Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:07 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
JY, at this point you've made it very clear that you're being ruled entirely by your confirmation bias - in fact, you explicitly stated in this very thread that you don't actually care about evidence anymore, you've made your decision for who's mafia and alternatives are no longer allowed to enter your thought process. You're emotional, you're overexcited, and your posting style reeks of hastily-typed statements. You are kludgite trustworthy to not be mafia at this point, but your judgment is shaky at best. Understand, then, why every time you yell "JB is mafia because he's mafia!", I grow less and less trusting of your ability to be rational, to the point where I'm certain this very post will confirm in your mind that I'm also mafia. You need to relax.

As for myself, I am at least clear-headed enough to recognize that I currently have no evidence to indicate in any direction who is and isn't mafia among the remaining eight. I will be tentatively voting Nicole as well, barring a murder today.


lol.

Don't go hatin' on those of us that get a little too excited :P


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:10 pm 
well, this is awkward. What exactly is that that I've done to make you suddenly all suspicious of me?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:16 pm 
Mark Veldnitsky wrote:
lol.

Don't go hatin' on those of us that get a little too excited :P


Why shouldn't I, when it's JY's job as investigator to be a voice of reason? If she can no longer consider all the possibilities, but only those that she's already decided on, her calls for who to blame are no longer valid on their own. In essence, she's become a demagogue. It's not likely that was her intent, but once your judgment becomes that impaired, you become a hazard.

Nicole wrote:
well, this is awkward. What exactly is that that I've done to make you suddenly all suspicious of me?


To be honest, I don't know. Perhaps I won't vote for you. However, I will need to vote for someone at day's end, and if there's no murder, it will come down to who my gut says I should target.[/quote]


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
Mark Veldnitsky wrote:
lol.

Don't go hatin' on those of us that get a little too excited :P


Why shouldn't I, when it's JY's job as investigator to be a voice of reason? If she can no longer consider all the possibilities, but only those that she's already decided on, her calls for who to blame are no longer valid on their own. In essence, she's become a demagogue. It's not likely that was her intent, but once your judgment becomes that impaired, you become a hazard.


lol. I was just kidding. I understand why you might find it frustrating.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:32 pm 
sorry if i sound too emotional or overexcited
i guess i was still really pissed about last night's voting results.

so, i believe brian and amigreene to be innocent
i believe amigreene is innocent because i believe she was really just not into the game and i believe her story of jb parkes telling to vote for joy last min. last night.
i have to say this was a really godo move by the mafias. make one of the mafias to earn all the randomites' trusts, so that in the end when number of votes become crucial, he can pull his strings and make the randomites not vote for him

as for brian, he probably just fell for mafia's trap, trusting jb parkes to be innocent.

as for nicole
i re-read all the posts and everything last night, trying to figure out who the mafias. i can't go back and findall hte quotes and explain everything cuz that will jsut take forever and i simply do not have that much time
call it investigator's instinct. my instinct tells me nicole and jb parkes r the two mafias left.

i still haven't made my investigation today yet
i'm still tryign to think carefully which kill could have been done by jb parkes or nicole...
at this point, i feel either one of them or both of them might have not conducted any kills. this is probably mafias' plan to keep at least 1 or 2 mafias completely clean so the investigator can't find any solid evidence to accuse them.
so yeah..i'm gonna have to think more before i make my investigation today


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 pm 
jy wrote:
sorry if i sound too emotional or overexcited
i guess i was still really pissed about last night's voting results.

so, i believe brian and amigreene to be innocent
i believe amigreene is innocent because i believe she was really just not into the game and i believe her story of jb parkes telling to vote for joy last min. last night.
i have to say this was a really godo move by the mafias. make one of the mafias to earn all the randomites' trusts, so that in the end when number of votes become crucial, he can pull his strings and make the randomites not vote for him

as for brian, he probably just fell for mafia's trap, trusting jb parkes to be innocent.

