Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:30 pm 
The game hasn't started yet (it will on midnight). You can't take game actions yet, but feel free to discuss here and tell everyone how you're absolutely definitely not Mafia.

Last edited by Alex on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:42 pm 
And I hope you will help elect me for mayor!

Post subject: Day 0 (Saturday 1/8)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:44 pm 
Let me post this reminder here too, just in case: You can't collect signatures for Mayor until midnight.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:
And I hope you will help elect me for mayor!

No, me!

In every game I've played with y'all, I've never been mafia. So clearly I can't be mafia in this game either. It's Science™.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:03 pm 
I am not a mafia on the basis that I look sketchy. Sketchy people never do bad things*.

I am also not running for mayor on the basis that I look sketchy. Sketchy people never win political offices**.

*in an organized way!

**in simulations based on rational expectations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 pm 
Disappointingly I don't have any special role - I'm just a townpersons :-(.

So tomorrow we need to vote for who to lynch ... unless more people start talking that will be difficult .. apart from some sarcasm from Fluffy and Jayarsea we don't have anything to go on ...

We should try to get the medkit to someone important - either the politician/Mad scientist/Investigator - I think the Mad Scientist is probably the most important out of those ... so whoever wants the medkit should PM the person with the Medkit (Kaima?) (that seems safe even if the person with the MedKit is Mafia..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:45 pm 
^That's a terrible idea. If the person with the medkit WAS mafia, why would they actually hand it over? That would be just giving them an excuse to arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone with special abilities, where they could easily kill them.

Also, it would be too easy for a mafia member to claim to have one of these abilities, and take control of the medkit that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:56 pm 
Oh right - so a solution might be: arrange a meeting with the MedKit holder (Kaima), but in the presence of a third member; so if Kaima actually is Mafia she'll be revealed if she tries to kill the person requesting the MedKit (unless the third person is Mafia too ... which is pretty unlikely, as long as the third person is chosen in sufficiently random way)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:17 am 
No, just... no. You are either mafia or bad at this; one assumption is a premature accusation and the other is a bit rude of me, so I'm sorry for either. Anyway, people do not show up to meetings at perfectly exact times, so even if there would be evidence for a kill, what if one of the three people scheduled to be at the meeting was mafia, and the mafia chose to conscribe the person who has the medkit? Someone claiming to be the mad scientist (I do not believe they would reveal themselves to anyone this early) could trivially do so. Also, I do not think we are informed of when items change hands, just the GM does (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So the whole exchange would be ultra-sketchy, especially if you're saying that someone is PMing kaima about it.

If an exchange is even going to happen under similar conditions as this, it needs to be public, BUT that's *still* a bad idea because it would let the mafia know who the mad scientist is.

In other words, what should happen is that IF and WHEN kaima knows someone she thinks she should contact about handing the medkit to for strategic purposes, she should be the one contacting them about it, and they can bring as many friends they trust as they want to the exchange. Obviously, she should also be free to bring friends she trusts.

But you shouldn't be rushing anything like that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]