Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 

Impeach JB? Replace with JJ?
Impeach JB, no replace 50%  50%  [ 8 ]
Impeach JB, replace with JJ 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
Impeach JB, replace with other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't impeach JB 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 16
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 pm 
Assuming JJ is a real investigator*, I believe that it is best that a confirmed innocent be given the power of mayorship. We don't know JB's affiliation. We do know, that if JJ is an investigator that she is almost certainly innocent (unless y'all believe there was a conscription of JJ on the night there was no kill).

I'll be gathering impeachment signatures at our meeting today.
Please, weigh in if you think I'm wildly off base or if you agree...or somewhere in between.

Note that though I have added a poll here, it is NON-binding.

*(I've heard reports that she is exceptionally clever and that this could all be a ruse, but I'm willing to bet it isn't.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:19 pm 
If I'm impeached it means I can't be mayor again. =(

I'll sign the petition if you need me too. I find it farfetch'd to think that JJ would try to lynch fluffy to save Bobby if she were mafia. Xanatos Gambit[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:20 pm 
Who voted to not impeach me? PM me please. I'm curious of your reasoning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:22 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:
Who voted to not impeach me? PM me please. I'm curious of your reasoning.

I wanted to know that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 pm 
Wow... a medkit holder that is also an investigator/mayor. That's got a lot of juicy conscription potential...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:39 pm 
Are you saying that JB shouldn't be impeached, Marc?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm 
I voted to impeach JB and not replace him with JJ. That's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:45 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
I voted to impeach JB and not replace him with JJ. That's all.

Fair enough. I'm somewhat annoyed at the anonymous "don't impeach" vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Wow... a medkit holder that is also an investigator/mayor. That's got a lot of juicy conscription potential...

Agreed. Regardless of whether JJ is currently mafia or not (and in fact there is a slim possibility that JJ was already conscripted and outing Fluffy was all part of a scheme to sow chaos, which it has), the fact remains that we do not know for certain that the mafia has already used up its conscription. Throwing that much power into the hands of one individual is begging for a prompt assassination at the least and a conscription at the worst.

Also, we don't really have that much reason to impeach JB right now, do we? Or is there some valid claim why he shouldn't be mayor that I'm missing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:

Agreed. Regardless of whether JJ is currently mafia or not (and in fact there is a slim possibility that JJ was already conscripted and outing Fluffy was all part of a scheme to sow chaos, which it has), the fact remains that we do not know for certain that the mafia has already used up its conscription. Throwing that much power into the hands of one individual is begging for a prompt assassination at the least and a conscription at the worst.

Agreed x2. I'm mainly concerned about the conscription ordeal - it seems like so much is riding on whether or not the mafia have used it, and subsequently whom they chose or will choose.
My mind is kind of shot right now.. will discuss more with you guys in person @ table mafia tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:

Also, we don't really have that much reason to impeach JB right now, do we? Or is there some valid claim why he shouldn't be mayor that I'm missing?

On one hand, Brian, you're against letting one innocent have a lot of power. On the other hand, you like that JB's vote power is three times the standard innocent's power. Hmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:34 pm 
There's a difference between letting the various powers be in play and having them be grouped all into one person's hands. There is no clear advantage gained from having no mayor, and the mayor power is in fact wasted if this is the case. However, having an investigator also be mayor and also be equipped with the medkit is, in my opinion, entrusting far too much power into one individual's hands. It is better, in my opinion, to have these factors spread out so that a single kill or conscription isn't enough to destroy or corrupt them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 pm 
I definitely don't think we should make JJ mayor. I don't think she's mafia - I guess it's possible that the mafia could have sacrificed Fluffy to make us trust her, but that just doesn't seem likely. But there's still a chance that the Mafia haven't used their conscription, and if an inspector/mayor got conscripted we'd be completely screwed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm 
I agree with Brian. Let's assume JJ is indeed investigator, which we're reasonable but not completely sure of. Eventually, we will find out who the politician is, too. In total, this gives us two people that we trust... we could give the medkit to one and make the other into mayor: that would be an adequate distribution of power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:26 pm 
How curious it is that this is being done by anonymous poll, rather than a petition with signatures. Are the mafia afraid people will see their signatures to elect JJ, if she is mafia?

I'm not sure what people think of JJ, I just know I don't trust her after she has accused me. Electing a mayor at the start is fine, but it makes no sense to then impeach him unless you have strong doubts, and it's much much worse to elect others the mafia might be trying to put into power (since they may vote as a block, especially with an anonymous poll).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:27 pm 
LOL mats, are u seriously accusing ME???
zomg ur so mafia period

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:29 pm 
JingJian-JJ wrote:
LOL mats, are u seriously accusing ME???
zomg ur so mafia period

I did not accuse you, I said it would make sense depending on whether people thought you were innocent or not. It only makes sense for me to think you're mafia after you wrote... I don't know... a few pages accusing me for a crime I'm obviously not guilty of. (Well, maybe obvious to me... not to some. =p)

After all, if the mafia chose to... I don't know... conscript the mayor (if they haven't already conscripted JB or something), electing a new mayor would be a bad choice.

Sane townsfolk would not want a mayor unless they were sure conscription had already been used. It probably was, in which case they want to elect a mayor they trust. Maybe they trust you. That's fine. But I obviously can't trust you after your accusations (you seem so shocked?). And they wouldn't want to risk electing a mafia to office, that would just lose them the game, unless they were sure the person they were electing is innocent.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]