as for nicole
i re-read all the posts and everything last night, trying to figure out who the mafias. i can't go back and findall hte quotes and explain everything cuz that will jsut take forever and i simply do not have that much time
call it investigator's instinct. my instinct tells me nicole and jb parkes r the two mafias left.

i still haven't made my investigation today yet
i'm still tryign to think carefully which kill could have been done by jb parkes or nicole...
at this point, i feel either one of them or both of them might have not conducted any kills. this is probably mafias' plan to keep at least 1 or 2 mafias completely clean so the investigator can't find any solid evidence to accuse them.
so yeah..i'm gonna have to think more before i make my investigation today


Your "investigator's instinct" isn't good enough for me at this point. Take the time to provide support for your argument.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 pm 
Not if it gives away sensitive information

Here's the evidence to me:

He was easily elected mayor (that could just be the Cult of Random + JB's charismatic personality) D1.

Impeaching him was tough (fluffy, kate, and vivian refused to sign the petition at NextHouseTableMafia, as well as other people)

His swing vote nearly saved Bobby/Fluffy

Vivian's actions (which should be disregarded)


Basically, there's a ton of circumstantial evidence and I know my confirmation bias is going strong.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:51 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Not if it gives away sensitive information

Here's the evidence to me:

He was easily elected mayor (that could just be the Cult of Random + JB's charismatic personality) D1.

Impeaching him was tough (fluffy, kate, and vivian refused to sign the petition at NextHouseTableMafia, as well as other people)

His swing vote nearly saved Bobby/Fluffy

Vivian's actions (which should be disregarded)


Basically, there's a ton of circumstantial evidence and I know my confirmation bias is going strong.


hmm... none of that would be convincing by itself, but put together I suppose that's more than we have against anyone else.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:02 pm 
alive with marc at Sidpac


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:09 pm 
that last post was made from warehouse.

now we are at sidpac


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:10 pm 
handed a piece of paper to alex together


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:11 pm 
Announcement: jy is elected Mayor.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 pm 
I'm still in my office in the media lab, so if one of them dies, wasn't me.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:14 pm 
Mark is leaving. He wants me to note his name is spelled with a k and not a c.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:18 pm 
and here's a photo I just took in SidPac

See the aquarium?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee28 ... t18152.jpg


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:20 pm 
yar leaving now to go to student center


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:20 pm 
Ok, what, what *what* just happened? Not that I don't approve of JY as mayor, 'cause I'm like, 98% sure that she's innocent... or at least I was, until this went down - but I had the following exchange via PM w/ JRC today. I'm not sure whether this makes him guilty, but he definitely lied to me - some kind of plotting has been going down behind my back, and it also seems like he really wanted me to show up to sign the thing w/ no witnesses. I can provide screenshots if you want proof that this conversation happened exactly as follows.

------------------
Howdy, Nicole

I'm passing around a mayorship petition. Would you be willing to sign it today?

Thanks,

JRC

--------

Why are you sending this as a PM? Who are you trying to keep this a secret from?

I'll consider signing it if there's somebody else present (preferably at least two other people) - I'd rather not be alone w/ anyone playing this game, don't wanna get myself killed.

--------

I'd rather not have the mafia know that I"m trying to be mayor. In the possibility that you're not mafia, keeping this secret is a good idea.

Is there a player you would trust to witness the signing?

--------

I would trust JY - I already PMed her to ask about this, as I figured that assuming you're not mafia trying to single me out for a kill, you probably would've PMed her as well... it seems like everybody trusts she's the investigator at this point.

--------

there's still an eensie weensie part of me that says she and Di are full of it, but I told Vivian that unless she wanted me to be convinced she was mafia, she would turn in the petition.

If she was a townie there'd be no reason (other than revenge, I suppose) to not turn it in.
So I have to assume she was mafia.

I hope I'm making the right decision.

--------

well, who would you trust to witness the signing?

--------

jy is satisfactory, but I don't believe she will be willing to come out and expose herself. As such, I am willing to go alone.

