Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:08 am 
Yesterday, No-Lynch won out against the minority voting for Daniel Grazian and nobody was lynched. Discuss.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 am 
I'm interested in those who voted for Daniel. It seemed from the previous thread that the general consensus was No-Lynch. I guess it makes sense, since Daniel lives in Random and was very vocal about unleashing the investigator on specific other people. Daniel, was there a reason why you chose those specific people to be investigated? And people who voted for Daniel, was it for the reason I've figured, or did you have your own reasons?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:33 am 
Daniel expressed interest in investigating Kate. Kate is one of only three people that voted for Daniel with no prior warning.

It is obvious that there is some kind of group that dislikes Daniel; this does not mean that they are mafia, but it means that they are sketchy. It also means that, for whatever reason (_possibly_ just because they suspect him to be mafia), they want to get rid of a very known-strong player early.

Also, it seems like they somehow acquired and used an item that belonged to Mats (also, Alex, wasn't that fake ID #3, not 2? I'm assuming you were more likely to mess up the number than the name), though mats might have used that himself and for some reason not actually voted using his real identity.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:40 am 
fluffy wrote:
mats might have used that himself and for some reason not actually voted using his real identity.

Alex, is this permitted?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 am 
Yes.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:42 am 
Do you think it would be fair to assume that the mafia all voted the same way?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:44 am 
@daniel - First off- Thanks for adding the non-randomites to your guest list! I also think the interaction and communication is important in this game and I think nightly mafia games are a great idea! However, it's a 2-way street. Where were you when Laura was killed?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:49 am 
Well, from past games and regular table mafia games, I'd say it's safe to assume that (unless one of the mafia were AWOL and didn't get the memo). What's common, though, especially during regular table mafia, is that the mafia usually "bandwagon" along with the majority to avoid suspicion. This usually means that the mafia aren't super loudspoken, oftentimes only chiming in when the hour to vote approaches. They have to speak up eventually, or else we would raise suspicion as to why they voted without saying anything, but I don't think they would forcefully steer the vote away from one person unless that one person happened to be mafia... and even so, that's a very obvious move.

tl;dr - the Mafia usually vote together, but usually never speak up early and/or together about a specific person (in order to avoid suspicion). Usually bandwagon with the populace later in the day, especially if the person they are hoping to lynch is an innocent.

These people voted yesterday without really contributing much to the discussion:
alexwest
Lydia
mika


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 am 
fluffy wrote:
Also, it seems like they somehow acquired and used an item that belonged to Mats (also, Alex, wasn't that fake ID #3, not 2? I'm assuming you were more likely to mess up the number than the name), though mats might have used that himself and for some reason not actually voted using his real identity.

I was mistaken. It should have been Fake ID #2 (Al Pacino). Sorry for the error! I've fixed it now.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:52 am 
Announcement: Shortly after midnight, JB Parkes became Mayor.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:53 am 
I voted this way due to news I was told about Daniel that I thought was brought to the attention of others. This was inspired by Kate, so I feel as though she would be able to share this information better than I could.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 am 
VivianLee wrote:
Well, from past games and regular table mafia games, I'd say it's safe to assume that (unless one of the mafia were AWOL and didn't get the memo). What's common, though, especially during regular table mafia, is that the mafia usually "bandwagon" along with the majority to avoid suspicion. This usually means that the mafia aren't super loudspoken, oftentimes only chiming in when the hour to vote approaches. They have to speak up eventually, or else we would raise suspicion as to why they voted without saying anything, but I don't think they would forcefully steer the vote away from one person unless that one person happened to be mafia... and even so, that's a very obvious move.

tl;dr - the Mafia usually vote together, but usually never speak up early and/or together about a specific person (in order to avoid suspicion). Usually bandwagon with the populace later in the day, especially if the person they are hoping to lynch is an innocent.


Hey Alex, are we told the order in which people vote?

VivianLee wrote:
These people voted yesterday without really contributing much to the discussion:
alexwest
Lydia
mika


To be fair, mika wasn't around very much.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 am 
JB Parkes wrote:
Hey Alex, are we told the order in which people vote?


