Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:58 pm 
On the contrary to accusing Kate, I just found something protecting her, from Day 0 discussion. The following reply is not at all typical of someone who is Mafia ..

Me (slightly foolishly): We should try to get the medkit to someone important - either the politician/Mad scientist/Investigator - I think the Mad Scientist is probably the most important out of those ... so whoever wants the medkit should PM the person with the Medkit (Kaima?) (that seems safe even if the person with the MedKit is Mafia..)

Kate replies: ^That's a terrible idea. If the person with the medkit WAS mafia, why would they actually hand it over? That would be just giving them an excuse to arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone with special abilities, where they could easily kill them.

Also, it would be too easy for a mafia member to claim to have one of these abilities, and take control of the medkit that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:01 pm 
Not to completely snipe the discussion, but... let's stop and think for a moment about what we're arguing here.

If the investigator was indeed fake, then hasn't he/she accomplished what he wanted by making us constantly debate false information? Listen to what you guys are saying - you're arguing "what ifs" and validity of posts. If the mafia were trying to get us to be totally distracted from the real case at hand - finding out who murdered who - then they've done it.

Let's focus on trying to figure out who committed the kills, not "who said something that may or may not be true". Another thing is, whoever has the items, make sure you shuffle them around every so often so that the mafia don't target you for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 pm 
Vinoth wrote:
On the contrary to accusing Kate, I just found something protecting her, from Day 0 discussion. The following reply is not at all typical of someone who is Mafia ..

Kate replies: ^That's a terrible idea. If the person with the medkit WAS mafia, why would they actually hand it over? That would be just giving them an excuse to arrange a face-to-face meeting with someone with special abilities, where they could easily kill them.

The beauty of forums :) If Kate was actually honest in her warning, then, I don't see why - if she was mafia - she would go against the needs of her group. Either this is part of a larger scheme or she's actually innocent.

I should hope that by now the real investigators have some network of connection they can trust. I'm really out of the loop since I live so far away from everyone, but if you get a positive on anything, make sure it somehow gets around to the people you trust..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:16 pm 
I never said it was or was not fake. I may or may not be the anonymous investigator.

I won't say that I"m saying or not saying anything. Does that make any sense?

No, it doesn't.

I wouldn't claim investigator unless I was being lynched or I had a guilty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:19 pm 
So that blog/comment place seems to require an email address. I don't know how those forums work. It says email addresses won't be published, but can the blog author harvest email addresses?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:22 pm 
Presumably you can just enter a false email address and no-one will know.

Anyway: "I may or may not be the anonymous investigator." suggests to me that you are the anonymous investigator. If you weren't, then it would be in your interest to say that you are NOT the anonymous investigator. This also suggests that to me: "I wouldn't claim investigator unless I was being lynched or I had a guilty."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 pm 
Vinoth wrote:
Presumably you can just enter a false email address and no-one will know.

Anyway: "I may or may not be the anonymous investigator." suggests to me that you are the anonymous investigator. If you weren't, then it would be in your interest to say that you are NOT the anonymous investigator. This also suggests that to me: "I wouldn't claim investigator unless I was being lynched or I had a guilty."

No, it really wouldn't be. If I'm a vanillatownsperson, I'd prefer the mafia kill me instead of an investigator/other power role.

"All roleless innocents, take one step back."

Anyway, I'll be voting for VINOTH tonight, if I can't access my computer at a later date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:40 pm 
What have I done to be suspicious?

The only thing I have done is claim that the Investigator post in Day 2 is fake ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:44 pm 
Now all that the Mafia need to do to ensure that I get lynched today is to kill someone inside Sidney-Pacific, thus framing me for the murder ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:51 pm 
Who else is in Sid-pac besides you, Vinoth? Is it just Nicole?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:55 pm 
I think so, yes.

Or if the Mafia wanted to frame me for the murder perhaps they could kill someone like Mark or jayarsea who has accused me ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:01 pm 
It's difficult to sneak up on me. Ask dgrazian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:43 pm 
Hi LAM peoples,

I haven't been on the forum much or into the game very much because I'm stuck here at home with a number of health issues and work issues to take care of. My flight back to Boston, which would have been tomorrow, has been twice canceled already because of weather, so I don't know when I'll be able to return.