Besides, I'm a good sprinter and will not hesitate to run away if I feel endangered.

--------

uh, I think you missed my point.

I'm afraid of *you* killing *me*, not the other way around, lol.

--------

Are there any locked doors in SidPac that you can slip paper underneath?

--------

Not sure. I can check when I get home, but that won't be until late.

--------

fences also work just fine


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 pm 
ps I didn't go to SC I'm in my room at Simmons


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm 
That was rather underhanded. Any reason you hid this whole thing from, as far as I can tell, everyone at Random?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm 
I can verify that the conversation posted above is authentic.

I did in fact imply (I think to her I made it explicit, my fault) that I would be mayor, but I did not intend to.

I had multiple petitions because I feel getting a mayor I trust is more important than who it is.

Obviously I prefer that it be me, but I"m nearly certain of JY's innocence.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 pm 
Brian Iglesias wrote:
That was rather underhanded. Any reason you hid this whole thing from, as far as I can tell, everyone at Random?


Because y'all for the most part lost my trust with last night's shenanigans.

PS: We got a signature from someone who is either at Sid-Pac or Random. I won't say whom so as to avoid jeopardizing them.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Brian Iglesias wrote:
That was rather underhanded. Any reason you hid this whole thing from, as far as I can tell, everyone at Random?


Because y'all for the most part lost my trust with last night's shenanigans.

PS: We got a signature from someone who is either at Sid-Pac or Random. I won't say whom so as to avoid jeopardizing them.


This is ridiculous.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 pm 
Why is that?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 pm 
jayarsea wrote:
Brian Iglesias wrote:
That was rather underhanded. Any reason you hid this whole thing from, as far as I can tell, everyone at Random?


Because y'all for the most part lost my trust with last night's shenanigans.

PS: We got a signature from someone who is either at Sid-Pac or Random. I won't say whom so as to avoid jeopardizing them.


Am I misreading the rules here? I thought you needed a minimum of 5 signatures to vote someone into office. That gives us JRC, Mark, + 3 other people. Assuming Brian is telling the truth that he had no idea this was going on, neither Brian or I signed it, so that leaves at least 3 of the 4 of: AmiGreene, Di, JB Parkes, jy.

Besides, what do you mean "someone either at SidPac or Random"? I'm the only one left in SidPac, and I already said I didn't sign it.

That's a lot of people to be sneaking around behind our backs, no?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:50 pm 
I imagine that jy signed her own petition.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:51 pm 
You imagine? You were there. :-P

So I guess your mystery Random signer is either Ami or JB. Not sure why it's such a secret, but whatever.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:52 pm 
In the event that you were our fifth signer, I would not imperil your life by acknowledging your denial which could be staged if you were our fifth signer.

Does that make sense?

JY/Di/MarK/JRC/ one person at Random or SidPac


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:53 pm 
Because due to the actions of a known mafia, you now distrust everyone who supported someone they trusted. You admit yourself how your thought process is biased. As a result, you went behind our backs and elected a mayor who I would have objected quite strongly to having. I would have been fine with you or Mark being mayor, but at this point my trust in JY's ability to judge a situation fairly is rock-bottom. And now I'm soured on the whole lot of you because you did it behind my back. The game is now effectively over, as all power is now in JY's hands. I wouldn't mind this so much if the last two days hadn't caused my opinion of JY to become that she's thoroughly incompetent, and if the mafia lose it will only be through sheer luck.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:53 pm 
I do not wish to give away information concerning the identity of our signer who has earned some amount of innocent credibility. I'd rather the mafia kill someone I'm suspicious of.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:56 pm 
We are consulting and while I believe she has gone off the deep end with some of her reasons, so long as she's voting for whom I believe to be mafia, there's really no problem.

The game is in JY's hands, yes. I'd rather they be in mine, but I feel that from any other point of view than my own, that'd be rather shady.

PS: I have a petition with four signatures to make me mayor. The person who signed jy's didn't sign the one to make me mayor.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group