Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:13 am 
(sorry, just reread my post and I apologize for the fifty thousand expletives...)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:26 am 
VivianLee wrote:
(sorry, just reread my post and I apologize for the fifty thousand expletives...)


You really do need to chill out a bit on those, it makes it harder to agree with your argument even if you're making a valid one.

The question as to whether to lynch Vivian or JY is now which one I trust more. Problem is, I don't really know either one of you at all. With regards to JB, though: like I've said before, Kate was the conscription, so if JB is mafia he's been mafia since the start of the game.

The JJ/JY ploy, if true, is reasonable - if JJ was really the investigator and JY was really mafia, JJ'd be dead anyway, and vice-versa. However, if JY is lying, we no longer have any investigators in play. The paranoia in me says we should lynch both of you and JB as well, just to make sure, but I'm pretty sure there's got to be a better way to go about it than that. As such, I'll wait until evening to vote for anyone.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 am 
Regarding the petition - if JY is mafia, which I'm starting to think is more and more plausible (you can't blame me; she's trying to outright frame me), she or her teammates would have ordered the petition to be destroyed, so obviously JJ doesn't have it anymore. Also, when I was signing the petition earlier today (brought to my door by JJ), I did NOT see JY's name on it to impeach JB (the names that I remember were on there so far were JRC, JJ, and Joy). If you're so suspicious of him, JY, why didn't you sign the petition?

(Oh, of course, it would be convenient to constantly -say- you want to impeach him, and then kill the person who's holding on to it, right?)

I'm sorry if I come off overly pissed (and I really do need to put a filter on my mouth at times, sorry) but there is just so much BS glaring at me in the face that I can't help myself.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:08 am 
Interesting. I would like to see what JY has to say, in response.

A complete list of your investigations would be nice, for starters.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:14 am 
VivianLee wrote:
OMFG SERIOUSLY?! I finish watching a movie and have to come back to this?


What movie were you watching? What time did you start watching? What time did you finish watching? Did you take any breaks?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 am 
jy wrote:
I investigated vivian for JJ's kill and it came out as positive


When did you conduct the investigation? When did you get a response?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
VivianLee wrote:
OMFG SERIOUSLY?! I finish watching a movie and have to come back to this?

What movie were you watching? What time did you start watching? What time did you finish watching? Did you take any breaks?

lol Mark, you're asking for things that no one could answer absolutely correctly (I don't have something to track everything I do at every minute of the day). But for the sake of not being suspected, I will try.
I watched Wall Street 2 (because the first one was so good =p) in the privacy of my own room, so no one can vouch for that. I started watching soon after I finished washing dishes (around 12:20pm, if I am to guesstimate properly) and finished watching maybe... 10 minutes before I posted that? No, I do not take breaks while I watch movies, but I do multitask (in the case you want to see if I've been sending emails or posting to Facebook or something...)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:34 am 
VivianLee wrote:
finished watching maybe... 10 minutes before I posted that? No, I do not take breaks while I watch movies, but I do multitask (in the case you want to see if I've been sending emails or posting to Facebook or something...)

I stand corrected. I write my responses on a text document and then paste them into the reply box (my browser has a habit of crashing), and I last saved the temporary txt at 02:57, which means I finished the movie probably at 2:45-ish, and then took taking a while to write it (I had to go through old posts to find JY's since a forum search from her profile doesn't bring anything up...) and then didn't post it until 03:11 (time stamp on my post). Honestly, I don't know where my times goes either when I'm on the computer, but I am willing to provide screenshots and anything else as proof to the best of my ability if it means you'll at least CONSIDER the fact that JY is not to be trusted.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:08 am 
VivianLee wrote:
No, I do not take breaks while I watch movies, but I do multitask (in the case you want to see if I've been sending emails or posting to Facebook or something...)


If you multitask, why didn't you check the mafia forums and see the accusations against you, earlier?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 am 
Vivian, the angrier I get, the more I distrust you. I'm still voting for you, just like yesterday, before everyone jumped on Gabe for absolutely no reason.

The photo on your phone? It doesn't mean you were at the Pru. It means that your phone was at the Pru. Far-fetched? Not so much as accusing Hilary of being mafia, or JY as "counter-claiming".

Let's think about it. Next House doesn't have a guest list. It'd be hard for people to get in without ID, which means mafia is likely in next house. (Hilary also has ID card access to Next House, but she was with her visiting friend in her room when I left McC around 11ish, and I don't think she did it. But I thought I'd mention this just for completeness).

Vivian was going to be investigated today. She needed to make a move soon before the investigation came out--thus she killed JJ very soon after 12AM.

As for my alibi, I was sleeping in my room. The giant crowd of people usually hanging out outside of 573 can vouch that I never left (Amber, Angela, David, Brad... etc). Amber Lin went into my room to turn off my alarm b/c I couldn't hear it, so you can ask her.

