Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 am 
Today should be devoted to gathering ourselves after all the craziness that just happened.

At some point, I'd also like to hear from the following three people (who never voted in the past four days):

AmiGreene
Gabriel
mats_a

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:55 am 
PS: Voting for no lynch yesterday is unacceptable. Either you believe JJ (and Bobby) and lynch fluffy, or you don't and you lynch the other candidate.

Had we no lynched last night, we would be no closer to victory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 am 
Still in the game

alexwest
AmiGreene
Brian Iglesias
Brogan
Daniel Grazian
Di
Fluffy
Gabriel
Hilary.Monaco
Jason Chiu
Jayarsea
JB Parkes
JingJian-JJ
Joy
jy
Kate O'Connor
Mark Velednitsky
mats_a
Nicole
VivianLee

20 alive

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:58 am 
So, we're all safe for the rest of the day. As such, I vote we all get together at some point because we are safe.

(Also impeach JB)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 am 
i say we should all get together and play some table mafia :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:03 am 
I'm def up for that (assuming I can get out of lab). Random/ Next House?

(And the impeaching is underway, I signed the petition just now. We can bring the document with us tomorrow.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:04 am 
Given the Student Center is neutral ground, I suggest we all meet at the fifth floor lobby at, say, 6 PM today?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:05 am 
Unfortunately I will be out and about for most of tomorrow (with decent alibis, I might add), but let me know if table mafia happens after 11pm, and I will be there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:06 am 
ADDENDUM: oh, if it's 6pm I won't be there, but someone let me know what goes on (at least 3 people should have my cell, so just text me if there's something important... I can't think of anything that would be that urgent, though, since we already have our lynch for the day)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:08 am 
Yeah I definitely won't be out of lab by then. I'll drop by when I can though, to see if you guys are still there. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 am 
i'm probably still gonna be in lab at 6pm, too.....=.=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:14 am 
My mystery hunt team is meeting at 7 (this affect JB, too). Any chance we could shoot for 10? I guess it's just the two of us that will miss it, though, so it's not a big deal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 am 
which team r u on? me and my bf are on manic sages
andyeah, we DEFINTELY should have a meeting, however i actually would like to meet at random. (it's not that far =P). so late night would work, and the nexties can just walk back to sc together and take a saferide together, hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:55 am 
10 is fine, 6 was just a sample time.

Here, fill out this Doodle, if you don't mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:44 am 
People aren't hot on the idea of a "cast dinner"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:51 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Today should be devoted to gathering ourselves after all the craziness that just happened.

At some point, I'd also like to hear from the following three people (who never voted in the past four days):

AmiGreene
Gabriel
mats_a

Thanks.

I've been busy with other life things, and as a rule I don't like lynching people on the first turn. But voting no-lynch is effectively a vote for the Mafia. (Not as powerful as voting for an innocent, but Mafia do not need to help the townspeople kill an innocent unless they're being targeted.) I may have also voted with a Fake ID.

It seems obvious though, given that Fluffy is mafia, that he handed his initial James Caan Fake ID to one of {AmiGreene, Gabriel}, which is why both he and James Caan were able to vote at the same time. I can also imagine a situation where Brian may be mafia and he also handed his starting ID to another mafia. Also notice the voting patterns of the Fake IDs.

Anyway, the most suspicious people seem to be Fluffy, AmiGreene (by virtue of being in Random where Fluffy lives and having not voted, having a personality that would probably participate by voting early if she was mafia, and Fake-ID-Caan having voted fairly often) I also suspected Brian slightly, and Gabriel slightly. I also suspect you for bringing this up, since if you were mafia it would be a very good distraction.

imho, people can look at the pattern of the fake IDs up until this point, but should now begin to ignore the fake ID trends in voting for innocents starting now, now that the mafia may be more conscious of it

also I have held onto Fake ID Marlon Brando until sometime today, whereupon I handed it to someone since now mafia may target me.

eh, short post...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:04 am 
I handed off Fake ID #2 on the second day, it may have been traded again since then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:54 am 
Mats, if you have a fake ID you can vote with both your fake ID and your regular vote on the same day (the votes are independent of each other so you could vote for two different people if you wanted.) I think your post was implying that you thought that using the fake ID was an alternative to using your regular vote.

I missed the whole voting drama that occurred before midnight. I had been planning to vote for Bobby earlier, but a group of Randomites (those of us in this game included myself, Kate, and Alex West, went to launch a (snowball) raid on Pika. Contrary to my expectation, we got back after voting had already ended.

So are we meeting at Random tomorrow at 10:00 p.m.? This will both allow us to discuss recent events in safety and it will provide cover for any non-Randomite inspectors to visit any murder sites they haven't already visited.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 am 
Meh, if only things hadn't blown up in such a fucking idiotic way.... Now it would be way too awkward for me to post a speech about pirates at 11:59 tonight TT.TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:36 am 
Nexties, would you like to meet up somewhere and walk to Random together?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:52 am 
I'm going to be downstairs @ desk at 9:30pm, so feel free to meet me there to walk to Random together :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:10 am 
Daniel Grazian wrote:

So are we meeting at Random tomorrow at 10:00 p.m.? This will both allow us to discuss recent events in safety and it will provide cover for any non-Randomite inspectors to visit any murder sites they haven't already visited.

