Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 am 
Yesterday, JB Parkes was impeached, Hilary.Monaco was murdered, and joy was lynched in an extremely close vote. Discuss.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:14 am 
Everyone explain why you voted as you did, yesterday.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:16 am 
Went with my gut. The story joy gave felt suspicious to me, and I didn't understand the suspicion towards JB. I suppose I'll know I was wrong if he kills me right now.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:25 am 
In the worst case, there are TWO mafia and they have THREE fake IDs. This means that we will LOSE if we fail this vote.

Please, everyone, DO NOT "SURPRISE LYNCH" ANYONE.

In particular, Ami voted with no justification, whatsoever.

PLEASE EXPLAIN.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:30 am 
yeah now i really think there are two mafias left in the game
which means we have to be extra careful from now on!!!

townsppl, if you can...TRY TO AVOID GETTING KILLED!!! so we don't loose more innocent ppl


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:34 am 
jy wrote:
townsppl, if you can...TRY TO AVOID GETTING KILLED!!! so we don't loose more innocent ppl


YES! GOD FORBID THE INNOCENTS GET FREE!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 am 
jy wrote:
yeah now i really think there are two mafias left in the game
which means we have to be extra careful from now on!!!

townsppl, if you can...TRY TO AVOID GETTING KILLED!!! so we don't loose more innocent ppl


I am currently locked in my room and will be extremely cautious throughout the day.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:39 am 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Went with my gut. The story joy gave felt suspicious to me, and I didn't understand the suspicion towards JB. I suppose I'll know I was wrong if he kills me right now.


Likewise. I felt pressed for time and had to pick someone, and I still felt like Vivian's behavior with the petition might have been a last-ditch attempt to bring an innocent JB down with her.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:11 am 
This is truly maddening.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:15 am 
Mark, go to sleep. This is only a game. I went a bit paranoid earlier in the game when there were days without kills until late, and Brogan and Kru will tell you (after game) that it really affected my daily routine. They knocked some sense into me, and it really helped.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:18 am 
JB Parkes wrote:
Mark, go to sleep. This is only a game. I went a bit paranoid earlier in the game when there were days without kills until late, and Brogan and Kru will tell you (after game) that it really affected my daily routine. They knocked some sense into me, and it really helped.


lol.

I usually don't sleep until later than this, so theoretically I haven't messed up my routine quite yet...

thanks for the concern, though... i appreciate it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:22 am 
yes, i am truly maddening, too!!!

so now the qustion is WHO SHOULD I INVESTIGATE TODAY???
this is def a very importnt investigation...we don't want to lose any more innocent townsppl, espeically with possibly and probably 2 mafias left in the game

(alex, can u check if there is something wrong w/the forum?? cuz everytime when i post..i get logged out and then my msg gets all deleted and i have to re-write everythign again)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:27 am 
The forum seems fine from my view. Perhaps your browser is not letting the forum set cookies?

Alternatively, maybe this is related to you having a two-letter username, which had the issue of your posts not being searchable. You can try changing it (this won't break anything).


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 am 
kk, so here are some things i've noticed

I think VIVIAN killed JASON.
i think the whole friend is coming to town, forgetting the breakfast with jason, and all the twitter pics are all just part of her plans.
so why did i think this way?? call it my investigator instinct, i somehow found her so called friend gina suspicious, so i went to her fb and searched her friends for someone name Gina. Two people with the first name gina showed but, but neither of them looked anything like the girl in the pic she has on her twitter.
i'm pretty sure she made up her friend coming to visit her.
all her twitter updates and pics r also so suspicious...why did she update her twitter so frequent that day?? made sure she had a pic of pru right after 10am (right after jason is killed), and took pics of MFA and w/her friend... but if you notice, there is ONLY ONE pic of her and her friend..and u can't even see the background.... i feel she eprobably just found a random person on the street to take a pic w/her... or it's an old pic taken on some other day. also if u look at the pic of MFA, i MIGHT be wrong, but if i remember, i dont think that day was THAT sunny? the sky was soooo clear in the pic http://twitpic.com/3qylc0
was the weather that day THAT good???
also, i know vivian is very good at photoshop, so she could have easily photoshopped any of these pics or took any of these pics before that day and posted them to make us not suspect her... or took these pics beforehand and posted them on that day..
so my guess is she killed jason first, and then either posted up the pru pic she already had on twitter right afterwards or somehow got to pru really quickly...
anyway yeah...i'm pretty sure vivian killed jason, so i'm not going to investigate jason's kill today. i'll probably investigate one of the other kills in random that i don't know who the killer is yet.