Also, Vivian, please calm down before you post. The reason why I didn't post yesterday around 12AM was because I was getting really annoyed at your outbursts, and this morning it just got 50x worse.

One more thing that may or may not be important. When JJ came out as investigator, it was me, JY, and JJ in the 5th floor main lounge. I kept asking JJ why she didn't have someone cover for her, and her answer was just that "oh I got too excited". I think I then specifically was like "OMG JY WHY DIDN'T YOU COVER FOR JJ?", to which I didn't really get a response, just a sort of smile. So I believe JY b/c it explains the awkwardness of that situation, if it makes any sense.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:34 am 
Sorry, typo... the angrier YOU get, the more I distrust you :P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:48 am 
VivianLee wrote:
Also, when I was signing the petition earlier today (brought to my door by JJ), I did NOT see JY's name on it to impeach JB (the names that I remember were on there so far were JRC, JJ, and Joy).


That's really odd, b/c when JJ gave me the paper to sign (and this was around 20 min after we thought to impeach JB. JY, Di, and JJ were in the main lounge and I went to be a weirdo and run at 12 AM in the morning). When she gave me the paper I saw that several names were already on there. I can't say for sure if JY's name was on there, but my impression is that there were more names than just two (JJ and Di).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:11 am 
I feel awful about changing my vote to Gabriel at the last moment.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:04 am 
Another morning, another day.

Mark Velednitsky wrote:
If you multitask, why didn't you check the mafia forums and see the accusations against you, earlier?

This question makes no sense logically. Just because I multitask doesn't mean that I am required to constantly check the mafia forums (and honestly, thinking about mafia requires more focus than I can offer while watching a movie). Looking back at my posts, I did post at 1:14, not that that proves anything..

joy wrote:
That's really odd, b/c when JJ gave me the paper to sign (and this was around 20 min after we thought to impeach JB. JY, Di, and JJ were in the main lounge and I went to be a weirdo and run at 12 AM in the morning). When she gave me the paper I saw that several names were already on there. I can't say for sure if JY's name was on there, but my impression is that there were more names than just two (JJ and Di).

^ did this happen yesterday? Because the paper that JJ brought to me @ 11:30 looked new, there were only two signatures on it (and yours was DEFINITELY on there), and she said she had another sheet with JRC's signature, so I had said, "JJ, we don't have enough signatures with just this," and she said, "Oh, I will have enough." Perhaps she went to find JY after that, but shortly after she came by my room she posted saying the petition was complete. I am just speaking up about what I saw, but I have no idea what JJ did afterwards.

joy wrote:
The photo on your phone? It doesn't mean you were at the Pru. It means that your phone was at the Pru. Far-fetched? Not so much as accusing Hilary of being mafia, or JY as "counter-claiming".

Again, I do have a contact that can vouch for me being physically present with my phone. I'm rechecking my phone right now, and I have another picture with me in it at 10:19pm, which I guess you could argue is sufficiently far removed from Jason's kill time, but I don't take photos of myself every two minutes. I also have receipts, although they can't really prove I was there at 10am, just proof that I was there throughout the day.

joy wrote:
I think I then specifically was like "OMG JY WHY DIDN'T YOU COVER FOR JJ?", to which I didn't really get a response, just a sort of smile. So I believe JY b/c it explains the awkwardness of that situation, if it makes any sense.

That doesn't prove much of anything; if I were mafia I would be grinning like a cheshire cat.

On an unrelated note, I am sincerely sorry for my crude outbursts. You can ask JY or any of the ADT girls to describe me when I get PISSED - it's not a pretty sight. I'm a really rash person and when I feel an extreme emotion (whether it's frustration or, I dunno, -being framed-), I tend to react large and loud). That is no excuse for swearing like a sailor, though, so I do apologize.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:11 am 
joy wrote:
Let's think about it. Next House doesn't have a guest list. It'd be hard for people to get in without ID, which means mafia is likely in next house.
Vivian was going to be investigated today. She needed to make a move soon before the investigation came out--thus she killed JJ very soon after 12AM.

I agree with you that the mafia is likely in Next House, which is why I am heavily suspecting JY after she unloaded a ton of lies on the table.
And - believe me or not - I was frustrated and in deep enough of a rut yesterday from everyone pointing fingers at me (which was reasonable, I would have too) that when JJ came by I even asked her if she had used up her investigation yet, and when she said she had, I asked her to investigate me RIGHT AT midnight so I could clear my name, since I didn't want another Kate incident happening ("Oh we lynched one today, let's all vote right away at midnight to lynch the other tomorrow and then not check the forums all day long.") I am just as upset as everyone else that JJ is gone because 1) I'm back to square one, with everyone suspecting me, 2) I now have a sign on my back that says, "Please frame me for murder," and 3) I have no legitimate way of clearing my name since JY is a fake investigator-- which I know because I was NOWHERE near JJ's room at 12:18am NOR did I say any of the things she claimed I said.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:19 am 
joy wrote:
Let's think about it. Next House doesn't have a guest list. It'd be hard for people to get in without ID, which means mafia is likely in next house. Vivian was going to be investigated today. She needed to make a move soon before the investigation came out--thus she killed JJ very soon after 12AM.

