Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
Nicole wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
The following people are people I trust or people that I have been told to trust by people that I trust (one degree of trust separation, so to speak):

Di
Hilary.Monaco
Jayarsea
Joy
jy
Mark Velednitsky


Just out of curiousity, why are these people trustworthy? I understand JY and Di, given that they went up against Vivian and she seemed pretty suspect, and of course you would list yourself as trustworthy - but why Hilary, JRC, and Joy?


You seem to be implying that you do not trust them. Why don't you trust them?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
You can also be on a guest list or just sneak by inattentive desk workers (what I do when I want to visit my McCormick friends).

So...jy you need to stay safe. Tomorrow, in a group of three (perhaps you, me, and Di) will trek over to McCormick if that's fine by you.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm 
Yes, she's the only one. Who has friends in McCormick? I don't know anybody who lives there at all (seriously, anybody - all of my friends who lived there graduated). Also, I was in SidPac, as usual when the murder happened.

McCormick's front desk security is pretty tight - anyone wanna make a run to McCormick and check the visitor logs? Or ask a friend who lives there to do it?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:59 pm 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
The following people are people I trust or people that I have been told to trust by people that I trust (one degree of trust separation, so to speak):

Di
Hilary.Monaco
Jayarsea
Joy
jy
Mark Velednitsky


Just out of curiousity, why are these people trustworthy? I understand JY and Di, given that they went up against Vivian and she seemed pretty suspect, and of course you would list yourself as trustworthy - but why Hilary, JRC, and Joy?


You seem to be implying that you do not trust them. Why don't you trust them?


Not saying I don't trust them - but I've never met Hilary and Joy, and they don't seem to post much on the forum - I have nothing to judge them on whatsoever besides the fact that you say they're trustworthy.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:01 am 
Nicole wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
The following people are people I trust or people that I have been told to trust by people that I trust (one degree of trust separation, so to speak):

Di
Hilary.Monaco
Jayarsea
Joy
jy
Mark Velednitsky


Just out of curiousity, why are these people trustworthy? I understand JY and Di, given that they went up against Vivian and she seemed pretty suspect, and of course you would list yourself as trustworthy - but why Hilary, JRC, and Joy?


You seem to be implying that you do not trust them. Why don't you trust them?


Not saying I don't trust them - but I've never met Hilary and Joy, and they don't seem to post much on the forum - I have nothing to judge them on whatsoever besides the fact that you say they're trustworthy.


I know Hilary from TKD and was in NYC with her last weekend. Between the two activities, she has has many, many chances to kill me. Since I am still alive, I trust her.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:02 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
The following people are people I trust or people that I have been told to trust by people that I trust (one degree of trust separation, so to speak):

Di
Hilary.Monaco
Jayarsea
Joy
jy
Mark Velednitsky


Just out of curiousity, why are these people trustworthy? I understand JY and Di, given that they went up against Vivian and she seemed pretty suspect, and of course you would list yourself as trustworthy - but why Hilary, JRC, and Joy?


You seem to be implying that you do not trust them. Why don't you trust them?


Not saying I don't trust them - but I've never met Hilary and Joy, and they don't seem to post much on the forum - I have nothing to judge them on whatsoever besides the fact that you say they're trustworthy.


I know Hilary from TKD and was in NYC with her last weekend. Between the two activities, she has has many, many chances to kill me. Since I am still alive, I trust her.


Of course, that's completely useless at this point... but, still, it explains my previous actions.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am 
SHIT

I WAS JUST WITH HILARY

DAKFJKLDSAJFAL;DJK

We came out of TKD practice around 10 PM and talked in the student center until 11 ish, before I had to go to lab (and i Just realized I missed voting too... was doing cell culture ARRRGH). We saw some guy whose name I cant remember, but it had V's in it. Anyway this guy started coming towards us with this LOOK on his face towards Hilary (I don't think he knew me). Hilary says "OMG IT'S JB'S FRIEND" and starts running. I'm like, I don't know who the hell this is and I told him if he came any closer I'd kick his ass. But I didn't b/c Hilary already ran out of the student center. This guy followed us some ways outside of the student center before he finally gave up.

hilary and I then went back to the student center and kept talking. The time was probably 10:30 ish. Maksim, who's not in the game, was there, and so was Gabe. Hilary received multiple calls from Judy, who's Vivian's friend and who lives in McCormick, multiple times. Hilary was really confused b/c Judy NEVER calls her. Apparently it's someone's birthday and Judy wanted Hilary to taste her flan.

I eventually got up to go back to lab. The time was a little before 11ish, probably (I'm guestimating the time, and I'm also typing this super fast b/c I want to get out of lab soon lol).

I'm pretty sure it's a hitman. I don't know the voting results for today yet, but I'd say JB if he's not lynched already.

Ask me anything about tonight, I'll try to remember everything that happened.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:11 am 
Nicole wrote:
Yes, she's the only one. Who has friends in McCormick? I don't know anybody who lives there at all (seriously, anybody - all of my friends who lived there graduated). Also, I was in SidPac, as usual when the murder happened.

McCormick's front desk security is pretty tight - anyone wanna make a run to McCormick and check the visitor logs? Or ask a friend who lives there to do it?


I have a friend at McCormick and will be visiting tomorrow.

