Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:47 pm 
Sorry, was asleep x___x;;

Regarding Hilary's image. I never went to dinner with Jason. Those plans were made a LONG time ago, and I forgot about them until this morning, when an angry Jason called me to ask where I was (you can even look at my call log, though I guess I can't prove that he was pissed off at my cancelling plans that I never remember I had). My friend's visit was last-minute (she literally IMed me at 11pm yesterday to say she was going to be in town) and I didn't write down "breakfast with Jason" in my calendar.

I can assure you that by 10am I was off-campus and nowhere around Sid-Pac. Unless you can physically explain how I managed to kill Jason at 9:55am, walk back to Mass Ave, wait for the 1 bus, catch the 1 bus to Hynes, meet her friend, and then be inside the Prudential by 10:05am (I checked my BlackBerry - there's a timestamp for proof if someone wants to come by and see it).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:56 pm 
Some people might say "don't waste the investigation since we're all pretty sure" but I for one would like "confirmation" to just give us townspeople a boost that we're heading in the right direction. Don't know if other ppl agree with me though =) I like signs knowing that I'm heading in the right direction =)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:58 pm 
Okay what the fuck. You guys are going off the fact that Jason told Hilary he would be going to breakfast with me and no one actually stops to think that maybe THAT DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN?! I know it makes me horrible friend to not remember that we chatted about breakfast on MLKJ Day, I don't know, TWO WEEKS AGO. I already got enough bitching from Jason for why I wasn't at a place I DIDN'T KNOW I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AT. This explains why he wasn't at work (though not why he was at Sid-Pac, I'm honest-to-goodness stumped why he was there).

And a thought just came to me, throwing it out there - Does anyone find it strange that out of all of us, Hilary was the only one who actually knew why (AND EXACTLY WHERE) Jason was still on campus?!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 pm 
Well, I feel pretty certain that Vivian is mafia, but I'd understand why people would like to have a formal investigation first.

Second, I don't suspect Hilary. She knew where Jason was because... he TOLD her? Thus the screen shot? Why is that strange...?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:07 pm 
Yes, he told her where he would be, she's apparently the ONLY person he told, and then 40 minutes later he ends up dead?! That sounds pretty damn uncanny to me, especially since with that asymmetic information someone could have easily framed anyone, from Nicole/Randomites (given the location of Sunny's) to me (which is happening right now, wtf!)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:15 pm 
ok ok ok
so
let's hold off on lynching vivian - she showed me the timestamp on her phone, it's like 10:04 she was inside the pru. and when i knocked on her door to ask for signature for petition, she was like really really genuinely pissed that this happened(<- not important evidence; timestamp = important evidence).

i do not suspect hilary either - if she knew jason and vivian are meeting for food, she wouldn't go kill him herself, b/c there will be witness. she wouldn't have time to hire hitman, b/c that has to be arranged w/ alex ealier; even if she were and planned on using hitman anyway, there would be n otime to do that.

but since jason was waiting at diner for a looong time - he called vivian at 9;18, cuz he was waiting - so someone who knows what jason looks like and is likely to walk pass there is highly suspicious. (diner is right next to sidpac). this points the arrow back to nicole AGAIN. (or, someone in random, since random next to shaws next to sidpac), or someone going grocery shopping early in the morning


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 pm 
so again, do NOT vote for vivian yet