No. The order in which I list the voter names is alphabetical.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:08 am 
To clarify my post, I was speaking more of when they decided to announce their vote, not when their votes actually occurred.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:10 am 
Of the people who live in Random:

People who provided alibis (or had one provided for them):
AmiGreene
Brian Iglesias
Brogan
Elizabeth Krueger
JB Parkes
Lydia Krasilnikova
mika

People who haven't (although it's very likely that I missed yours by accident)
alexwest
Bobby Fortanely
Daniel Grazian
Fluffy
kaima
Kate O'Connor
mats_a

Can you guys tell us where you were?

I will probably visit Random sometime tomorrow with Hilary too :)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:25 am 
The reason I voted for Daniel is because he talked a lot for a while, but suddenly became quiet when somebody brought up the alibi suggestion. Don't people who usually talk a lot like to prove that they are innocent in the first place? That was I was thinking. I was surprised that other people vote for him too.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:31 am 
And plus I was a little bit afraid of speaking up (I'm not really good at this game) and get involved in some serious conversation, and plus I forgot that the votes are going to be posted and ppl are gonna see who I voted anyways =_=, otherwise I would have explained...I think from now on I need to make myself more clear...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 am 
^ that's a good point... and he still has yet to provide us with an alibi. Is he still playing regular mafia with people at Random?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:32 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Do you think it would be fair to assume that the mafia all voted the same way?


Not even a little bit.

Alex wrote:
I was mistaken. It should have been Fake ID #2 (Al Pacino). Sorry for the error! I've fixed it now.


Oh, thanks for that new info. Sorry everyone, it was Brian that _may_ have voted using the fake ID but not his real one. NOT MATS. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AGAINST MATS; I AM SORRY FOR THE MISINFORMED ACCUSATION.



As far as asking about alibis, I was in my room. I am spending the majority of IAP studying Japanese here. In other words, I have no solid alibi whatsoever. People who don't know the time of the murder in advance can't plant themselves at some confirmably unsuspicious location =.="


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:34 am 
Though I would like to hear Kate's supposed accusation of Daniel.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:43 am 
fluffy wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Do you think it would be fair to assume that the mafia all voted the same way?


Not even a little bit.


No, I don't think that's quite right fluffy. Rather, to assume the mafia all voted for dgrazien is a bit far-fetched; however to assume they all followed the majority and voted No-lynch when that at the very least ensures their safety isn't unreasonable.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 am 
No, assuming means acting under the idea that such definitely was the case. There were enough people randomly voting for Daniel out of nowhere that I don't think that's fair to do, though I agree that they wouldn't have all voted for him without discussing it with everyone else.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: question
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:49 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Do you think it would be fair to assume that the mafia all voted the same way?


No, especially given who voted for whom is clear knowledge...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 am 
Way to go not reading all the other posts, JRC


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 am 
Starting to look like a triple post...


In the future, I strongly recommend that ALL PLAYERS INDICATE WHO THEY INTEND TO VOTE FOR IN THEIR POSTS.

Perhaps by doing the following Vote: Suchandso

The mafia will be organized. We will not be, unless we get together.

Besides, it'll make it easier to track down fakeID votes.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:55 am 
My apologies, I'm used to forums where I can edit my posts...

Why do we have a mayor at all? It was discussed on D1 about why it's a bad idea. If it's in a mafian's hands, then we're screwed. If it's in an innocent's hands, it's blind luck, until we have something clearcut.

I'd much rather give it to a confirmed innocent than to someone blindly on D1.

I'll be voting to impeach JB Parkes everyday.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:59 am 
Oh, that explains why I didn't notice you on the playerlist. I only think of you in initials, not phonetically.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:31 am 
Brogan wrote:
I voted this way due to news I was told about Daniel that I thought was brought to the attention of others. This was inspired by Kate, so I feel as though she would be able to share this information better than I could.

What made you think that this news was brought to our attention? Especially for those of us not currently living in Random, the main way we get information is via the forums, and Kate definitely did not post anything about Daniel on the forums (which you could have easily checked). Either way, I've spotted Kate online a couple of times but she hasn't posted anything since Day 0.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:22 am 
I will go post by post and respond wherever a question has been asked of me and wherever I think it appropriate to respond:

Post #2 (Vivian Lee):
I was very vocal about the investigators using their powers tonight in general because if they fail to make an investigation in a given night, then that investigation is lost. I suggested Amy, Lydia, kaima, and Kate because I found them marginally more suspicious than the others who were apparently at Random at the time of Laura's death. I am not (yet) accusing them of being mafia; rather I was stating who I would investigate if I were an inspector for the benefit of a possible investigator(s) living outside of Random who would otherwise be choosing who to investigate completely arbitrarily.

