Erin, hi
2. Your room at ET: big back, although I hang out in front rooms/chapter room and dungeon a lot
3. Other places you usually hang out at: nowhere cause I'm lazy
4. Your daily schedule:
I wake up at 6:10 to get ready for work. I leave the house at 7 to take the CT2 to campus and there, take the lincoln buses. from 8:30 to 7 I work at Lincoln Labs. I get home at 9.

on weekends I'm usually around ET unless I have a meeting on campus. those usually happen on sunday

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:30 pm 
1. My name is Arkadiy Frasinich
2. I am currently in Icebox
3. If I'm not at ET, I will almost certainly be somewhere on MIT campus. That said, I'm usually at ET for the first half of the day and after 11-12ish every night. When I'm on campus, my exact location is often different and described below:
4. On Sunday I will be in EC on Putz (2nd floor on the West side) from 3 until some later point in the day. I will probably spend most of Monday somewhere in ET, either my room or in Front/Chapter room. On Tuesday I will be in Lobdell from 8-10:30PM for Tech Squares, and on Wednesday I'm in 24-121 for a meeting between 7:30PM and around 10PM. I would strongly prefer that anyone coming there for mafia reasons come before 7:30, as I don't really want the meeting to be interrupted. If game goes past this, I'll update this with what I'll be doing on later days.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:14 pm 
I'm Alex. I live in Right Front.

On Sunday, I'll be at ET running a tabletop. On Monday, I'll probably be visiting a friend for the evening. I don't think the game will last later that that.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:35 pm 
Hi I'm Lisa and posting this intro pretty late. I'm in McCormick room 609 and will be at ET certain nights I have off (this Tuesday night is one). I'll be in the building 34/38 5th floor lab during the day, though please don't kill me if I'm sitting in the classroom there while there's a person teaching. If I'm in the lab area it should be ok, but please no disguises. Also, if you kill me at McCormick don't dress in a disguise - there are high school girls on the floor and I don't want them to get scared. Quanquan's on my floor, you could ask her for help in killing me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:23 am 
Hi I'm Matt and I didn't even realize this intro was a thing until just now. I live in middle front. During the day I'm at work and behind an impenetrable wall of security. At all other times I'll be at ET, probably in my room. I'll be working late all week since I have Friday off. Expect me back around 7pm.

I get up at 6:30 for work and leave at 7:20. I leave work for lunch around Tech Square at noon.