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 pm 
I was asleep at the time. I crashed at 2am and woke up at 11:50am. My friend can verify as she *awake* at the time of the murder and was in the same room.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:17 pm 
I fucking swear I was not on campus past 9:30am at the latest this morning. Jason apparently called me at 9:18am (I looked back at my own call logs). Anyone who knows me also knows that I never answer phone calls. I showed JJ my phone and the missed call - he was calling because I never showed up and left me a voicemail asking why I wasn't there (WHICH I STUPIDLY DELETED AFTER LISTENING TO IT LATER, BEFORE I KNEW HE GOT KILLED AND I WOULD NEED IT). I also showed JJ that timestamped photo for 10:04am, which was taken inside the Pru. There is absolutely no fucking way a person can kill someone at Sid-Pac and then take a bus to the Pru (especially not with the freaking 1 bus, omfg). I don't know how else to iterate that I WAS NOT ON CAMPUS THIS MORNING and I HAVE SOMEONE WHO CAN VOUCH THAT I WAS NOT THERE.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:18 pm 
(sorry, made that post before I saw JJ's definitely more toned down post)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 pm 
I'm sorry, I'm not thinking straight right now, trying to calm down. A hitman could have been hired for the day (either for this kill or another, we have no idea but it's best to stay cautious), but a time and place and person are not told to Alex (that is, mafia don't need to be specific about who to kill), so there is a chance that someone who may have seen Jason walking to/going in Sunny's could have called up their hitman (or another mafia) to go get him, which may also explain the time delay between Jason's communication with Hilary and when he got killed (9:07am, but ADP is right across the street from Sunny's so he would have been there by 9:10am at the latest, vs. 9:55am).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:33 pm 
SERIOUSLY, GUYS. I know I sound lame and paranoid right now but it's 11:30 and getting awfully close to voting and I do NOT want to be FALSELY SENT TO MY DEATH.

---

I honestly have nothing to go off of regarding who to vote for today. My instincts tell me Hilary but JJ has insisted it's probably not her (and the way she explained it made sense). JJ has also told me she suspects Gabe; others have told me they suspect Di. I actually suspected Brian earlier but his vivid retelling of Kate's attempted murder quelled my doubts for the moment.

PLEASE DON'T LYNCH ME. SERIOUSLY.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:35 pm 
JingJian-JJ wrote:
but since jason was waiting at diner for a looong time - he called vivian at 9;18, cuz he was waiting - so someone who knows what jason looks like and is likely to walk pass there is highly suspicious. (diner is right next to sidpac). this points the arrow back to nicole AGAIN. (or, someone in random, since random next to shaws next to sidpac), or someone going grocery shopping early in the morning


Do you know where SidPac is in relation to Sunny's diner? Jason lives in ADP, right? Completely the opposite direction - I can't think of any reason why he would pass by SidPac on his way to or from the diner. I think it's more likely that he passed a Randomite on his way home and someone manipped the presses.

Or, I suppose it's possible (though this would be a pretty crappy thing to do) that Vivian intentionally broke her plans with Jason and sent someone in her place, giving her an alibi while guaranteeing that he'd be alone with a mafia member in Sunny's.

One more thought: Is there any way we can verify the timestamp on the image Vivian posted? I tried downloading it, but it gets timestamped with the download time, not the time the photo was taken. Can someone check the original photo on Vivian's phone/laptop/whatever?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 pm 
ok, so, it's soooo super late, and i hope ppl are still here to see the posts.

=.=
so if there is no conclusive evidence that we can find for this murder, i do not want to see innocents getting lynched. however, i have a candidate in mind to vote for tonight. (and tommorrow night, till he gets lynched): Gabriel.

Not linked to this murder:
So Saturday Gabriel knocked on my door, i did not let him in, and asked him to talk to me w/ the door locked in between. He then asked me questions like "how does alex know if you actually been to the crime scene?" and other questions about like dates of my investigation etc. that's ok-ly reasonable questions for a townsperson to ask, especially he posted on the forum asying he has that plan, so i answered truthfully. Then i said byebye, expecting him to go away to his room.

a few min later, he knocked on my door again, saying "i have one more question, so you posted on the forum when you investigated fluffy on mika, u said 'mika's murder', do you mean mika murdering or mika being murdered?" (not in exact wording, but that was the question). i didn't think much at that time, so i was like "of course mika was being murdered". (didn't let him in still). after a few minutes, i was like wait, that was such a stupid questions to ask, if gabe has actually gone back to his room, and thought of that question to ask, and decided to come to my room again and ask me about it, b4 he makes 3 steps outside his room, he should've realized how silly that question was, and find the answer himself. (i mean, come on =.=). The only logical explanation was that he waited outside my room, then seeing i wasn't planning on coming out, he decided to try knocking on my door again, hoping to have gained some trust.

