Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am 
Yesterday, JJ was killed and Vivian was lynched.

As the game winds draws to its conclusion, I'd like to remind dead players to be extremely careful that nobody still in game finds out anything they shouldn't know.


Last edited by Alex on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 am 
I think you mislabeled the discussion and results.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 am 
Thanks, fixed.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 am 
Ideally, JY is conducting an investigation right now and will let us know what she discovers. We hope the petition will get submitted to Alex soon, but for now JB remains mayor (we should do something about that asap).

As it stands, the mafia have at most three members, probably two, and possibly just one (if we're lucky). Yesterday, we tabled discussion about JB. Today, we should probably discuss JB (I, personally, am not suspicious of him, but we can hear what others have to say) and see what information we can garner from the day's murder.

As a side note, if I am ever killed in my room, make sure to contact my roommate. I have informed him that I am playing this game, so he knows what a "kill" looks like.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:43 am 
Who's your roommate?

Also, can someone go over why they're suspicious of JB again? I'd rather not have to read through all of the old threads, and I haven't seen him do anything suspicious myself (but then again, I haven't seen him much at all).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 am 
Nicole wrote:
Who's your roommate?


http://web.mit.edu/bin/cgicso?options=g ... +Remlinger


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 am 
kk so

earlier, jason chiu and vivian were waiting in the lounge outside my room, preparing for me to come out so jason can kill me.
i'm guessing jason is the hired hitman.

and then i realy really relaly really needed to go to the bathroom, so i asked my friend tocheck to make sure that they are not in the lounge anymore and then i dashed to the bathroom and came out quickly and now locking myself in my room.


the fact that they plan on hiring a hitman to kill puts me at a HUGE risk today!!!
i just realized that jason also asked me today earlier what's my python class, and i told him, so i'm guessing if they dont succeed on killing me tonight or tomroro wmorning, they plan on killing me tomorrow in class.
i might just not go to class tomorrow
whoever has the medkit, GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW!

also, i just investigated JB parkes for jason chiu's kill
but it came out as NEGATIVE...

even if he didn't kill jason chiu, i'm still suspicious of JB parkes.
i feel vivian might have been the one who killed jason chiu because JJ told me the night before she was killed that vivian went to her room and asked her if she used up that day's investigation yet, and she said she did (that was the day i investigated gabriel for jason's kill) and then vivian told jj to investigate vivian right away after midnight.
HOWEVER, JJ is killed shortly after midnight. vivian did this so jj can't make an investigation on vivian's kill of jason.


so the fact that JB parkes came out negative for jason chiu's kill still doesn't make him off the hook
as of now, i still suggest vote to lynch JB parkes tonight, unless more information come up.
also, if any of you guys have any insiders info, u should def pm me, so i can make more positive investigations and kill the remaining mafia(s).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:26 am 
jason chiu is outside my door right now!!!!
trying to make me open my doooor!!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 am 
Who might know him well enough to have hired him?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:52 am 
jy wrote:
kk so

earlier, jason chiu and vivian were waiting in the lounge outside my room, preparing for me to come out so jason can kill me.
i'm guessing jason is the hired hitman.

and then i realy really relaly really needed to go to the bathroom, so i asked my friend tocheck to make sure that they are not in the lounge anymore and then i dashed to the bathroom and came out quickly and now locking myself in my room.


the fact that they plan on hiring a hitman to kill puts me at a HUGE risk today!!!
i just realized that jason also asked me today earlier what's my python class, and i told him, so i'm guessing if they dont succeed on killing me tonight or tomroro wmorning, they plan on killing me tomorrow in class.
i might just not go to class tomorrow
whoever has the medkit, GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW!

also, i just investigated JB parkes for jason chiu's kill
but it came out as NEGATIVE...

even if he didn't kill jason chiu, i'm still suspicious of JB parkes.
i feel vivian might have been the one who killed jason chiu because JJ told me the night before she was killed that vivian went to her room and asked her if she used up that day's investigation yet, and she said she did (that was the day i investigated gabriel for jason's kill) and then vivian told jj to investigate vivian right away after midnight.
HOWEVER, JJ is killed shortly after midnight. vivian did this so jj can't make an investigation on vivian's kill of jason.


so the fact that JB parkes came out negative for jason chiu's kill still doesn't make him off the hook
as of now, i still suggest vote to lynch JB parkes tonight, unless more information come up.
also, if any of you guys have any insiders info, u should def pm me, so i can make more positive investigations and kill the remaining mafia(s).


