Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:22 am 
Yesterday, nobody was murdered, and Kate O'Connor was lynched. Discuss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:29 am 
Kate was confirmed mafia, as she attempted to assassinate me last evening around 11:30 - I barely managed to escape. We should be now down to three mafia maximum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 am 
I'll just say what everyone's thinking - there was probably a conscription yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:45 am 
No, I think the conscription was on day 3, and it was of Kate, who was the other investigator. Thus conscripted, she attempted to kill me when it became evident that she was going to be lynched, since there are now very few Randomites left and with Mystery Hunt over it's harder for non-Randomite mafia to sneak in for a kill unannounced. I know she also attempted to kill Ami based on the conversation that occurred outside my door prior to the attempt on my life. I suspect the remaining mafia are located in non-Random dorms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:53 am 
Oh, so she was -actually- the investigator and not just trying to cover for fluffy? When did she come out to you guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 am 
Everything that was stated two days ago about her coming out to us as being the investigator on day 2 was true. I believe her story about covering for Brogan was a lie made to get in a free innocent lynch before being killed, and then killing me or Ami would have snagged her a free kill on top of that before getting lynched. Like I said, I think she covered for fluffy because she was conscripted on day 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:09 am 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Everything that was stated two days ago about her coming out to us as being the investigator on day 2 was true. I believe her story about covering for Brogan was a lie made to get in a free innocent lynch before being killed, and then killing me or Ami would have snagged her a free kill on top of that before getting lynched. Like I said, I think she covered for fluffy because she was conscripted on day 3.

That makes complete and total sense.
So the only options for yesterday were that a Medkit was used (unlikely, or else someone would have spoken up by now) or the mafia just took a break...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:14 am 
@ Brian - how did you just escape being killed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:20 am 
VivianLee wrote:
*snip*

I think the mafia instructed Kate to kill someone in Random, which is why they didn't attempt another kill. By the time Kate failed, it was too late to try again.

Hilary.Monaco wrote:
@ Brian - how did you just escape being killed?

Saw her coming, avoided a hit to the shoulder (got one on the chest), ran like hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 am 
I should read posts more closely, I thought you had written 11:30 AM instead of PM (sorry, I use 24h time on all my clocks, haha...) Mad props for evading the attack and living to tell the tale! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:17 am 
A dangerous thought occurs. If Kate was conscripted so early, it probably means somebody knew she was the investigator. To my knowledge, the only surviving players who knew her identity were JB and myself. Dgrazian knew but was killed, Mats knew but was lynched (he may very well have been mafia), Krueger knew but was killed, Brogan knew but was framed by Kate and lynched.

If Mats was mafia, and there's a very strong chance he was, then JB and I are both probably innocent. If Mats was not mafia, which is unlikely but possible, then one of the two of us is probably mafia. This is not a formal accusation, since I actually do think Mats was mafia, but it's an anecdote to remember if future evidence comes up implicating one of us. If it turns out someone else knew Kate's identity as the investigator prior to Day 3, of course, the point is moot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 am 
If you believe that JJ is the other investigator and that Kate was conscripted, we should impeach JB, replace with JJ, and confess everything we know to JJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 am 
Still Alive

AmiGreene X
Brian Iglesias X
Di
Gabriel X
Hilary.Monaco X
Jason Chiu
Jayarsea X
JB Parkes X
JingJian-JJ X
Joy X
jy X
Mark Velednitsky X
Nicole X
VivianLee X

AmiGreene, can you verify Brian Iglesias story about him being the target of a kill attempt? Were you attacked as well? Did anyone else witness this?

Assuming this is true, here's how I place the remainder of the townspeople:

Confirmed: JingJian-JJ, (from my point of view, I'm here too.)
Mostly Confirmed: Ami Greene, Brian Iglesias
Neutral: VivianLee, Nicole, Mark, jy, Gabriel, Hilary
Somewhat Suspicious: Gabriel, Joy, JB
Very Suspicious: Di, Jason

Di and Jason are playing, but not saying much. Jason in particular has been called out multiple times for lack of participation with little attempt at improvement.

Di's play at tablemafia led me to believe she'd be extremely conservative as mafia (could she brazenly make a kill? I don't think so). Seeing as how none of the kills have been outside of Random (and the Random area), I'm inclined to believe that she wouldn't be making kills if she was mafia. Does that make sense the way I've stated it?

Anyway, for today I'll be voting for Di. I considered no lynch, but I believe the Random-murderers have been accounted for already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:21 am 
Jason posted this yesterday.

been hunting, hadn't voted past few days as a result
going out to dinner with Vivian now
I'll vote Kate

Vivian, confirm? Why didn't you post that you were going out with Jason as well? Jason had reason to fear being killed, but you did not (under the assumption you are mafia).

Right now I'm leaning towards actually voting for vivian instead...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:23 am 
Oh, by the way, I consider Vivian to be a clever player. If you think that I'm wildly offbase, please post about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:38 am 
jayarsea wrote:
Still Alive

AmiGreene X
Brian Iglesias X
Di
Gabriel X
Hilary.Monaco X
Jason Chiu
Jayarsea X
JB Parkes X
JingJian-JJ X
Joy X
jy X
Mark Velednitsky X
Nicole X
VivianLee X

AmiGreene, can you verify Brian Iglesias story about him being the target of a kill attempt? Were you attacked as well? Did anyone else witness this?

