Live Action Mafia

A game of sneakiness and paranoia
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: In-Game vs Out-of-Game
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:26 pm 
[Copied from my e-mail]

I would like to remind everyone that in Mafia, you are playing a role in a game. What others say and do is driven by a desire to do the best they can for their themselves and their team. Expect players to lie, manipulate, collude, and present a false face. Groups of trust, emotional arguments, and betrayal are parts of the game. It's not personal.

Emotions will run high. Your plans may be sabotaged. You may be eliminated from the game. It happens. Play your best, and if you're out of the game, step aside so that those still playing can continue to enjoy playing.

However, making personal attacks against players is crossing the line. Do not do in, not even as an in-game tactic. If you think someone is making a poor argument or you dislike a decision they made in-game, say as such, not that they are stupid. I expect all players to be civil, whether they remain in the game or not. If any players fail to do so, I will sadly have to end the game before it reaches a conclusion.

If you believe something happens that is against the rules or outside the spirit of the game, message me privately.

After this game ends, I hope you will join me for an end-of-game get-together where you can talk freely and reminisce about the game with everyone, including those who were against you in the game.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]