I would think the investigator of all people would be holding out for more substantial evidence. Given the recent cat fight between you and Vivian, AND the recommendation to investigate Vivian, why didn't you investigate her?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:52 am 
my guess would be vivian. a hitman must be hired a day in advance. They are good friends, even if she killed him he would probably still be a hitman for her.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:11 am 
JY wrote:
vivian just called with jason chiu's phone
and told me that she can't get the petition to alex before midnight and wanted me to go outside to get it from her before midnight or else she'll be dead (lynched)

that was very suspicious

and just now she and jason came knocking on my door
but i didn't open it, and told them to slide the peition under my door.
so yeah, now i have the petition

but what vivian did was very suspicisou...i feel maybe she has the other mafia w/her and wanted to kill me right after midnight
cuz she knocked on my door RIGHT at midnight


What I find suspicious is how much care seems to have been taken to have Vivian *not* turn in the petition to impeach JB.

Consider the following: Vivian takes the time to post that she is in Chinatown w/o a way back to MIT, then posts that she found money and would be back ~10:45 if she left Chinatown around 10:15. But she doesn't then go to Sidpac to turn in the petition - instead she goes *farther* from the T back to Next House whereupon she attempts to persuade JY to exit her room around midnight with Jason Chiu in tow as a conceivable hit man to keep JY scared enough to stay in her room. Seems Vivian really wanted to keep JB in power for another day.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:16 am 
It doesn't much matter. Since she was lynched, the petition she had will be randomly given to someone. Given that I was already voting for her, giving me extra votes for tonight doesn't afford me special power. If I end up as the person the petition ends up with, I'll be giving it to Alex, no worries. I was expecting to be impeached by packet handout tonight. Note my signature...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:18 am 
yes, i agree with what hilary said, which is why i vote to lynch JB parkes tonight.

also, jason chiu just came knocking on my door AGAIN...siigh

so yeah, i am pretty sure he's the hired hitman for today. i'm goign to try my best to avoid getting killed by him.
also, you guys should run away when you see him, too because if he doesn't succeed on killing me, he might just kill one of the remaining townspeople so they don't waste a kill.

but yeah, if i DO get killed by him (since now he knows my python class. altho i really dont think i'm gonna go to my class tomorrow now..i think i'm just goign to lock myself in my room for the entire day...safest option), u guys should impeach JB parkes


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:52 am 
so a mafia can still make a kill on the day a hitman is killed
so also be careful when you see other live action mafia players, especially the ones that you don't trust.
since now we all know a hitman is hired, the mafia might end up making a kill today because now we will all be careful of jason (hitman) and loose our guard in front of other players

so yeah, just still be caerful around other live action mafia players that u can't trust


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:02 am 
jy wrote:
and just now she and jason came knocking on my door
but i didn't open it, and told them to slide the peition under my door.
so yeah, now i have the petition


Are you turning it in today?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:37 am 
So, here's the deal.

I said we were going to lynch one of jy/Di today. That was the plan. However, it looks like Vivian didn't turn in the petition, which I told her would make me assume she was mafia.

Therefore, we won't.


As for lynching JB: JB is incriminated by Vivian not turning it in...just like in the Princess Bride scene I posted. This "wine in front of me, wine in front of you" scenario is just silly, and we shouldn't let anything Vivian did when she knew she could signal affect us.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:54 am 
jayarsea wrote:
So, here's the deal.

I said we were going to lynch one of jy/Di today. That was the plan. However, it looks like Vivian didn't turn in the petition, which I told her would make me assume she was mafia.

Therefore, we won't.


As for lynching JB: JB is incriminated by Vivian not turning it in...just like in the Princess Bride scene I posted. This "wine in front of me, wine in front of you" scenario is just silly, and we shouldn't let anything Vivian did when she knew she could signal affect us.


Agreed, assuming you're saying what I think you're saying. Since it seems like Vivian was actually mafia, given her reported actions today (I'd like confirmation this is happening from someone other than JY, though, if you don't mind), she could essentially frame JB by just not turning the petition in, knowing it would cast suspicion on him. Because of this, I'm not yet convinced of the need to lynch JB.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:56 am 
You follow me completely, Brian. Unfortunately, we're not likely to get confirmation from anyone; I'm under the impression the Next House team is almost completely dead.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:04 am 
The petition has been turned in. Alex, it's in your mailbox.