Assuming this is true, here's how I place the remainder of the townspeople:

Confirmed: JingJian-JJ, (from my point of view, I'm here too.)
Mostly Confirmed: Ami Greene, Brian Iglesias
Neutral: VivianLee, Nicole, Mark, jy, Gabriel, Hilary
Somewhat Suspicious: Gabriel, Joy, JB
Very Suspicious: Di, Jason

Di and Jason are playing, but not saying much. Jason in particular has been called out multiple times for lack of participation with little attempt at improvement.

Di's play at tablemafia led me to believe she'd be extremely conservative as mafia (could she brazenly make a kill? I don't think so). Seeing as how none of the kills have been outside of Random (and the Random area), I'm inclined to believe that she wouldn't be making kills if she was mafia. Does that make sense the way I've stated it?

Anyway, for today I'll be voting for Di. I considered no lynch, but I believe the Random-murderers have been accounted for already.

lol. I'm highly amused that I'm the only person who falls under two categories in JRC's mind =P

In my opinion, Vivian IS a clever player but I don't suspect her at this time. I'd rather vote for Di, as it's also been on my mind that she's been awfully non-participatory as far as these forums are concerned.

I shall pm Alex now with that vote for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:23 am 
jayarsea wrote:

Apologies, I should have perhaps been more specific - at the same time that Brogan was trying to convince me to open my door, I heard Krueger warn Ami away. It's likely that Ami and Kate never came into contact. There may have been non-player observers of the event, but the only three I recall for certain to have been there are Kate, Brogan, and Krueger, now all dead and therefore not available for comment. You can probably ask the people at Black Hole kitchen for confirmation that it happened, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:43 am 
Brian, I believe you - I don't see what possible reason you could have to make this up...

but is it at all possible that the Mafia had already conscripted someone yesterday and Kate was acting as decoy? That is, maybe she intended to miss? You were there and I wasn't - but it's just something to consider.

In any case, I think we can safely say that a conscription has taken place by now (would the mafia really go two days w/out a kill just to mess w/ us? Doesn't seem like that would be particularly advantageous for them), and unless Brian is lying Kate was mafia (and even if she's not, that would make Brogan mafia, no?), and we're fairly certain Fluffy's mafia given that he confessed... so that gives us at most 3 living mafia members, hopefully less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:58 am 
I in general agree with Nicole.

When did this "warding away" occur?

Did Kate miss because of your amazing dodging skills or was it half-hearted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:58 am 
Oh, as for why he /could/ be making this stuff up:

He could be mafia convincing us that Kate instead of Brogan was mafia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:29 pm 
Nicole wrote:
*snip*

jayarsea wrote:
*snip*

I can't see what possible reason Kate would have to attack someone and be aiming to miss. If she was playing decoy at assassinating me, doesn't that mean she was mafia anyway? The attack was spur of the moment, Brogan hadn't realized she would attack me (it would be doubly illegal if this were the case, Brogan's a ghost), but I don't think it was half-hearted. Consider she did get a hit in, it's only because the rules specify shoulder as the point to be touched that I survived it. I wound up cornered on my bed, kicked her back into my elephant (for which I apologize, incidentally, that looked like it hurt), and shoved past both Krueger and Brogan on my way out. I ran over to Loop side lounge and hid in the bathroom there for a few minutes before heading back.

I also have a handwritten apology note from Brogan for the incident, if you want to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:32 pm 
The decoy attack could be a cover for a successful conscription earlier in the day.

That said, I don't think it's likely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:36 pm 
Also, what point would there be, exactly, in trying to convince you that Brogan was mafia instead of Kate when both had already been lynched?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Also, what point would there be, exactly, in trying to convince you that Brogan was mafia instead of Kate when both had already been lynched?

If Brogan was mafia instead of Kate, I'd be willing to believe things Kate said more readily than things Brogan said (and vice versa).
I certainly do believe that Kate is mafia, but I believe in enumerating the possibilities before discounting them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:49 pm 
Honestly, I find this whole situation a little suspicious (or at least confusing)... if Kate was really mafia and knew she was about to by lynched, she could have murdered absolutely anyone at absolutely any time. Why just go for one person so late at night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:50 pm 
Announcement: Jason Chiu is killed at 9:55 AM outside the entrance to Sidney-Pacific.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:57 pm 
Vivian Lee's twitter status:
Forgot how amazingly pretty the Pru looks :) http://twitpic.com/3qwhrd about 3 hours ago via Twitpic

JJ should get out there before the day ends so she can start investigating it. [/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:00 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Honestly, I find this whole situation a little suspicious (or at least confusing)... if Kate was really mafia and knew she was about to by lynched, she could have murdered absolutely anyone at absolutely any time. Why just go for one person so late at night?

Mafia discussion would be my guess. From my experience playing forum mafia, it takes a while to figure out who you want to kill. In this game it would be harder: you have to make a kill and be sure no one else killed anyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:01 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:

If she had killed me and gotten away with it, it would have been unclear that she was the murderer - the location would have been my bedroom, where I've been spending the vast majority of my time the past two weeks. Almost anybody would be able to find me there. Suspicion would have been cast on all surviving Randomites as being mafia. The late kill time would have given practically no time between the announcement and the lynching, resulting in confusion during the next 24-hour period that might result in the lynching of someone else. In the ideal situation for the mafia, all of Random would end up being purged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:06 pm 
So, more cyberstalking of Vivian Lee results in discovering that she last played モーニング娘。 – 浪漫~MY DEAR BOY~ on her computer at 9:02 AM. So she probably left soon after...so I don't think she's likely to be Jason's killer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next