annd PLEASE PLEASE vote for jb parkes tonight!! like seriously...WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE??!?!
so i pm-ed amigreene last night after the voting results came out and asked her to tell me why she voted for joy last min.
so from our exchange of message, i trust her to jsut be a townsperson.
she told me that JB parkes came to her at 12:55 and asked her vote for joy. this is sooo obvious now!! jb parkes is one of the mafias and he knows the vote is goin to be very very close, with the fake id and everything
so he went over to amigreene and told her to vote for joy last min.
i'm going to investigate JB parkes on one of remaining kills today, if it comes out as positive, then we know he's the mafia, but if it comes out as negative, PLEASE STILL VOTE TO LYNCH HIM!!!! gooooosh this game could have ended faster if you guys all listend to me and lynch JB parkes!!!
please please!! NO MATTER WHAT hAPPENS TODAY, LYNCH JB PARKES!!!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 am 
No JY. Incorrect. What it proves is that I disagree with your deductive reasoning. I was on the chopping block, due to WILD accusation, and so I spoke to the two people who have actually hung out with me during this game (and to a lesser extent Mark) to vote with me to save me from a ill-figured demise. I had reason to suspect Joy, however, the way the ID was played leads me now to believe she was innocent. You'd better have a damn good reason for suspecting me if you aren't going to share it publicly.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:40 am 
first of all, it was NOT A WILD ACCUSATION!!
the whole petition thing was very very suspicious from the start
and accusing joy out of the blue was definitely a typical and obvious mafia move, trying to save yourself.
this is probably why hilary is killed and joy is lynched because THEY DO NOT TRUST YOU. they trust me!! so having both of them dead would make voting results come very close when you have the trust of some townsppl that u know u can convince to vote for whoever you want AND the fake id!
which is EXACTLY what happend last night w/joy!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 am 
I must unfortunately agree that the accusations you're leveling against JB aren't very substantiative. You're taking the most trusting explanation for Vivian's actions, when Vivian knew from near the beginning of the day that she was going to be lynched, and thus trusting her to do anything like the petition was actually quite foolish of all of us. It would have been pathetically easy for her to just not turn in the petition in order to frame JB, especially since he then voted to lynch her and lost his power the next day anyway. In short, JB gained nothing from that sequence of events except your suspicion being leveled at him and everyone who sides with him on anything.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:59 am 
it's also possible that
vivian knew she was goign to get lynched
so she purposely didn't turn in the petition, making us think she's tryin to FRAME jb parkes, but the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia
two possibilities
1.we believe that she was trying to frame jb parkes, so then we trust jb parkes to be innocent --> jb parkes doesn't get lynched
2. we don't believe vivian, still suspects jb parkes, but the petition is still not turned in that night anyway, jb parkes is still the mayor. he still gets 3 votes --> advantageous for hte mafiaas

what the mafias didn't know is how quickly i got the petition turned in w/out even leaving my door!!
they probably thought i wouldnt leave my room the next day cuz of jason the hitman, so the petition couldn't have been turned in and jb parkes would still be the mayor and have 3 votes on mafia's side.

this is ALSO why they probably decided to kill either hilary or joy, and try to lynch the other cuz those two didn't trust jb parkes
and why brian and amigreene r still in the game cuz jb parkes know he has your trust can easily convince you guys to not vote for him.

TOWNSPPL, seriously, isn't this SOOO OBVIOUS NOW!!!!
gooosh just vote to lynch jb parkes
if we dont lynch the right mafia tonight, THE MAFIAS WILL WIN!!!!!


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:05 pm 
Regardless of whether or not the accusations are substantive, secretly voting for Joy without telling the forums and doing so at the last minute is grounds for lynching. We thought he was mafia yesterday and still think he's mafia today...the last minute vote switching isn't helping that cause.