Last post before I head out for the day. I just looked back and Alex very explicitly said that JJ was killed in her room. Even if I were to be around her room at the time, no way in hell would she have opened the door and let me come into her room, especially since she didn't know 100% whether I was innocent from the day before. JJ posted a while ago about how she wouldn't even open the door a crack for Gabe, and from last year I've definitely seen her be cautious about letting people inside.

Piecing these pieces together:
In order for someone to have killed JJ in her room, it had to be someone she trusted enough to open the door for and/or let inside. That narrows down the Next House list to JY, Di, and potentially you.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 am 
There's a simple solution to this problem:

We lynch vivian tonight and JY tomorrow. 1 to 1 is g00d.

In the meantime, Vivian, because you are safe from being killed (if you are killed, it clearly indicates that JY is a liar), I am tasking you with making a petition to impeach JB.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 am 
PS: Refusing to sign the petition will net you Scumpoints™ which are redeemable for being lynched.

If Vivian is mafia, she can't kill you. If she doesn't turn in a completed petition, I will be voting for her. So avoiding Vivian is not acceptable.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:20 am 
Okay. So all of you are spread everywhere across campus (and I don't remember what Nicole, Mark, and Ami look like). I will be sitting in the 1st floor of the student center from 12-1pm today. The rest of the day will follow the schedule in my signature, and I will be sitting in my room at Next from 9pm onwards. If I can't find you, please come find me so I can get it to Alex in a timely manner.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am 
I don't want to rob you of skating, vivian.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:23 am 
That said, I'll be around.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:24 am 
11-12pm is skating class. 12-1pm is free skate, I don't -need- to be there.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:14 pm 
First, I am going to explain why I didnt vote for a couple of day. Basically, my IAP is packed with schedules, and I always have a lot to do. When JJ was around, she made me more involved. Im usually too lazy to do the readings thoroughly, and I got information from JJ. I didnt see JJ since the end of the last week, probably because she was doing the mystery hunt or something, so I wasnt really looking into the game. Im not a very dedicated player and I aplologize for that.

Anyway, the reason I wanna talk now is because JJ is killed (I was so shocked, and y couldnt she get a medikit from somebody????)
I know JY is the real investigator. So the plan was JJ covers JY and if JJ dies, I need to back her up.
Conclusion: JY is the real investigator and don't lynch her and trust her words!!!!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:22 pm 
I just signed it. To keep the forum up to date - JRC (nice to meet you) and Vivian were there and the three of us have our signatures on the petition to impeach JB.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 pm 
Nice to meet you too.

There are four signatures on the petition and two to go.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:34 pm 
You mean 1. If you can get one more player to sign it, as I stated before, with N-1 signatures, I'd sign it as well. Also, why aren't we circulating a second petition for a new mayor? Without a Mayor, someone new can take office. If my interpretation of the rules is correct, Fake IDs can elect a mayor. (It only requires 5 valid signatures.)

In short, I suppose, no one should sign any further petitions. Now that fluffy is dead, at most, the mafia can only gather 4 signatures if everyone else locks down.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:36 pm 
who's the fourth? I think it would be good to keep a separate record of everyone who signed the petition, either as they sign or after everyone has signed, I don't think it matters.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm 
Di was the fourth.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 pm 
Di wrote:
First, I am going to explain why I didnt vote for a couple of day. Basically, my IAP is packed with schedules, and I always have a lot to do. When JJ was around, she made me more involved. Im usually too lazy to do the readings thoroughly, and I got information from JJ. I didnt see JJ since the end of the last week, probably because she was doing the mystery hunt or something, so I wasnt really looking into the game. Im not a very dedicated player and I aplologize for that.

Anyway, the reason I wanna talk now is because JJ is killed (I was so shocked, and y couldnt she get a medikit from somebody????)
I know JY is the real investigator. So the plan was JJ covers JY and if JJ dies, I need to back her up.
Conclusion: JY is the real investigator and don't lynch her and trust her words!!!!!!


Do you actually know that JY is the real investigator? Did JJ tell you this?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:15 pm 
I sat in the 1st floor with Vivian for an hour and we only encountered Di and Hilary.

Granted, we didn't give a lot of advance notice nor was it necessarily compatible with other schedules...


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group