Their desk workers suck, though. You just need to claim to have a friend coming down to get you and then walk off when they stop paying attention...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:16 am 
Despite my initial hesitation, I suppose I will vote for JB tonight.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 am 
kk so i'm pretty sure jason is the one that killed hilary
i trust joy and i trust her story

judy, jason, and i are both on the asian dance team (along with vivian)
i'm pretty sure jason got into mccormick cuz of judy
altho i called judy right after i found out hilary was killled and asked her if jason came to find her tonight and her answer was a no...but this might just cuz jason told her to not tell me

and the flan and birthday story is probably just to make hilary go to somewhere to meet up judy so jason can kill her.
i know judy made a giga pudding (giant flan pretty much) yesterday just for fun and to experiment and she even showed me her giant flan over skype. she did NOT mention anything about someone's bday. I was the one who brought up the idea that she can just use it as a bday cake next time when it's someone's bday.
so i feel she just used the flan/birthday excuse so jason can kill hilary

so i am still going to vote for JB parkes tonight


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 am 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B10BxYZqa1Q

giga pudding

ew


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:24 am 
that's the EXACT video judy showed last night after she finished making the pudding!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 am 
Woah woah woah... Hold up. I've been basically out of this because HP7 has been getting ready to go. I mean if you lynch me, it means I get to focus on that, but seriously, make sure you think again why you are all suspicious of me. I have had alibis for every kill, I have been trusted by people who were shortly thereafter killed (not a smart thing to do if you have townspeople who trust you) I have pointed out logical falacies and sub-optimal strategies. I may have been active, that doesn't make me mafia. Please don't vote for me just because other people are suspicious of me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:36 am 
So who should we vote for?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 am 
Given we know today's kill was most likely carried out by a hitman, it means the mafia is basically out of powers. That said, I don't really think JB is mafia - if he is, he's had a lot of opportunities to kill me he hasn't taken advantage of. I'm much more suspicious at this point of those who haven't been posting very much, such as Hilary or Ami, than of those who've been very active in the game. And I still haven't heard why people are suspicious of JB, other than the fact that he was the mayor. I might be missing something, so please elaborate for me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:43 am 
Ami wanted out. Unfortunately I'm 80% sure she isn't mafia.

I somewhat trust JY and Di. I'm wary to trust JRC, because he has been very clever, but also has always made sense. I don't know Joy or Nicole except for playing tabletop mafia with Nicole in which she was killed fairly quickly IIRC. Mark didn't kill me with ample opportunity during Mystery Hunt. I would say Joy because she was last with Hilary.

Which also makes me curious who "JB's FRIEND" is given that joy barely knows me, and certainly wouldn't know who my circle of friends is (which made up a large portion of this game btw).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:44 am 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Given we know today's kill was most likely carried out by a hitman, it means the mafia is basically out of powers. That said, I don't really think JB is mafia - if he is, he's had a lot of opportunities to kill me he hasn't taken advantage of. I'm much more suspicious at this point of those who haven't been posting very much, such as Hilary or Ami, than of those who've been very active in the game. And I still haven't heard why people are suspicious of JB, other than the fact that he was the mayor. I might be missing something, so please elaborate for me.


Well, Hilary is dead now, but I agree that Ami is suspect - her post today really didn't give us much info to go on, though.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 am 
My apologies. Hilary doesn't know my circle of friends, except for the 4 people we played Munchkin with.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
So who should we vote for?


I would say either Ami or Joy. Given Joy was the last one with Hilary (who I know I mentioned in my post just now, was a misprint), and the hitman was going after JY for obvious reasons, it's odd that the target shifted. While not impossible, and I'll gladly withdraw in the face of evidence, I'm inclined to be a touch suspicious of the story.

That, or lynch Ami because a completely inactive player is not terribly helpful no matter whether she's innocent or not, and frankly we have no real leads today.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:47 am 
A reminder that votes are due at 1AM today.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:49 am 
If we agree that Ami is innocent and we have no leads, No Lynch would be a much, much better option than lynching her.

Why would you suggest lynching her? This makes you a little suspicious in my eyes...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 am 
It would be to let Ami out of the game because he isn't sure who else to vote for. We're pretty sure she isn't mafia (hence the voting for Joy and letting the mafia kill Ami in order to get her out of game, so we keep a townsperson.)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:52 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
If we agree that Ami is innocent and we have no leads, No Lynch would be a much, much better option than lynching her.

Why would you suggest lynching her? This makes you a little suspicious in my eyes...


I'm fairly sure Ami is innocent - like you said, 80%. But a strategy of having one mafia player just be completely inactive the entire game only to make the last one or two kills is a viable strategy for the mafia, given an inactive player can slip easily under everyone's radar for days and days.

It's just an alternative, though, not my primary suggestion. I'm more in favor of taking a look at Joy's alibi than Ami's, honestly.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 am 
Aaaah, I don't know what to think anymore. I'm wary of Joy's story, but she does have JY's support, and I trust JY... but then again, JY trusting Joy doesn't mean Joy is innocent.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:57 am 
Well, it's almost the cutoff, and we all have to do something. Personally, I'm going to vote Joy, she seems to me to be the most likely suspect under the limited information we have.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:57 am 
Just voted Joy because no-lynch this late in the game seems like a bad idea - I really hope I'm not killing an innocent townsperson.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:58 am 
Nicole wrote:
Aaaah, I don't know what to think anymore. I'm wary of Joy's story, but she does have JY's support, and I trust JY... but then again, JY trusting Joy doesn't mean Joy is innocent.


Ditto...


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 am 
Sorry, but I'm keeping my vote for JB.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:02 am 
Mark Velednitsky wrote:
Sorry, but I'm keeping my vote for JB.


No reason to apologize, this day kind of came down to trusting your gut. Cutoff's passed, let's see what happens.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:03 am 
please don't vote to lynch joy
i really do trust joy and jj did too
jjand joy are a lot closer than vivian and jj
so if joy and vivian are both mafias, it would have been easier to have joy to kill jj because jj trusts joy more

between joy and JB parkes
vote for JB parkes
cuz i'm sure joy is innocent, but JB parkes has always seemed suspicious to me


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group