Post #3 (fluffy):
To be honest I mentioned Kate rather arbitrarily; I wanted to reduce the risk that the two inspectors would choose the same person in case they both happened to follow my advice.

Post #7 (Hilary.Monaco):
I was at Random at 6:49p.m. I was probably in my room, though I don't remember precisely where I was at that exact time. I would have fairly recently returned from dinner at Baker. It is therefore fully reasonable for me to be on the list of suspects. It would be fully reasonable to investigate me for the killing. However it is not reasonable to start voting to lynch me on the first day and/or to incite others to do the same, just because I have made myself actively involved in the game and am trying to encourage others to use good strategy.

Post #8 (Vivian Lee):
Vivian is absolutely correct that it would be a horrifically poor choice for the mafia to all vote for me, especially when it was pretty clear that No Lynch was going to win.

Post #11 (Brogan)
The most interesting post to me yet. I believe Brogan, simply because her explanation would be too easy to disprove if it weren't true. But I very much want to know what Kate was doing trying to get others to vote for me. I do not believe I did anything that should have made her suspicious (she certainly suggested nothing of the such to me) besides listing her as 1 of 4 people for the investigators to consider investigating. This is a far cry from accusing her of being mafia, and should not be considered unduly suspicious from her perspective.

Post #12 (JB Parkes):
I should also note that I talked to alexwest extensively and she seems reasonably believable to me. Don't forget that a lot of communication and discussion occurs in person. Everybody should use the forum some though.

Post #15 (joy):
See note to Post #7 for my response.

Post #16 (Di):
I disagree with Di's logic, but this seems like a reasonable excuse. Until I began writing this mammoth of a post I had not checked the forum since my last post at 9:32 p.m. As noted above, I don't really have a verifiable alibi (I think I was in my room at 6:49 p.m.) so I didn't bother to write this then. The enormous slew of alibis from which the absence of my own Di found unusual came after I had read the forum for the last time. I heard after midnight that No Lynch had won (as I had assumed it would) and figured there was nothing important to do on the forum until I checked and found out that no fewer than 3 people had voted to lynch me!

Post #17 (Di):
However, here Di says that she didn't know votes were public. Given this fact, if she were a townsperson it's possible that she would go against the consensus, but if she were mafia she absolutely would.

Post #18 (VivianLee):
See notes above. Table mafia ended right around midnight.

Post #19:
If Brian did vote with his fake ID, I'd like to know why he didn't vote for me with his real one. More likely I think is that he handed it off to somebody else (which would have been the right move!) and that person voted for me twice.

Post #20: (fluffy)
Me too. This is by far what I find most suspicious of the previous 12 hours' events. The explanation that immediately comes to mind based on Brogan's statement is that Kate unsuccessfully attempted to start a large movement to get me lynched.

Post #25:(jayarsea):
In most cases I believe you are correct (though more secrecy might be advisable near the end of the game.)

Post #26: (jayarsea)
If the Mayor were in the mafia's hands we are most definitely not screwed. Three votes is nowhere close to enough to dominate at this point in the game (especially if we follow your advice from your last post.) and he can be impeached any time if we find it necessary. Mayor shouldn't be that big of a deal voting-wise for several days if everybody or almost everybody votes. Feel free to collect a few signatures to impeach him if you want, but I don't think it's that important.

Post #28: (VivianLee): This is a good place for me to end, because Vivian addresses my biggest question. As I mentioned before, an explanation that immediately comes to my mind is that Kate unsuccessfully tried to convince multiple people that I should be lynched (for reasons that I am as of yet entirely unaware of), incorrectly believing that she could gather a plurality. I am looking forward to hearing her explanation.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am 
I took a nap from around 5:30pm yesterday and woke up at 7:00ish. I don't quite remember specific times, but I just remember waking up and going into the lounge to hear that Laura was dead. So yeah, I don't have much of an alibi either, though I have records proving I told an out-of-game person on gchat that I was going to take a nap at 5:16.

to other comments above:

No, I doubt the mafia would have voted together, that'd be too obvious.

I voted no lynch because I don't believe we have enough information yet to make a good judgment on who to lynch.

I don't believe dgrazian is mafia for similar reasons as those mentioned above. Normally the mafia jump on the bandwagon, and dgrazian didn't.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group