Off to lab I go.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:05 am 
Curiosity says I want to know if Vivian killed dgrazien...but I don't think that's a good use of the investigation.

Anyway, Kate/Fluffy/Vivian are the 3 I feel most comfortable as mafia.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 am 
Di X
Jayarsea X
jy X
Hilary.Monaco
JB Parkes
Joy
Mark Velednitsky
Nicole
AmiGreene
Brian Iglesias

Nearly confirmed innocents from my point of view
Di, jy, myself

Players I believe are innocent...will get finished when I get to work so I don't miss the tech shuttle.

See y'all.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 am 
Di
Jayarsea
jy
Hilary.Monaco
JB Parkes
Joy
Mark Velednitsky
Nicole
AmiGreene
Brian Iglesias

Nearly confirmed innocents from my point of view
Di, jy, myself

Players I believe are innocent...
Joy, Brian

Totally in the dark about: Nicole, Hilary, Mark, Ami

Somewhat suspicious: JB (Confirmation bias going crazy here...I thought he was suspicious and despite my earlier post I cannot ignore that Vivian didn't turn it in)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:47 am 
Announcement: A petition to impeach JB Parkes has been submitted. As a result, he is no longer Mayor, and there is currently no Mayor.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 am 
9-10 days in office. Not bad.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:10 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:

Quote:
I would think the investigator of all people would be holding out for more substantial evidence. Given the recent cat fight between you and Vivian, AND the recommendation to investigate Vivian, why didn't you investigate her?


i am already 100% positive that vivian is the mafia. she came out as postitive when i investigated her for jj's kill.
why would i waste another investigation on someone who's going to get lynched anyway.

Brian Iglesias wrote:
Quote:
Agreed, assuming you're saying what I think you're saying. Since it seems like Vivian was actually mafia, given her reported actions today (I'd like confirmation this is happening from someone other than JY, though, if you don't mind), she could essentially frame JB by just not turning the petition in, knowing it would cast suspicion on him. Because of this, I'm not yet convinced of the need to lynch JB.

people in my wing can confirm what happened. I im-ed ppl in my wing who was hanging out in the lounge at the time to check if vivian and jason were hiding in the lounge and they told me they were. i can give you specific names if you want.
i also really needed to go to the bathroom at the time, so i asked ppl in my wing to double check jason is not in the lounge area or anywhere near my room anymore, so i can dash to the bathroom.
my boyfriend can also confirm what happened. i was skyping with him at the time when jason and vivian came knocking on my door, so he heard and witnessed everything (through skype). his name is Haitao Mao. you can go ask him if you sitll need more confirmation.
and also, the petition is turned in. I managed to get it from vivian w/out getting killed by jason last night, and through a trusted system, we got it to alex.


the fact that vivian took forever to turn in the petition makes JB parkes really suspicious here. i'm going to vote for JB parkes tonight and then we can discuss about the other suspects. hopefully we can find out more after more investigations.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:15 pm 
"
i am already 100% positive that vivian is the mafia. she came out as postitive when i investigated her for jj's kill.
why would i waste another investigation on someone who's going to get lynched anyway. "

That's an excellent point that I meant to make earlier...if you believe vivian was innocent then nothing jy posted would make you believe jy and vice versa.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 pm 
Haitao Mao the SC2 player? Neat.

Anyway, I'm voting for JB Parkes as a placeholder that may change should other things become known.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:22 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Haitao Mao the SC2 player? Neat.


LOOOOOL yeaah. altho i know nothing about SC except that there r 4 races lol

yeah, also voting for JB parkes tonight, unless something else comes up


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 pm 
jy wrote:
JB Parkes wrote:

I would think the investigator of all people would be holding out for more substantial evidence. Given the recent cat fight between you and Vivian, AND the recommendation to investigate Vivian, why didn't you investigate her?


i am already 100% positive that vivian is the mafia. she came out as postitive when i investigated her for jj's kill.
why would i waste another investigation on someone who's going to get lynched anyway.


You are not doing this smartly JY. Your job as investigator is to find the mafia. A very good way of doing this is finding a murder NOT commited by your top suspect. That way, you know someone else commited it, who you can find and discover to be mafia. Therefore I recommend you investigate vivian for kills before you investigate less suspect players.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group