I assume this refers to RST, and actually means Thursday, 10 PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:

AmiGreene
Gabriel
mats_a

Thanks.

Haha, hiya Mark, I just got back not 14 hours ago. I don't know if you read my post somewhere I think in Day 3, but that is why no one has heard from me on the game.

You can click my profile and then the all posts by user thing if you'd like.

I'm all up for discussing things (and I have read through everything, though not necessarily as thoroughly sufficient as those who have been actively involved in the game) but I do need to generally be back and going to bed around 10-11pm. I have health issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:04 am 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
I was just sitting in my room and heard someone say "Bang!", when I came out Krueger and Kate were sitting there, Krueger would not speak and stormed off, Kate refused to divulge information. Based on this and the admission from Fluffy, I'm now voting to lynch Fluffy. I'm also considering a vote to actually lynch Fluffy, but that's another story.

Gah - I miss everything by not being in Random, don't I? Assuming you're not making this up, that does sound pretty convincing (plus, why would Fluffy tell us he's mafia if he's not???) - so I guess I'll be voting for Fluffy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 am 
Vivian and Joy,
I can meet up with you guys at student center and walk to random.
give me a call when you guys leave next!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:12 am 
jayarsea wrote:
PS: Voting for no lynch yesterday is unacceptable. Either you believe JJ (and Bobby) and lynch fluffy, or you don't and you lynch the other candidate.

Wait, what? What if Bobby and Fluffy were both innocent? (As of last night, we had no actual evidence against either of them - just strong suspicions, no?) Then No-lynching last night would have been better for us than killing either of them, and brought us closer to victory because there would be one more townsperson alive.

The way I see it, now that Fluffy has admitted his guilt (I'm assuming he's telling the truth, because why would you make that up?) there are 2 possibilities:
Fluffy and Bobby both mafia - Fluffy admits he's mafia knowing that he will probably get killed off anyways today, distracts us from the fact that we just killed another mafia member and makes us think there's one more mafia in the game
Fluffy mafia, Bobby innocent - we just killed an innocent townsperson, and No Lynch would have been a better outcome (and obviously, lynching Fluffy would have been better than that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:54 am 
Nicole wrote:
jayarsea wrote:

Wait, what? What if Bobby and Fluffy were both innocent? (As of last night, we had no actual evidence against either of them - just strong suspicions, no?) Then No-lynching last night would have been better for us than killing either of them, and brought us closer to victory because there would be one more townsperson alive.

IF you're saying someone coming out as investigator saying that Fluffy killed Laura isn't evidence, THEN Nothing is good evidence. You may as well no lynch everyday. Either you believe or disbelieve her, but no lynch doesn't actually do anything except give the mafia a free pass.
ELSE How do you know that someone is innocent before you lynch them? You don't. It's not fair to say after the fact "we shouldn't have lynched personx because they were innocent..." because at the time of lynching you don't know.

The only reasons I even consider NL on D1 acceptable are...
I think being deprived of the opportunity to play with nearly 0 game history is lame (may as well just pick someone who signed up and not give them a role)
Not everyone may realize the game has started.

Will read and comment on other posts as I see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:10 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Nicole wrote:
jayarsea wrote:

IF you're saying someone coming out as investigator saying that Fluffy killed Laura isn't evidence, THEN Nothing is good evidence. You may as well no lynch everyday. Either you believe or disbelieve her, but no lynch doesn't actually do anything except give the mafia a free pass.
ELSE How do you know that someone is innocent before you lynch them? You don't. It's not fair to say after the fact "we shouldn't have lynched personx because they were innocent..." because at the time of lynching you don't know.

The only reasons I even consider NL on D1 acceptable are...
I think being deprived of the opportunity to play with nearly 0 game history is lame (may as well just pick someone who signed up and not give them a role)
Not everyone may realize the game has started.

Will read and comment on other posts as I see

Oh. Was unaware that JJ came out as investigator and accused Fluffy - that happened after I went to sleep last night. I still think that if Bobby is innocent, a No Lynch would have been preferable to killing him off - but you're right that we have no way to know if he was mafia too.

Alex, rules clarification - is it possible to investigate dead people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:13 pm 
Eeep... just realized I missed the whole end of last night's discussion thread. It was marked as read for some reason (I prly clicked on it and then closed the window or something) so I assumed I had already seen it... got to go read this asap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm 
QUOTE FROM NICOLE: I still think that if Bobby is innocent, a No Lynch would have been preferable to killing him off - but you're right that we have no way to know if he was mafia too. /QUOTE

That's completely true. However, you can't know ever /KNOW/ that someone you lynched is innocent...so it's not really something you can really get around.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next