he freaked me out so much that i skipped showering and gathered my stuff, send my bf out to make sure it was safe to get out my door, and then rannnnnnn like hell towards ESG.

another reason is, gabe came back wednesday night, and didn't become active on the forum until fluffy, mats, and kate died. --that's just so reminicent of mats' forum activity patterns.

and in his post, it just sounded awkward:"but I for one would like "confirmation" to just give us townspeople a boost " - us townsppl? sounds very very afraid.

don't know how many ppl will see this, but hopefully..


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 pm 
petition is complete w/ enough signatures. just need to show alex.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:41 pm 
If you want the submit it today, you need to show me in the next twenty minutes. I'm at Sid Pac.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:42 pm 
so i was hoping for something conclusive to come up w/ this murder, so i didn't post stuff about gabe earlier. but now that it doesn't seem likely, gabe seems like the right choice (at least it's gonna unnerve me somewhat, i've been running from frontdesk to my room for the past 3 days).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:43 pm 
i'm at next house... =.=


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:43 pm 
Nicole wrote:
One more thought: Is there any way we can verify the timestamp on the image Vivian posted? I tried downloading it, but it gets timestamped with the download time, not the time the photo was taken. Can someone check the original photo on Vivian's phone/laptop/whatever?

JJ came by and saw it in person.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:50 pm 
Unvoting Di voting Gabriel

I suggest y'all vote for Gabriel too.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 pm 
Haven't seen Gabriel for the entirety of this game. Actually, I don't think I've met him ever. But I trust JJ and we're running out of time, so I guess I'm voting Gabriel


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm 
Lol okay well I just got back to Next House so if I get lynched for whatever JJ's saying, then sad, but whatever.

Remember that my arbitration plan involved attempting to trick two "claimed" investigators. Therefore I was asking JJ how an investigation is usually pm'ed to Alex because I've never played LAM before.

Not much time to say anything else. I'm not mafia, and anyone who plays normal mafia with me knows that I have no guile when I'm a townsperson.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm 
JingJian-JJ wrote:
*snip*


If true, that's an uncomfortable situation. Personally, after my experience last night I'm suspicious of anybody trying to get into someone else's room for any reason.

Tonight I'll have to vote Gabriel, I'm afraid.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:53 pm 
I'm voting for Gabriel too. Thought he was suspicious when he was waiting OUTSIDE MY DOOR that one day to ask if I could help him check something in his room (I then posted on the forums about it, it's on Day 7 or something, which is probably why I ended up safe).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:54 pm 
I guess this'll just teach me to never try to ask JJ for anything in the future =P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 pm 
VivianLee wrote:
I'm voting for Gabriel too. Thought he was suspicious when he was waiting OUTSIDE MY DOOR that one day to ask if I could help him check something in his room (I then posted on the forums about it, it's on Day 7 or something, which is probably why I ended up safe).


Oh and Vivian I happened to meet you as you were coming out. After the game is over and my role is revealed, you'll realize it was just a coincidence. No hard feelings.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 pm 
The murder was late on Saturday (of Alex, at 9 PM), so I will say it's possible.

What time did Gabriel come a knocking?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:56 pm 
Anyone else I can say "I told you so" to at the end of the game? =)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
The murder was late on Saturday (of Alex, at 9 PM), so I will say it's possible.

What time did Gabriel come a knocking?


I knocked right before the post I made that said "Yay! Vivian didn't kill me!" because that's when we talked.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:58 pm 
That's not true, he never knocked on my door (see above, "I happened to run into her as she was coming out")... unless you were asking about JJ's incident, in which case Gabe just misunderstood.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group