Honestly, I would have preferred to lynch Nicole today, but JB is as good today.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:10 pm 
yes
i agree w/jrc

i'm pretty sure the mafias are jb parkes and nicole
i believe brian and amigreene are innocent and they voted for joy last min. cuz of jb parkes' influence and their trust in jb parkes
which is probably also why brian and amigreene r still alive now
but right after jb parkes suggested about lynching joy, nicole agreed, too
why? cuz she's the other mafia

so either way, we'll lynch one of them today and the other one tomorrow
and then it will be GAME OVER :D yaaaaay


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:13 pm 
My vote is for NICOLE


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:14 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Regardless of whether or not the accusations are substantive, secretly voting for Joy without telling the forums and doing so at the last minute is grounds for lynching. We thought he was mafia yesterday and still think he's mafia today...the last minute vote switching isn't helping that cause.

Honestly, I would have preferred to lynch Nicole today, but JB is as good today.


A fair point. JB, would you mind explaining why your vote switched and why you didn't tell the forums in advance?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
jayarsea wrote:
Regardless of whether or not the accusations are substantive, secretly voting for Joy without telling the forums and doing so at the last minute is grounds for lynching. We thought he was mafia yesterday and still think he's mafia today...the last minute vote switching isn't helping that cause.

Honestly, I would have preferred to lynch Nicole today, but JB is as good today.


A fair point. JB, would you mind explaining why your vote switched and why you didn't tell the forums in advance?


JB Parkes wrote:
Ami wanted out. Unfortunately I'm 80% sure she isn't mafia.

I somewhat trust JY and Di. I'm wary to trust JRC, because he has been very clever, but also has always made sense. I don't know Joy or Nicole except for playing tabletop mafia with Nicole in which she was killed fairly quickly IIRC. Mark didn't kill me with ample opportunity during Mystery Hunt. I would say Joy because she was last with Hilary.

Which also makes me curious who "JB's FRIEND" is given that joy barely knows me, and certainly wouldn't know who my circle of friends is (which made up a large portion of this game btw).


I thought bold was how we indicated who we were voting for. Whom was I voting for before?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:38 pm 
jy, Di, Jayarsea

AmiGreene, Mark Velednitsky

Brian Iglesias

JB Parkes, Nicole


Here's how I feel in rough order of declining innocence. Commas indicate ties


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:50 pm 
jy wrote:
it's also possible that
vivian knew she was goign to get lynched
so she purposely didn't turn in the petition, making us think she's tryin to FRAME jb parkes, but the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia
two possibilities
1.we believe that she was trying to frame jb parkes, so then we trust jb parkes to be innocent --> jb parkes doesn't get lynched
2. we don't believe vivian, still suspects jb parkes, but the petition is still not turned in that night anyway, jb parkes is still the mayor. he still gets 3 votes --> advantageous for hte mafiaas


"So my choices are 'or death'? Well, I'll have the chicken then!" So what you are basically saying is that either:

A.) Vivian didn't turn in the petition early to openly protect me because "the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia"

or

B.) Vivian didn't turn in the petition early to frame me, which we would deduce, and realize I was innocent, so that she and I could move me into the trust of game and then kill everyone because "the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia"

and

C.) Vivian didn't turn in the petition early to frame me

couldn't have possibly happened because "the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia"



Is that what you're saying JY? I would hope you would at least MENTION that this could all come from confirmation bias. You are even stating it as fact which really gets on my nerves.

[quote ='jy']what the mafias didn't know is how quickly i got the petition turned in w/out even leaving my door!!
they probably thought i wouldnt leave my room the next day cuz of jason the hitman, so the petition couldn't have been turned in and jb parkes would still be the mayor and have 3 votes on mafia's side.[/quote]

Remember that bit where I mentioned where I'd be WITH Alex the night before?

[quote='jy']this is ALSO why they probably decided to kill either hilary or joy, and try to lynch the other cuz those two didn't trust jb parkes
and why brian and amigreene r still in the game cuz jb parkes know he has your trust can easily convince you guys to not vote for him.[/quote]

Were I mafia, there would be many more randomites still in game. Randomites were people I trusted somewhat from interactions, and people who trusted me. As you said yourself, it is in the mafia's interest to kill off people that don't trust them.

