Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: General plans
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:14 am 
In a 9-person game with 2 mafia, I think we're in pretty good shape to start with. We just need to kill lots of people really quickly, and then we'll soon be able to outvote the town.

We should both pick a cover role to pretend to be. I'll pretend to be an investigator/superhero (functionally equivalent with these rules...). I think a good cover for you, asjm, would be desperado. It might buy you some time, and it won't be especially suspicious that you haven't gone desperado yet a couple days down the road. I think vigilante might also be a reasonable cover role, but if there's a real vigilante in town, they might get suspicious because 2 vigilantes is probably too strong in such a small game. Same with 2 cynics being too strong.

Assuming the gods reply in the affirmative to my rules question about using a hitman, I think we should hire a hitman right away to make an early day 1 kill at ET right after 11pm, probably to kill Lucy. Lucy is the most dangerous player to us, IMO, and we need to take her out as soon as possible. This will cast suspicion on fmajluf7, as well as Daniel Grazian (who is going over there tonight to play a board game). If day 0 item transfers are also allowed, then it's quite likely that Daniel Grazian will give her his medkit, so we should tell the hitman to use kaboom.

Otherwise, the two of us should make kills pretty much every day. We should aim for at least 2 town deaths per day. I think we should make you the don, because I'm more likely to crash and burn. We should use our mafia powers, in particular set a trap and slaughter the weak, pretty liberally.

I can kill Lane (I'm going to see him on Tuesday), and Daniel Grazian. You can get to the EC players. This leaves Miranda (we can poison her), and fmajluf7 (assuming we hitmanned Lucy, we hope she gets lynched).

Post subject: Re: General plans
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:15 am 
Oh haha, perfect, we have both the mic and the receiver. You hold onto yours, I'll give my mic to Dgrazian to make him trust me.

I might also claim to be poisoned at 11pm tonight. It might look sketchy, but it'll buy me some time to be able to make risky kills (like killing Lane on Tuesday; I'm going drinking with him for his 21st...). We can poison someone for real (probably Miranda/whoever is hardest to kill) on Wednesday night when I'll be revealed as mafia because I lied about the poison.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:45 pm 
I can probably do that.

What does a nonsketchy desperado's strategy generally look like?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:53 pm 
A real desperado would probably activate pretty soon after game start, in such a small game, or even activate on day 0. I think you could probably pull off waiting until day 3 or so to "activate", just by pretending that you're not paying a whole lot of attention to the game.

I doubt we'll be able to get much useful role information, so we should probably just start guessing on the Set a Traps. We have 3 of them, and we can set 1 trap per day. By the time we run out (day 3), the game will probably be just about over anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:43 pm 
Is there any reason you're claiming poison today, rather than the next day? (After all, they won't have reason to suspect us until we actually start killing people ourselves.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:54 pm 
Yeah, you're right; I probably won't end up claiming poison. (Also because the gods don't seem to have decided on whether poison would be allowed on day 0 anyway.) Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I think dgrazian at the very least might suspect me if shady things go down at ET tonight, but he wouldn't have any proof.