Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rules questions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:57 am 
1. Are item transfers allowed to happen before 11pm tonight?
2. May we hire a hitman before 11pm tonight in order to make a kill right after 11pm tonight?

Post subject: Re: Rules questions
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:28 am 
I'd say yes to both questions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:12 am 
Ok, thanks. And would we be allowed to poison someone before 11pm today, such that they die at 11pm on Wednesday?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:51 am 
So we actually didn't give you guys any poisons this game (see here for a list of your available powers), because we thought that too much firepower would make a quick brute force victory too likely. I don't think we made this known to town, but you might want to keep this in mind for whatever plans you make.

I'm also not sure we made it clear to town that item transfer on day 0 is OK (it probably wasn't last game). We'll probably discuss this some more before making a final decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:02 am 
Ah darn. That's too bad. If a townie asked you whether poison is in the game, what would your reply be?

When you decide on day 0 item transfers, you probably should let the town know what the ruling is.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:27 am 
Just in case, here are answers to your questions per the announcement just posted in town square:

Item transfer on day zero is NOT allowed. We would answer a question about the existence of poison with "maybe." Not sure if we'd allow poisoning on day zero (we'll discuss in the evening), so I'd recommend against making that claim unless we decide the answer is yes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 pm 
Also, a heads up that we probably gave you guys too many powers. We'll likely remove a few to prevent OPness after discussing further later today, but not in a way that should affect anything you're currently planning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:22 pm 
OK, a decision has been reached: You only have 1 charge of MtP. Nothing else changes.

Also, poison is NOT allowed on day zero. Plan accordingly.

--Posting in the Mafia Den

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:30 pm 
Noted.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:28 pm 
Does a day where a hitman makes a kill but no mafia members make a kill, count as a no-kill day? I.e. if we don't make a kill today, will we be penalized?