While this does free me from blame for killing people, I also understand that it does not free me from conveniently being a mafia who is away from Boston and scheming in the background.

I will say the following two things, and I'll be unlikely to post again until I return to Boston: first, I ask that you not hold it against me that I've been stuck here at home, and my lack of participation as a result. I have other serious issues in real life to take care of.

Second, and for some reason, I feel like this is going to generate a lot of irrelevant conversation about "reverse psychology" and whatnot, but anyways, if you would lynch me out of the game solely on that basis, it's fine. I will have to say though, from people who play non-LAM mafia with me, that I am probably THE most trustworthy non-mafia member you could have because I hate lying (i.e. I don't like to tell lies) and as a result it's pretty easy to tell if I'm mafia. So for all you townspeople, I'm a valuable asset solely on the fact that I don't like to lie =) This doesn't make me any more effective in mafia-discernment strategy, but it just gives you someone to trust =D

Anyways, good luck with the game, townspeople, and hope to see some of you guys when I get back.....hopefully on Thursday. God willing.

Ask me anything you like. I have nothing to hide. I'll get back to you when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:32 pm 
I'm trying to organize a mob from Random to the Next House thing that was mentioned earlier (if that's still happening?), hoping to get up enough people so that no one in the group will be murdered on the way there or back. Planning on meeting probably in bmf around 10:30ish. Anyone interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:55 pm 
Where are we meeting for the Next House thing? TFL?

Also, I don't see how Vinoth is suspicious. I actually think JRC is being more suspicious b/c of the comments with anonymous investigator.

It's hard to judge b/c I haven't seen any of you guys in person. :\

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm 
joy wrote:

Also, I don't see how Vinoth is suspicious. I actually think JRC is being more suspicious b/c of the comments with anonymous investigator.

Can you elaborate beyond saying I'm suspicious because I'm suspicious?

Post subject: bad idea
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm 
Vinoth wrote:
To Jayarsea:
Yes inspector for innocent life is not a good trade. But it didn't have to be a trade - yesterday we had the MedKit on our side presumably, we could have arranged for the MedKit to go to the Inspector (but of course this would prompt Mafia to impersonate again to get the Medkit so I guess this doesn't work well either ...)

That would be a terrible, terrible idea. If a real inspector revealed him/herself and then was publicly given the medkit, the mafia would just conscript him/her, eliminating one inspector AND the medkit. I'm surprised no one pointed this out in response to this post earlier.

Vinoth, it seems like you are either not thinking through scenarios before you post or you are deliberately suggesting things that work in the Mafia's favor.

Post subject: Re: bad idea
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Vinoth, it seems like you are either not thinking through scenarios before you post or you are deliberately suggesting things that work in the Mafia's favor.

I would actually believe the not thinking things through, given my knowledge of his behavior from the regular mafia in Foo a few days ago.

Not saying that means he isn't the mafia, just that Vinoth not thinking through the entire scenario is a very legitimate possibility in my mind, given what I know about him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
joy wrote:

Can you elaborate beyond saying I'm suspicious because I'm suspicious?

This is hurting my brain...

suspect - adjective |ˈsəsˌpekt|
not to be relied on or trusted; possibly dangerous or false : a suspect package was found on the platform.

suspicious - adjective |səˈspi sh əs|
having or showing a cautious distrust of someone or something : he was suspicious of her motives | she gave him a suspicious look.
• causing one to have the idea or impression that something or someone is of questionable, dishonest, or dangerous character or condition : they are not treating the fire as suspicious.
• having the belief or impression that someone is involved in an illegal or dishonest activity : police were called when staff became suspicious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm 
Mark, like I said right there ("so I guess this doesn't work well either ...") I realized/acknowledged that it is a bad idea and I wasn't seriously suggesting it, I was just thinking about the possibilities. Anyway the medkit is now out of our hands and probably in the Mafia's hands, so there's little point thinking about what to do with it.