[quote='jy']TOWNSPPL, seriously, isn't this SOOO OBVIOUS NOW!!!!
gooosh just vote to lynch jb parkes
if we dont lynch the right mafia tonight, THE MAFIAS WILL WIN!!!!![/quote]

Then I recommend you don't lynch me.[/quote]


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 pm 
Sigh, formatting failure.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:41 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
jy, Di, Jayarsea

AmiGreene, Mark Velednitsky

Brian Iglesias

JB Parkes, Nicole


Here's how I feel in rough order of declining innocence. Commas indicate ties


Funny, mine looks very similar:

jy, Di, Mark Velednitsky

AmiGreene, Jayarsea

Brian Iglesias, JB Parkes

Nicole


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 pm 
JB Parkes wrote:
jy wrote:
it's also possible that
vivian knew she was goign to get lynched
so she purposely didn't turn in the petition, making us think she's tryin to FRAME jb parkes, but the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia
two possibilities
1.we believe that she was trying to frame jb parkes, so then we trust jb parkes to be innocent --> jb parkes doesn't get lynched
2. we don't believe vivian, still suspects jb parkes, but the petition is still not turned in that night anyway, jb parkes is still the mayor. he still gets 3 votes --> advantageous for hte mafiaas


"So my choices are 'or death'? Well, I'll have the chicken then!" So what you are basically saying is that either:

A.) Vivian didn't turn in the petition early to openly protect me because "the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia"

or

B.) Vivian didn't turn in the petition early to frame me, which we would deduce, and realize I was innocent, so that she and I could move me into the trust of game and then kill everyone because "the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia"

and

C.) Vivian didn't turn in the petition early to frame me

couldn't have possibly happened because "the truth is, jb parkes IS the mafia"



Is that what you're saying JY? I would hope you would at least MENTION that this could all come from confirmation bias. You are even stating it as fact which really gets on my nerves.

[quote ='jy']what the mafias didn't know is how quickly i got the petition turned in w/out even leaving my door!!
they probably thought i wouldnt leave my room the next day cuz of jason the hitman, so the petition couldn't have been turned in and jb parkes would still be the mayor and have 3 votes on mafia's side.


Remember that bit where I mentioned where I'd be WITH Alex the night before?

[quote='jy']this is ALSO why they probably decided to kill either hilary or joy, and try to lynch the other cuz those two didn't trust jb parkes
and why brian and amigreene r still in the game cuz jb parkes know he has your trust can easily convince you guys to not vote for him.[/quote]

Were I mafia, there would be many more randomites still in game. Randomites were people I trusted somewhat from interactions, and people who trusted me. As you said yourself, it is in the mafia's interest to kill off people that don't trust them.

[quote='jy']TOWNSPPL, seriously, isn't this SOOO OBVIOUS NOW!!!!
gooosh just vote to lynch jb parkes
if we dont lynch the right mafia tonight, THE MAFIAS WILL WIN!!!!![/quote]

Then I recommend you don't lynch me.[/quote][/quote]

We have been really tough on JB lately. Assuming there are no kills today, I think we should give him a break for a day. I'm not saying he's any less suspicious, I'm just saying that if we focus too much on one person then we might miss obvious signs pointing to others.

Accordingly, I will go along with JRC and vote for Nicole for now. Of course, this could completely change if there is a murder tonight, but that's what I'm putting in for now.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:47 pm 
kk yeah that's fine
i dont mind lynching nicole first
as long as we eventually lynch both of them in the end

so i will vote for nicole today, too


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 pm 
JY, at this point you've made it very clear that you're being ruled entirely by your confirmation bias - in fact, you explicitly stated in this very thread that you don't actually care about evidence anymore, you've made your decision for who's mafia and alternatives are no longer allowed to enter your thought process. You're emotional, you're overexcited, and your posting style reeks of hastily-typed statements. You are kludgite trustworthy to not be mafia at this point, but your judgment is shaky at best. Understand, then, why every time you yell "JB is mafia because he's mafia!", I grow less and less trusting of your ability to be rational, to the point where I'm certain this very post will confirm in your mind that I'm also mafia. You need to relax.

As for myself, I am at least clear-headed enough to recognize that I currently have no evidence to indicate in any direction who is and isn't mafia among the remaining eight. I will be tentatively voting Nicole as well, barring a murder today.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group