Joy, I also do not see why Jayarsea is suspicious. He only accused me because I annoyed him by arguing with him about the credibility of the anonymous investigator and suggesting that he was investigator.

I do not know who to vote for today - I would have voted for Kate again but because of what I said earlier Kate may not be Mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm 
I do not mean to be offensive, but I agree with Mark Velednitsky. Pretty much everything Vinoth has been posting, I think is nonsense.

I will definitely be coming to TFL at 11:00. Elizabeth, I'll probably walk over with you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:34 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
I never said it was or was not fake. I may or may not be the anonymous investigator.

I won't say that I"m saying or not saying anything. Does that make any sense?

No, it doesn't.

I wouldn't claim investigator unless I was being lynched or I had a guilty.

I guess I just thought this post was weird, but I didn't thoroughly read all the posts before that. I also found it sudden that he was accusing Vinoth. If this was solely because of Vinoth's bad suggestion, I'm not convinced. There are enough experienced players here that the mafia shouldn't believe their bad suggestions will actually be followed by the players.

It's very likely that what I'm saying makes no sense (in which case, sorry >_<), I'm typing these things in between experiments in lab lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 pm 
Daniel Grazian wrote:
I do not mean to be offensive, but I agree with Mark Velednitsky. Pretty much everything Vinoth has been posting, I think is nonsense.

I will definitely be coming to TFL at 11:00. Elizabeth, I'll probably walk over with you guys.

TFL= the big first floor lounge? I may attend...if I finish my grad app due today : (

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:56 pm 
=DDDD yes! more ppl the merrier =)

Post subject: Elizabeth Krueger
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:57 pm 
Hey, due to the blizzard, I don't want to be @ tEp tonight, but if I were at random again, I don't want to be on a couch. Could I crash in your room? Alternatively, whose room is the 1 room on bonfire kitchen-side?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm 
JB, I would be okay with letting you sleep in Kate and my room, but you should make sure she's okay with it too. I'll ask her when I see her, but it shouldn't be a problem.

That being said, I'm trusting you not to kill me in my sleep. I've taken to locking my door, so if you end up sleeping with us and any of the three of us die tonight (technically tomorrow early in the morning, but whatever), it should be fairly obvious who was involved.

Or you could sleep in the random open room on Bonfire. Either way works. I don't know whose room it is. You'd probably have to ask around and find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:09 pm 
It also seems reasonable that the Mafia, in order to avoid an accidental double-kill, would have just told one of their own to pick someone convenient. It increases the chance that the murders were done by the same person, who is not necessarily from BMF.

If the Mafia were plotting, it seems likely they may have jointly decided the location of the murders, perhaps because most of them are not from Random (in a strange twist of fate) -- alternatively it may just be that the Mafia chosen to do their dirtywork was lazy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 pm 
The kitchen-side 1 room on bonfire isn't open any more, Enrique has moved in. I'd be happy to offer my room but it's a small half so there's no space ><.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 pm 
Elizabeth Krueger wrote:
so if you end up sleeping with us

(sorry)

Anyway, the only two people are suspicious of today are Vinoth and JRC? I hardly know what's going on right now, because the last time I was here was 3 am (but I did go back and read all the new posts).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:46 pm 
Yes that seems to be the case, but can someone please re-iterate why either me or JRC are considered suspicious?

All I have done is argue about why the Investigator post was a fake, accuse JRC of being Investigator (while someone else accused him of being Mafia in reference to the same post he made) and blabber on about some stupid idea, protecting the Investigator with a MedKit (and I stated then and there that it wasn't such a good idea anyway, so it wasn't as if I was serious about it, just thinking out loud).

Meanwhile, the Mafia seem to be postponing the kill until late at night, to ensure that an innocent person (me or JRC) gets lynched ... Or their Kill didn't work for some reason ...

Unless someone convinces me not to at the 11:00 meet-up I think I am forced to vote No-Lynch.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next